“A BIT STALE”

US$37.57*
and up
Tyrolean Folk Show in Innsbruck
More attraction details
Owner description: Our family has been organizing Tyrolean Evenings in Innsbruck since 1967 already, and for many people we are the musical ambassadors representing Innsbruck and Tyrolean Music around the world. Do not miss one of the best folk performances all across Europe which only includes authentic Tyrolean music, Folk dances and “shoe-slapping” as well as typical Tyrolean songs and “yodelling”. We entertain our national and international audience on a daily basis and it would be a pleasure to welcome you to one of our shows during your visit to the city of Innsbruck. Our Tyrolean Evening Shows take place daily from April through October at the Sandwirt Restaurant in Innsbruck. In addition, we provide a wide range of events during the winter season with Christmas Concerts and Tyrolean Evenings.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Overall I did enjoy the evening, but felt that many of the performers, while very talented, didn't have their heart in it, that they were just going through the motions. I can imagine how they must feel doing the same performance night after night. Having seen it, and remembering it, I would not choose to go again if I was to go back to Innsbruck, but I would recommend it to someone going for the first time. It was fun to hear the excellent yodeling, the different musical instruments being played and the folk dancing.

tirolerabend, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at Tyrolean Evenings with the Gundolf Family, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Our family and the performers put all their effort and enthusiasm into the show. We'd like to point out that we don't have the same artists on stage every night. We dispose of a big pool of artists who take turns in order to guarantee that the singing, dancing and music is performed with pleasure and enthusiasm and to avoid too much routine on stage.

All reviews
"for sale"
"whole family"
"visiting innsbruck"

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We noticed the evening availability on the Internet in February , so booked for the Sunday evening of the Germany-Argentina Final whilst we were in Innsbruck on Holidays. The booking said to arrive for dinner at 7pm , with the show commencing at 8.30pm. We arrived at 6.45pm and they had put our 1st course on the table by 6.55pm and the 2nd & 3rd courses kept arriving at such a frenetic pace that we had completed our dinner by 7.15pm. The food was poor - Sidewalk Cafeteria level at best , and the Service staff were run off their feet and uncommunicative and just NOT happy people. Then the Restaurant Manager and her Assistant got involved in a loud heated argument with an (admittedly) rude verbose Japanese Tour Guide in front of all the nearby seated tables. We had a bread basket on our table which we had half consumed and fingered in the course of same which was then passed on by the Waiter to a just arrived next table of four young girls much to their disgust. Then , notwithstanding that our entry pass clearly stated that the cost of the evening was Euro 46.oo for the dinner and the Folkloric Concert - our evening was topped off by one of the Female Folkloric members coming around and it appeared , asking for set price donations (by way of raffle tickets or similar) for their Group - we presumed ! We didn't wait to find out - we were so disgusted by the whole negative tenor of the evening that just before she arrived at our table we elected to leave. We arrived back at our Hotel and the Receptionist asked why we arrived back so early. When I explained about everything that had happened she commented that the Restaurant had a poor reputation and her/their guests who had been booked by the Hotel to attend had in many instances come back with similarly negative experiences. The evening was a great disappointment because our Family went there in a very positive frame of mind to enjoy the evening and experience.

3  Thank FRANK H

WHAT A PITY! YOU DIDN'T SEE THE SHOW!
First of all we want to apologize that you were not happy with the food and service at the restaurant. But at the same time we'd like to point out that most of your comments are due to some misunderstandings: There was no argument between our staff and the Asian tour leader. It was well the contrary as the waitress in question and the tour leader know each other for a long time. The second misunderstanding seems to have appeared when a member of our family in a traditional dress went around to check the tickets. Apparently you've left before she was able to talk to you. Therefore we were unable to compensate for the food and service you were not happy with and to explain you the organisation of the rest of the evening.
We are very sorry that you missed out on our show programme which you would have enjoyed for sure as most of our clients do! Fortunately the comments on Tripadvisor confirm that the show is highly entertaining and professional.
As we were able to see you at your hotel we could refund you the amount paid for the show. We'd like to apologize for the inconvenience and hope that the day you'll come back to Innsbruck you will come to see our show in order to see that you've missed out on a show worth seeing!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

This was great fun. Culturally accurate. Big kudos for inclusion of all cultures in the performance. A drink (beer, coke, apple juice) was included. We did not purchase a dinner ticket. They arranged transfer to and from hotel for 5 euro per person round trip and reimbursed 9 euro per person for using the Innsbruck Card (also a great value). Definitely recommend for a fun evening of entertainment.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I spent a lot of time laughing while at my Tyrolean Evening with the Gundolf Family. I wasn't laughing out of mockery but because the whole thing was a lot of fun.

The yodeling, the cowbells, and the folk dancing were a wonderful taste of traditional Tyrolean culture.

The final tribute included a song for every home country for those in attendance. Sweden, France; the USA--no problem. They even accommodated South Korea, Malaysia, and India. But they were stumped with Sri Lanka and only could waive the flag. But still, what an impressive international tribute repertoire!

I had a wonderful time.

A couple of areas could use some improvement. I booked my reservation online the afternoon that I attended. When I arrived, they had no record of my reservation. However, they seated me without any haggling.

The restaurant service was lacking. It appeared that they only had one waitress for the entire venue. Those at my table had to track her down; otherwise, we wouldn't have been served.

The food was pretty tasty, once it arrived.

*Also, I received a 9 euro cash refund upon entering the restaurant because I had an Innsbruck card.

1  Thank TravelingBadger00