In mid-March, my wife and I traveled to Kitzbuhel from Kentucky and spent four nights at the Sport & Beautyhotel before continuing our vacation in Vienna. We cannot say enough good things about this hotel, as it exceeded our expectations in nearly every aspect. Below are the key aspects that stood out to us.
1. Location: this hotel is no more than a three minute walk from the Kitzbuhel Hahnenkamm train station and is also directly across the street from the Hahnenkamm cable car that transports skiers to the top the mountain. The center of the town is an easy walk of less than 10 minutes with access to many restaurants, shops, the casino and other nightlife. The rental shop for ski equipment is only a couple of blocks from the hotel.
2. Customer Service: the staff at Hotel Schweizerhof could not have been better. They were friendly and went out of their way to make us feel welcome. During the reservation process, Christian was very responsive and answered all of our questions about the town and the hotel. He also advised us on our travel options from Munich. During our visit, all of the staff (Sarah, Stephanie, etc.) were helpful with with directions, train schedules, taxis, hiking suggestions and plenty of other dumb questions that we threw at them.
3. Common Facilities: in general, the hotel is well maintained. Within the past 5 years or so, the hotel underwent a large renovation, so most of the hotel appears new. The building is attractive with a modern decor. The common areas of the hotel were clean and tastefully decorated. The hotel sits at the base of mountain. Outside the main entrance, there is a patio with tables where you can enjoy cocktails while overlooking the town. The patio contains heaters and blankets at each table. In the basement, there is a wellness center than contains an exercise room, a heated swimming pool, two saunas and a steam room. The basement also contains a separate room for securely storing ski and biking equipment. The hotel offers laundry service for an expensive rate, but has no self-serve facilities on the premises. If you need to do a load of laundry, there is a laudromat in town next door to the post office.
4. Hotel Room: our room was spacious with a nice view of the mountain. Our windows opened easily and we were able to enjoy fresh air in our room. We shared a double bed and were very pleased that it was covered with a duvet (as opposed to a nasty bed spread that we usually remove and throw in the corner of the room). The room was equipped with a small flatscreen television (no HD), but it did not matter to us as we rarely turned it on. The bathroom was nice with a walk-in shower. It was also equipped with a towel warmer, but it seldom worked properly. One thing missing was a bathtub. While it did not matter to us, some patrons may like to relax in a hot tub after a long day of skiing. One thing we did not like was the old carpet in our room on the 2nd floor. We would have preferred wood floors like the room on the 1st floor where our friends stayed. Another disappointment is that we had to pay extra for WiFi internet access. Many hotels now include internet access as an ammenity. With the price of our package exceeding 300 EUR per night, it should have been included.
5. Restaurant: our hotel package included breakfast and dinner at the hotel. Before arriving, we had low expectations for the meals (expected a basic continental breakfast and maybe a dinner buffet). However, the meals turned out to be a pleasant surprise. The dining room atmosphere was relaxing with white table cloths and included full waiter service. The food was good with breakfast being the best. The buffet had many selections including cold meats, cheeses, cereals, eggs, bacon, fruit and pastries. The wait staff was professional and attentive.
All in all, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Sport & Beautyhotel and would definitely recommend it to anyone traveling to Kitzbuhel for a relaxing getaway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your advantages at the Schweizerhof:* best location in Kitzbühel - directly at the Hahnenkamm cable car* ski directly to the hotel* ideal base for hikers, golfers and cyclists* only 2 minutes walk to the charming center of Kitzbühel* guided walks in summer and winter* genuine hospitality and excellent service by friendly staff* family atmosphere* attractive SPA area with indoor pool, various saunas*, good range of beauty and spa treatments*, cosy rooms with high comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Schweizerhof Kitzbuehel, Sport- & Beautyhotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sport & Beautyhotel Schweizerhof Hotel
- Sport And Beautyhotel Schweizerhof
- Schweizerhof Hotel Kitzbühel