“Fantastic Hotel”

Ranked #6 of 47 Hotels in Kitzbuhel
Preston, England
“Fantastic Hotel”
Reviewed 9 October 2010

My mother and I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights recently as we had booked the Tennerhof who advised us the day before arrival that their hotel was closed! Despite this less than ideal start to our holiday, we found the Tirolia to be an absolute delight from start to finish.

The hotel is new and furnished in a modern style. It is spotlessly clean throughout and the friendliness and service of all members of staff is exemplary. We have stayed in many 5 star hotels, particularly in Switzerland and this is the best one we have visited.

We sampled both the hotel restaurant and Petit Tirolia, the gourmet restaurant and were particularly impressed by Christian, the waiter in Petit Tirolia who was knowledgeable and friendly. The food in the main dining room was also excellent. Breakfast was a lavish buffet.

The spa area and swimming pools were again spotlessly clean and extremely well maintained.

The deluxe rooms were vast and the finish in the bathrooms excellent, with granite tops and Bose soundsystems. Aveda toiletries were plentiful.

Although not golfers, we were taken on a golf buggy around the course to see the beautiful views over the mountains - we were extremely fortunate with the weather that in October it was 22 degrees!

I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed October 2010
2 Thank Rascalsmum

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Orange County, CA
Reviewed 3 March 2010

Great hotel! We were debating whether to go to St Moritz, Lech, or Kitzbuhel... We chose Kitzbuhel because of the Grand Tirolia. The pics on the website were beautiful, so we had to check it out. It didn't dissappoint!

We booked through a third-party website and found that it was a lot cheaper than booking through the hotel and included b-fast and dinner (not including drinks). Dinner was GREAT - 4 courses of gourmet cusine! I STRONGLY recommend going with the sommelier's wine suggestions - he is great and the wine pairs really well!!

We also booked appointments in the spa for massages. Ask for PATRICIA!! She gave us one of the best massages we've ever had! We booked an hour massage, but since she had some extra time between appts, it was more like 1hr 15min. She is also very kind and professional.

The lobby bar is also a nice place to hang out after dinner. TIP: If you are champagne lovers (as we are) the bartender recommended we buy and bottle and store what is left in the lobby bar for the next night(s).

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank brsand
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 20 December 2009

We stayed here earlier this month for a conference and gala for my work. The hotel is just stunning, very nicely done with a true mountain feel and in many areas of the hotel, especially in the rooms and the spa, it seems like they've thought of everything.

We were greeted at our car and our skis and gear were taken immediately and later met us in our room. We were promptly checked in and the bell boy showed us how to work everything in the room, including a touchscreen to control the lights, temperature, do-not disturb, etc. The room was gorgeous, huge and very comfortable, tons of closet space and great bathroom with 2 sinks and a huge Jacuzzi tub and massive walk-in shower. No complaints there! I'm not a fan of the 2 single beds put together to make a king/double, but I know that how many German or Austrian hotels are. The TV was also at a weird angle if you were in bed so that wasn't ideal. Everything else was great though, large balcony, water left by the bed side often, lots of drawers in the bathroom so there was always space for all your stuff.

Other areas of the hotel were really nice as well, a good lobby bar, a larger restaurant/bar where we had several of our events and our conference and the breakfast/lunch room was nice too as many of these areas look out onto the golf course.

The spa area is outstanding -- an indoor pool that goes out into an outdoor pool, but one narrow entrance, but surprisingly my husband said the water was too cold inside, but was fine outside. There are endless different sauna and steam rooms, but we could only manage the temperatures in a few of them! They seemed to have lots of treatment rooms, but the spa experience was disappointing. My husband and I had called on separate occasions more than a week in advance to book our treatments. Each time, a woman had taken our name and details and said we were all booked in. We arrived at the spa maybe 10 minutes before our scheduled time and they had no record of either of our bookings. At my work event that night, I heard that this happened to someone else as well. What's worse, they asked what treatment I wanted and I asked to look through their spa menu, but my husband knew he wanted the sports massage, so one of the girls said she could take him right away. Which was great expect when I decided 2 minutes later which massage I wanted, I was told there was no one to do it. Could I get a facial instead they asked? I had just gotten one a few days ago and i had booked an hour massage. They ended up fitting me in later for a 30-min massage but my husband would have given me the 1-hour one had they explained the situation properly. I voiced my disappointment and they explained they don't take the appointments so they're not sure what happened. In the end, my massage was good, but my husband said his definitely wasn't anything special and the girl wasn't strong enough.

As far as the food goes, I would say across the various meals we had over the 4 days we were there, it was above average but not excellent. The service is what really detracted from this. They have a nice breakfast where they bring out a little tray of cheeses and meats and then you can order eggs if you'd like. The first morning we waited for about 20 minutes for the woman to take our order, then we waited and waited and waited. Finally after 40 minutes or so we caught her attention and asked if our order was ready. She seemed confused and asked us if we had ordered and finally said she'd go check. She came back out and asked if we still had time to wait and then finally another 15 minutes later we got our breakfast. If our order was forgotten you think they could have had 2 omelettes out to us in 5 minutes. It was very disorganised and the next morning, my colleagues sitting next to me experienced the same thing, waiting 45 minutes only to find out their order hadn't been placed.

The staff are very friendly and I know this is a new hotel so it takes some time to work everything out, but in my opinion, this hotel has everything going for it, but the service is going to leave people with a bad taste in there mouth. Especially for the expensive prices that are sure to come with ski season, I would have been very disappointed if I had been paying for this myself. Our big gala dinner started and finished 2 hours behind schedule...

I would love to stay at this hotel again, but I hope if I ever get the opportunity to go back that the service will catch up with the excellence in the other areas of the hotel.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank laurengucsb
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kitzbuhel
A-ROSA Resort Kitzbuehel
A-ROSA Resort Kitzbuehel
#2 of 47 in Kitzbuhel
Austria Trend Hotel Schloss Lebenberg
Hotel Kitzhof Mountain Design Resort
Kempinski Hotel Das Tirol
Best Western Premier Kaiserhof Kitzbuehel
Tennerhof Gourmet & Spa de Charme Hotel

Been to Grand Tirolia Kitzbuhel? Share your experiences!