“Very Nice Hotel”

Ranked #23 of 75 Hotels in Innsbruck
Bournemouth
“Very Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 3 June 2013

We stayed for one night and were very impressed by the hotel. There was a friendly greeting at Reception and the staff were polite and friendly throughout our stay. The room was clean and spotless and the balcony provided a charming view across the nearby Church and towards the mountains. The breakfast choice was very good.

We didn't have time to use the Spa facilities but we did have a quick look and everything appeared smart, clean and attractive.

We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank richp4nyc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Regensburg, Bayern, Germany
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Staying at Sporthotel turned out to be a good idea, particularly since we wanted to hit OLEX for first-time skiing experience. First of all, the people at the hotel were friendly and helpful. Which to me is the most important attribute of a good vacation hotel.
Then there's an excellent ski equipment rental place right next door, with a choice of five or six good cafes and restaurants nearby. This includes a really nice Italian place just round the corner, just for a break from the traditional fare :) The hotel also has a nice swimming pool with sufficient and well maintained support infrastructure. A kiddie play area, (really small) pool table, and a tabletennis room were some of the other nice indoor amenities we used. And there's probably more there that we didn't get to in our 3 days.

One suggestion I can make is to store floats and safety vests for kids closer to the pool so that staff don't have to run back inside to get them :) Which to their credit they did with a smile. Overall, you won't go wrong with this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Madhusudhan C
Reviewed 1 April 2013 via mobile

This is a wonderful hotel! The hotel is as beautiful as it appears in the photos. Our room was new and spacious. The common areas welcoming, warm and relaxing. Breakfast was plentiful, everything you could ask for. We ate in the restaurant twice - the food was delicious and the staff were very attentive and willing to help. The location is excellent - close enough to Innsbruck as well as being ideal for skiers. There's carparking and an undercover garage. The only problem we had was that the Internet didn't work in our room. That aside, we'd definitely go back again!

• Stayed March 2013
London
Reviewed 31 March 2013

We stayed at the hotel from 13th March for one week. Really lovely Hotel, staff were great very accommodating, the rooms were nice with a great balcony which had a view of the mountains.
We did not go there to ski but my partner took his boots just in case he could get a day in. Igls itself is quiet, great walks, brilliant Italian restaurant just up the road, We wanted to investigate Innsbruck, there was not many places we did not visit, we got an Innsbruck card which is a must as you save so much money, came back and now feel I know a lot about the Tyrol and Maximilian 1st, I am sure we will go again as there were still things to see, tram and bus service between both places very good.
We did go up to the top of the mountain and my partner had an afternoon of skiing, whilst he was doing his thing I enjoyed a lovely glass of red and had the most breath taking views to look at.
We got a taxi from the airport which we pre booked and cost 20 euro, we came back by tram and bus just to be different.
All in all if you are thinking of staying in this hotel you cannot go wrong, do have a look at the Italian we ate there every night it has a good variety of pasta and steak is yummy, it was top notch. We go to Austria a lot and were not dissappointed with Igls.

Room Tip: As is usual with Austria the Spa is a nude area
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hawksmoor22
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 March 2013

My wife and I returned to this hotel after a gap of many years and, despite one blip at the beginning, had a thoroughly enjoyable stay.

The food was excellent, both at breakfast and dinner. We had, as usual, two single rooms - these were spacious for rooms of this type and very comfortable. The heating can be controlled and we were able to get our rooms to the temperature we wanted. We had no problem with service in the dining room at all contrary to one recent review - all the staff understood English and the pacing and accuracy of the service was just right. The lady who cleaned our rooms was delightful and very efficient.

Lovely lounge and bar and half price happy hour every evening.

The one blip was that the receptionist who welcomed us had got the room reservations wrong, even though the right information was in her records. However, this was quickly remedied and we so enjoyed the rest of the stay that we feel the excellent rating is merited.

Igls is ideal for skiers and non-skiers alike, with plenty of walking and easy, cheap access to Innsbruck (ask for bus and tram ticket concessions at the local Tourist Information office.

Just the usual gripe about TUI, who seem to care less the bigger they get. Transfers both ways were pretty shambolic (luckily the return transfer coach was an hour late otherwise we would have been dropped at the airport three and a half hours early).

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Prof133
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 15 March 2013

I have stayed at this property almost annually for the last few years, so it is obvious I like it enough to return. The staff has always been friendly to me. For example, I was taking a shuttle this year back to the airport in Munich and they wanted to pick me up at 4:30 am. The staff knew this (they took the call from the shuttle company), so they arranged a wake up call, offered to have tea or a small breakfast for me even though it was considerably before the regular breakfast time, and had someone in the lobby to make sure I departed on time. I read a previous review about staff not speaking English and I have never had a problem with that here.

The breakfast is fine, nice selection. I ate there once for dinner and it was okay, a bit overpriced, but not bad.

For those skiing, this is completely within walking distance to the slope and also to the bus to take into Innsbruck. Extremely convenient location in Igls.

The issues that keep me from rating this a 5 are the following: the room sizes vary greatly. I dislike that you pay per occupant instead of per room (other hotels in the area do not follow this policy (so when my husband is with me, we will stay somewhere else). As those of you who have read my other hotel reviews know, I have a thing about a nice shower. The shower here has a problem (repeated for each year) - the water rotates from cold to hot. Not just a bit, but to the point I have had to jump out of the water stream as it suddenly became freezing or scalding.
Last, the room temperature is very hard to control. I seem to have the choice of too hot or too cold. :)

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Lisa H
Pattingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 March 2013

I stayed here one night whilst travelling back to the UK. Taxi from the station in Innsbruck was around 15 Euro. There is a tram close to the hotel that goes into Innsbruck but I didn't use it.
As for the hotel it is right in the centre of town. The staff were excellent understanding my schoolboy German or switching to perfect English when they didn't.
I didn't book for dinner and when I arrived at the restaurant (which looks huge) I was ushered off to a smaller room at the front of the hotel. This was far better as it was quieter.
The food was excellent with a good range of local food, although they did not have the boar I wanted as it is popular. No problem, the lamb was excellent.
I had a single room which was clean and larger than most single rooms I have been in before. Very quiet and free WiFi.
Ski bus seems to stop less than a minute walk down the road.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo