“just average”

Austria Trend Hotel Congress Innsbruck
Ranked #8 of 74 Hotels in Innsbruck
Reviewed 17 February 2014

The hotel is not bad but there is one big minus comparing to the price. I had a standard room with the bed of 'leprechaun' size which was really to small to sleep comfortable. Besides of above long time waiting to check in, long distance to walk to the city center, no tea/coffee equipment in the room. Just average.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Austria Trend Hotel Congress Innsbruck

Reviewed 10 February 2014

I recently booked myself into the Austrian Trend Hotel Innsbruck for 4 nights. In the morning after my first night on which I arrived late form the Innsbruck airport, I kindly asked the front desk manager lady to check whether or not my shower could be cleaned. The shower floor was so terribly stained and sticky that one already catches mycosis by sheer looking at it.

After getting back from my day, in the evening I found out that nothing had been done at all to the shower-floor, but in the meantime the silverfish which in the morning only occupied the bathroom floor meanwhile made it into my bed. So I went down to reception to kindly ask the night shift manager to give me a different room.

Seemingly upset, he did so and handed over to me a new key card, avoiding eye contact but telling me to better hand back the old key card once finished move. I changed room and carried my cases to the new room just to find out that this one was full of paint and painting equipment, of course not ready to move into.

So, already 9:30 pm, I carried my cases down to reception desk, up-dating the night shift front man on the room he had been given to me. Again, seemingly upset he put me into another room, so again I carried everything back into the next room, trial number 2! This room stank, NOTE: not smelling, it stank after paint as it got recently painted.

Again, down to reception, asking for a room that was clean and just not smelling. Now, the night shift front desk man seemingly upset, telling me that different people just feel different about the smell of new paint. In other words: just deal with it and let me go! He handed out a new key card, without daring to look at me and said: if this room is now not ok for you, it cannot be helped!

I now took this last room as it was already late that night. I ended up in a room with the same stained shower (but nothing more than mineral water in the mini-bar) as I had when moving in the day before. I got on the internet to book myself into a new hotel for the remaining two nights at Innsbruck in the very same night. It is not only that the hotel rooms are simply not ok, what is really annoying is the reaction of the staff and how they deal with a complaint that is obvious. The front desk guy did not once care to look at the rooms by himself. To me this is no place to go anymore. I checked 4 rooms and I now I don't want to see anymore rooms at this hotel.

If the staff would have cared to book me into a slightly better room, everything would have been ok, but enough is enough. You get plenty of choices for the money that Austria Trend is charging. I'm regularly traveling to Innsbruck, but I will definitely not spend any more night at the Austria trend Hotel!

Room Tip: bring bathing shoes to avoid infection in the shower
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Jay1103
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Notwithstanding it is hard to find hotel with bad view in Innsbruck, this one have one of the best, including Inn's embankment. The other pluses are nordketten cable car station in front of the hotel and rather comfortable rooms.
What is bad is an reception work and attitude of particular staff. It was impossible to order a taxi urgently as only one person worked at reception and was busy at the time. The other employee
was objectively rude and deceitful when explaining why the ski bus didn't arrived at one day. That is, she said she saw it at the place where we were waiting, but it was false, moreover she said it in rather rude manner.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ivan S
Reviewed 21 December 2013

This hotel was a great price for Innsbruck and was modern with generous (for Europe) room sizes. The hotel was right across the street from the Nordkettenbahn funicular station and only 10 minutes from the old town. There was also a bus line that runs past the hotel with stops nearby. The reception staff was very helpful, even calling a repair service for our car for us because we didn't speak German. It was also a nice change to have free wifi (unlike many European hotels) and the parking rate was very reasonable at about 12 Euros per night.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Caroline F
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Purtroppo Booking non era aggiornato con le camere disponibili, così nonostante avevo la conferma della prenotazione della camera, le camere erano tutte prenotate. Booking non ha mandato nessuna mail per annullare o cambiare la prenotazione, ma in ogni caso l'hotel si è preoccupato di prenotarmi in un hotel, seppur più costoso, mantenendo la stessa cifra! Difficile trovare un comportamento simile in altri hotel! Molto soddisfatto!

Unfortunately Booking was not updated with the rooms available, so despite the confirmation of the booking of the room, the rooms were all booked. Booking did not send to me any email to cancel or change the reservation, but in any case the hotel has booked me into another hotel, even if more expensive, maintaining the same amount! Hard to find a similar behavior in other hotels! Very satisfied!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Matteo T
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Beautiful rooms and very customer oriented staff. Location near the Alpine Gondola is hard to beat and it is also a short walk to town center. A wonderful breakfast and service by staff for coffee. Local bus routes go right by the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ruben H
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Although a little out of the centre of Innsbruck it is still within walking distance, less than 10 minutes. Very friendly personel, the restaurant looked rather empty but the food was fine and very reasonably priced. From the window a beautiful view on the mountains, even though the railwaystop was in front of the hotel I unfortunately had no time to take the train up there.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business