“Awesome rooms with a beautiful view!”
Review of Hilton Innsbruck

Hilton Innsbruck
Ranked #13 of 73 Hotels in Innsbruck
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We stayed at the Hilton for about 3 nights in December 2013.

The hotel was good however the reception area could be spruced up a little, its dim and depressing upon entry. However, the rooms were very good, clean and spacious! We were on the uppermost floor facing the Alps and the view was outstanding!

The location is very good. The hotel is a short walk away from the train station and has a bus stop around the corner as well. Many famous landmarks are within walking distance...

The breakfast spread was good and the staff seemed helpful.

Room Tip: Anything above the 9th floor and mountain-facing is advised!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Neha_Goa
Torsten W, Manager at Hilton Innsbruck, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Neha_Goa,

Thank you for your stay at our hotel. I am happy to hear that our inspirational environment and unparalleled service helped to create memories that will last long after your time with us concluded. Great to hear that we "MAKE IT RIGHT" and that you post this on tripadvisor!

Please note that we are constantly working on improvements, e.g. in the lobby we renewed our flower concept and next we are looking into is the lighting.

Thank you for this remarkable statement, and I hope to see you again soon.

Summer greetings from the "Capital of the Alps"!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Great location, just a few minutes walk from the old town and many restaurants. The view from the 11th floor was amazing and the room was nice, big and clean. It was nice to get complementary drink and chocolate bar and they came in handy on arrival. The staff was ok, nothing special, Unfortunately there is no free wifi in the room but it is available at the lobby.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Torsten W, Manager at Hilton Innsbruck, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear TihiViki,

First of all I would take this opportunity to thank you to post your excellent 5 star review on tripadvisor.

We are extremely happy that you have had a great stay with us. Your comment about the close location to the train station and the easy acces to the hotel from there as well as the breakfast and our staff makes us very happy. Please be assured I have shared your words with our teams.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 4 August 2014

This hotel was in a great location near Old Town. The staff was very friendly and helpful with dining recommendations in the area. The room was spacious and clean. Great value for the money! The only downside was the poor signage for both the hotel and parking options. It took an extra trip around the block to find the correct location. Other than that small hiccup, the stay was a success!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Torsten W, Manager at Hilton Innsbruck, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Scott N,

we are very happy that you wrote these nice comments about our hotel and our services on tripadvisor.

I am very pleased to share your comments with our team as I know that this is the best motivation. Your comment about the parking situation is well noted and we are working on a clearer signage.

We are hoping to welcoming you back very soon, so that our attentive staff can spoil you again.

For now I remain with the best regards from the "Capital of the Alps",

Reviewed 2 August 2014

The loving moments:

- 5 minute walk from train station
- Has a casino
- Check in smooth.
- Large room
- Good bathroom with nice amenities
- Decent view from room....but not the best
- Interesting FM + Alarm clock set
- 5 min. walk from main shopping arena,
- 10 min walk from places to see like Old Clock Tower, GoldenRoof etc
- Quiet place

The not so loving moments:
- Staff was a bit cold
- Wi-fi not in room but lobby. I guess this is common with Austrian Hotels.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing mountains, highest floor possible.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear travel_o_o_logues,

First of all I would like to thank you for your time to post your wonderful and very constructive comments about our hotel and our services on tripadvisor. We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Both your excellent four star rating and your honesty motivate us even more to provide the service you expect from a Hilton hotel.

Dear travel_o_o_logues, please feel free to contact me or anyone of our team if we can be of any future assistance or help. We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

For now I remain with kindest regards,

Reviewed 31 July 2014

This hotel is very close to train stn and has some of the best views of the mountains and the town.
Rooms are spacious and clean, bathroom is decent. Beds are comfortable but the blankets need to be a little wider (if sharing the bed with a child).
Breakfast spread was good. (We had booked a room with "break-included" - so not sure about the breakfast price).
Its a 4-star hotel and in this time and age, a minimum of free-WiFi in the room is expected. Would be great if they provide it. Internet in the lobby works fine though.

I did not appreciate them keeping all the snacks and chocolates at display and reach of a little child. They charge heavily for those things and I thought it was cheap tactics to tempt little children into picking and eating those chocolate bars. We hid the chock-bars inside the shelf and the cleaning staff replaced them with new ones the next day. As expected we were charged 6 Euros for 2 kitkats!! When told that we have not consumed them, but only hidden them in their shelf - they agreed to revert but charged nevertheless..when corrected again, the staff reverted only 4Euros. We couldn't fight for 2 Euros anymore and left the hotel. I expected more from Hilton!

This experience apart, its a decent place to stay in Innsbruck.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Torsten W, Manager at Hilton Innsbruck, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Der Chitra_Barath,

Thank you for taking the time to post your rating and your comments on tripadvisor.

All guest comments are extremely important to us, as it is only through first hand experiences such as yours, that we can continuously improve our service.

I was naturally pleased to see that your feedback about our the size and beds of our rooms and about the location and its views are very good, your scores and comments will be shared with all the relevant teams and I was delighted to read your feedback about our breakfast.

Regarding the mini bar comments I thank you for your constructive comments. This is very important for us to improve. Be assured that I addressed your points to the housekeeping team and the Executive Housekeeper already so we can will put some changes into place. It is definitely not a sales tactic of us!

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton Innsbruck in the near future. I am confident that you will receive the usual high level of service that we are so proud of.

Best regards,

Reviewed 31 July 2014

This was my first visit to Innsbruck and I stayed for over a week... Before even arriving at the hotel, the reception staff was truly helpfull in giving me directions to the hotel - a very short walk from the main trainstation. I was very surprised when I arrived at the hotel to see that the reception staff was wearing traditional austrian Dirndl :-) Christina from reception was so kind to help me in planning some of my hiking trips and helped me booking train tickets as well... The room I stayed in, was located in the 10th floor, the view on the mountains was just breathtaking! When I had to have some of my clothes cleaned, I left them at reception in the afternoon and got them back in the room the next day in the morning! Great Service - Thank you!
Thank you very much for this lovely stay - I will definitely return!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Dear Leah N,

Thank you for your stay at our hotel. I am happy to hear that our inspirational environment and unparalleled service helped to create memories that will last long after your time with us concluded. Great to hear that we and sepecially Christina "MAKE IT RIGHT" and that you post this on tripadvisor! I am sure that your hiking trips were beautiful and you had a chance to relax in our wonderful guest gardens in the old town afterwards.

Thank you for this remarkable statement, and I hope to see you again soon.

Summer greetings from the "Capital of the Alps"!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Had a great time here - the breakfast buffet (included in our room rate) was great. Cappuccino machine was a blessing in the am! The hotel is an easy walk from old town and the tram. Nice, modern and accommodating room for three of us. The front desk was very helpful and spoke great english. We rented bikes directly from the front desk and toured the city. We did decide to go to the casino next door and had a few minutes of fun. Purchase the innsbruck card - it will pay for itself in only a few trips (we took the tram and gondola to the top of the mountain-which was all included).

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Torsten W, Manager at Hilton Innsbruck, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear JEBDenver,

Thank you so much for sharing.....truly pleased regarding your recent experience with us.

The location is absolutely remarkable and I am fortunate for having shared it with you. The spacious and clean rooms do make a difference and we are truly honored that you do recommend the Hilton Innsbruck! Great to read your faboulues comments about our breakfast, the coffee machine and its services!

Looking forward to welcome you back again very soon.

Best regards,