“A Perfect Break”
Review of Hotel Edelweiss

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kitzbuhel
Hotel Edelweiss
Ranked #1 of 47 Hotels in Kitzbuhel
Warrington, United Kingdom
“A Perfect Break”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I actually won a holiday to Kitzbuhel and the Hotel was the Edelweiss. It was perfect. Ideal hosts, location & setting. I enjoyed walking, hiking & biking during my week long stay but it was always a pleasure to return to the Edelweiss ( and its sauna !!!). It was a fantastic summer holiday and I certainly recommend the Edelweiss.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Brass007

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Luton
Reviewed 15 September 2013

There is very little to say that has not been said before. Fabulous little hotel, made perfect by Klaus and Veronica the wonderful hosts. Food was great, included packed lunch made up from breakfast buffet was good too, but the biggest plus Klaus and Veronica themselves, giving advice and information about proposed walks or visits, with times of transport and indication on maps of where to walk. They were also very helpful if advice needed re doctors etc.
The friendliness and happiness was infectious - the guests were all warm and friendly. You could join in or keep yourself to yourself if you wanted. We usually sat in the lounge bar after dinner for a drink or coffee and ended up in conversation with another guest exchanging views of trips etc.
The weather was mixed for our holiday, but sunshine too but inside the Edelweiss it felt sunny and warm from the happiness of the guests and the warmth and enthusiasm of the hosts.
The light pollution must be low in Kitzbuhel, we saw the most amazing starlit night sky from our bedroom on a couple of clear nights. Quite amazing.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Elizabeth S
Luton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 September 2013

have been a few times owners and staff make you feel like part of the family nothing is to much trouble they will recommend how to get to a place including times of transport and when you return they ask how you got on and if you enjoyed the day food is excellent and varied and plentiful if you can find better value and more hospitable hotel dream on it don,t exist have booked for next year that is the eleventh year

Room Tip: any where in this hotel
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank david m
Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 September 2013

This is the best hotel we have stayed at in Austria. Nothing was too much trouble. The assistance and local knowledge in helping you plan your day was exceptional. The staff were not only genuinely interested in what you had done each day but if you had enjoyed it. The food was great and being able to take your packed lunch from the breakfast table was not only convenient but saved us a great deal of money. The location - just outside the main town was ideal. Nearly everyone were returners as we hope to be in the future

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Derek P
Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 September 2013

After spending our six or seventh holiday in the Edelweiss I thought I would try to write something different. All the current reviews are pretty standard. Wonderful Hotel, Wonderful Service, Wonderful Staff, Wonderful food and Wonderful Hosts. Whilst I agree 100% with the expressed sentiment I thought it could get boring to the readers to see the same thing over and over again.
I did toy with the idea of writing a bad review to make it easier for me to book a room. But then I thought that that was incredibly selfish so I will content myself with saying book early, but not before me, if you want a choice of rooms. I feel safe to say that because I have already booked my August 2014 room.
Striving to make this review different I set myself the task this year of trying to find something wrong, after all I had 14 days to do so. In the famous words of Jeremy Clarkson "How hard can it be?"
Well after a lot of hard work I finally came up with something to complain about. One morning I announced to Klaus that I was going up the Kitzbuhel Horn in the cable car with the express purpose of catching a marmot. When I asked him if I was successful would he cook it for my dinner he refused point blank, he would not even make me a stew out of it. What sort of service do you call that?
Returning to more mundane things the atmosphere in the Hotel is that of one big family, first timers are quickly drawn into the family unless of course they wish to keep themselves to them selves when their wishes are respected.
At times conditions in the dining room can be quite hilarious, aided not a little by the good natured banter between staff and guests as well as between the guests themselves. One breakfast time we were regaled by the tale of a guest who had fallen out of bed in the night. (to save him embarrassment I will call him Gordon). According to him the bedside light switch was 3 days away and he fell out of bed trying to reach it. Helpful suggestions from other guests were that either he slept on the floor for the rest of his holidays or that he asked Klaus to give him a high sided cot!
Bearing in mind the Hotel is three star the food is pretty impressive and you are forbidden to go hungry. If in the unlikely event you do not fancy anything that is on the menu Klaus will arrange an alternative. Obviously if you go overboard and ask for stewed Ibex or lightly grilled Marmot there may be a small surcharge to keep within his budget simply because of the difficulty of catching them. Something like omelette and chips will be provided free of surcharge.
Summarising, everything good that has been said about the Hotel and its management is true the majority of guests are returning customers. My wife and I would not dream of staying anywhere else in Austria not even in a five star Hotel. All guests get personal service and are made to feel that they are the most important people in the Hotel. Klaus and Veronika show a genuine interest in their guests daily activities and go out of their way to offer individual advice on walks or trips to suit personal needs.
You could not ask for more.

Room Tip: You need to remember that this is only a small three star hotel and rooms vary. The small rooms are...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank kenneth e
Luton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Stayed at the Hotel Edelweiss as a group of friends and family, the purpose of the trip to celebrate one of the guests special birthday. On our arrival Klaus & Veronika welcomed us as if we were old friends.

The hotel staff were polite and very friendly and no request was to much bother, and we was thankful of this kindness when one of our party was taken ill and they saved food for us on our return from the doctor. On the day of my friends birthday our breakfast table was decorated with some table confetti and a candle and she was present with a birthday Kugelhopf complete with candles and chorus of Happy Birthday.

We stayed in the cottage in the garden and the rooms were spacious and comfortably fitted, I slept like a baby in the very comfortable bed. Our room had a sitting room area with a good tv that has BBC channels which was brilliant to keep up to date with the tennis at Wimbledon.

The food at the Edelweiss is fantastic, if you go hungry here I think you must be very fussy as the variety of foods available at all meal times was brilliant. Making a pack lunch from the breakfast buffet saves you the trouble of finding lunch when you are out exploring.
Everyday on the table was a menu card with suggested walks and trips in the area to try, which we found very useful and Klaus and Veronika were always happy to advise on train times.

It's the little things that make this hotel so wonderful and I look forward to return to the Edelweiss in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank HomeCookHelen
scarborough
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We first stayed at the Eidelweiss in Feb 2012, the first time we had been skiing in Austria. The skiing was great but we were most impressed with the hotel. Although it is only classed as a 3 star it was MUCH better than the 4 star hotel we had stayed in when we went to Bulgaria. Klaus, Veronika and all of their staff were so lovely. They were very friendly, always asking everyone how their day was and where they had been. The food was fabulous, there was always too much and we never felt hungry. The fact that not only do they encourage you to take food from breakfast for your lunch (a godsend when you are out skiing all day) but they give you bags to put it in and drinks and wafer biscuits - what more could you want. We returned again this year and everything was exactly the same as last time. The only reason we will not be going again next year is that we want to try a different skiing area. If our next hotel is as good as the Eidelweiss, we will be very pleased indeed.

Room Tip: There aren't many rooms so they are all about the same.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family