“Great Location”

Ranked #15 of 73 Hotels in Innsbruck
Guam, Mariana Islands
“Great Location”
Reviewed 11 September 2011

Hotel Zach was in the best location! It was a quick walk to all the sites. The breakfast and service were great. It was the most economical we could find for a place just to rest our heads. Would I suggest it to a friend to stay in? Yes, if you are looking for a great location. No, if you are looking for glamour or that romantic feeling.

We didn't spend much time inside, the heatwave and not having air conditioning didn't help with the sleeping part of it and it wasn't one of our favorites for what you are suppose to use a room for, to sleep.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 25 August 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel in August for two nights. The staff were very helpful. The room was very comfortable and the breakfast was very nice. Car parking was a bit of an issue as the garage for the hotel is around the block. I noticed there was a parking station across the road and to the right which may be more convenient. Had a very enjoyable stay here.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 11 August 2011

I booked this hotel a month in advance and then 1 week before my stay, the hotel emailed me that my room was ruined by the previous guest and cencelled my reservation. I didn't beleive them 100%. They transfered me to another hotel. That was OK, I can accept that. But 1 day before my arrival, they emailed me again that somebody has canncelled his room so I can go back to the Zach. Of course, I was traveling on the plane and I didn't check my email. But how can they do this, what about another hotel that they transferred me to? It would be too urgent to cancel the new hotel. They didn't care about other people even it was their false, they just want more guests, more money. But that's not enough, the Zach even dare to charge my credit card for no show! I've never seen such a greedy hotel like this. What a shame?

Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank willy5
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2011

Very central and easy to find from station. Very comfortable rooms and good breakfasts. Very helpful staff, highly recommend for all travellers.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 July 2011

Everything was great at Hotel Zach. The breakfast was really exceptional, and we slept well in our clean and well appointed room. The staff and owner were so nice and welcoming, and provided all of the information we needed for a good visit to Innsbruck. We were sorry that we were only staying one night! I would definitely stay here again, and I enthusiastically recommend the hotel. It is an easy 5 minute walk from the main train station, and just a few minutes walk to all of the attractions of central Innsbruck.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the courtyard side for the quietest location.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 16 July 2011

This small hotel is well placed about 5 minutes walk from the Hauptbahnhof and near the old town. It has an entrance way that looks like an open garage with an elevator and stairs at the back of the garage. The staff are friendly and helpful. We were allowed to check in early after moving from another hotel in Innsbruck. They also offered to store our luggage for a time but our room had become available sooner than expected.
Hotel Zach is definitely non-smoking and our room (204) was very clean and large and airy. The room was well appointed but had no tea making facilities. Breakfast was included in the price and included the range of cereals, yogurt, fruits, meats, cheeses etc that seems to go with Austrian buffet breakfasts. And tea as well! And freshly made coffee too!
The bed was very comfortable and had a power point next to it to make easy access for plugging in my sleep apnea machine.
There is a laundromat about a block away.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank SydneyRandB
Reviewed 10 July 2011

Our family of 4 (2 boys under 12) stayed one night here. Our 'family room' was in fact two good sized rooms + ensuite, situated at the back of the hotel in a small, quiet courtyard. Staff were charming and couldn't do enough to help us, even for a short stay. Location was perfect for us - a short walk from the main station and equally short walk to the old town and the river. We thought it good value for what is otherwise an expensive place to visit. Only real reservation was being a bit too warm/stuffy overnight.

• Stayed July 2011