“Near the Golden Roof”
Review of Hotel Grauer Bar

Hotel Grauer Bar
Ranked #17 of 72 Hotels in Innsbruck
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This hotel was a stop on out Sound of Music tour. Room was huge. Nice view of the Alps from the room. Good breakfast, very near the Golden Roof a landmark of Innsbruck. Train station about 10-15 minutes walking.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We stay here with trafalgar group,
The service was poor, staffs weren't helpful at all. Poor English speaking.

Beds were uncomfortable and when we complained about the beds, they said there wasn't much they could do. I was furious!

At breakfast, we were there at 7:30am, this is still considered early, I asked if I could have a croissant as I saw some people were having them. One of the female staff didn't even bother to look at me and replied "there's no more". She didn't even bother to check, 5-10mins later, a basket of fresh croissant came out. This made me so upset that I curst the girl. She could have checked and see if there were any left but she didn't. I really dislike the staffs here.

I give them 1 star for free wifi. Apart from that, we didn't have a pleasant stay! I will never recommend this hotel to anyone, I will report this to my travel agent.

Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank Alivia T
Reviewed 5 July 2014

My family of 4 (2 adults + 2 teenagers) stayed at Hotel Grauer Bar for 1 night. We really enjoyed our stay.

Likes:
- excellent quad room available with 4 single beds, large closet/storage, walk out balcony with great view of the mountains
- great location...short walk to old town, bus stops that get you everywhere, Congress Centre where you can catch the Nordkettenbahnen up to the mountain
- excellent service - the ladies at the front desk were awesome...very friendly and helpful
- beautiful newly renovated common areas...lobby, breakfast restaurant, pool and deck
- excellent breakfast included with our room price...lots of variety of cold and hot items

Not-so-likes:
- Room is a little outdated compared to the lobby and other common areas.
- Shampoo is available in the bathroom in sample foil packages...very cheesy and cheap looking.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The Grauer Bar hotel is conveniently located close to the city center. The town is charming with old buildings in pastel colors and there are lots of shops and restaurants. The Hotel Grauer Bar, while having a pleasant lobby, was stingy with amenities and we had to change room keys three times in two nights as they didn't work. We had to ask for soap, the towels were thin and the breakfast was disorganized. You had to line up to make your coffee with just two machines making only one cup at a time. Imagine the line for coffee in the morning, with jet-lagged tourists!
The hotel did, however, provide free wifi in the rooms, an appreciated perk.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Top feature is location being only one block from Old City. Apparently, hotel has just recently gone through an upgrade throughout and we found it to be money well spent as we were impressed throughout all facilities. Only downside was rude treatment by restaurant staff. Front desk staff were very accommodating somewhat offsetting rude restaurant staff.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This hotel was clean, modern with a friendly staff and about 2 blocks from Innsbruck's Old Town. There was really nothing special about this hotel good or bad. We slept well and everything worked as it should. The breakfast was good.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We stay here from 2 nights from 10/06 - 11/06. The hotel is very near to the old town entrance, less than 5 min walk away.

The room is a bit too small but ok. The breakfast is ok but not much choices. Service staff is friendly in general.

But I have a not very nice encounter with one of the senior counter staff. On the second morning of my stay, I decided to go for a run around the area nearby. Not knowing about the place, I thought I should just ask the counter staff if its ok and safe to run around the area. I just being careful. So I approach this senior looking counter staff (not in uniform, looks like he is in his 50th or older) ask him if it is safe to run around this area. He replied with "I don't understand". I repeat my question again slowly, thinking maybe he don't understand English. But he replied "why not?" and then turn back to continues his work.

Ok you maybe very confident with your city, or even proud of it, but then, as a service staff, you still have to answer your customer politely. I don't think it is wrong to ask a question like this for someone who does not know the city well. I just know someone who got killed recently while out for a cycling around the hotel area during his holiday trip to Legoland in Malaysia. So for this attribute I give 2 stars for the service.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple