“Almost perfect”

Austria Trend Hotel Schloss Lebenberg
Ranked #4 of 48 Hotels in Kitzbuhel
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Have stayed in this hotel three times now. What can I say, it's pretty much perfect: the staff is helpful and friendly, the rooms are stylish and clean, the breakfast is abundant to say the least, and the rooftop swimming pool... ahh.
The only reason for not giving it five stars is my experience with the spa during our last stay. Basically there weren't a lot of appointments to choose from, when I settled for one that wasn't quite convenient because the manicurist would be unavalable at another time, she ended up being there while I was having another treatment. Also my manicure, while nicely done, lasted 30 minutes before smudging (probably because the nail polish she used was pretty old). Upon arriving at the spa to have it fixed I was told that "usually you wait for two hours". Seriously? I'm not supposed to do anything for two hours after a manicure? No apologies were given. I asked for the polish to be removed and left. The other treatment I had felt very rushed, which is not something you expect in a spa.
On one of the nights we had the three-course dinner in the restaurant, which was very nice. The dishes were exquisite and beautifully served. The staff was friendly, if a bit worn out. My only suggestion to the management would be not to put couples next to large parties with children - we would have preferred something more romantic. My husband was told that it's cheaper if you don't book your dinner in advance and book with the reception upon arrival, so we ended up paying a very moderate sum of money for a high-class dinner))
You have to pay for the garage, but there's a free parking lot, which we always use.
Overall, we really like this hotel, I will avoid the spa the next time though.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 June 2014

I stayed here on a skiing trip with my son in 2010 and always intended taking my wife here for our regular summer Austrian walking holiday. Our previous walking holidays (Lech, Alpbach) have been in small, family run hotels, generally full of fellow walkers and with many repeat guests. This hotel is quite different being far larger, and with superb leisure facilities by comparison.

I am pleased to say that despite several disappointing reviews over recent months, the hotel lived up to all our expectations and we enjoyed a fantastic two weeks. We found the staff to be extremely efficient and generally very courteous and friendly. The breakfast buffet is as good as anyone could wish for and we found the dinner menu exactly to our taste. The portions are (thankfully) not too large, as 4 or 5 courses of rich food would spoil it, but we couldn't fault the quality, or diverse menu over 14 days.

Our room was a junior suite, which we found to be perfect, room 217 is on the 4th floor, well away from the lift, and I think all the odd room numbers enjoy the fantastic elevated view over the town. Having enjoyed a winter stay here I knew that you can relax in the pool, or the brilliant glazed sauna while watching piste-bashers grooming the Kitzbuhlerhorne on one side of the town, and the Hammenkalm on the other. A real privilege.

We didn't use the shuttle bus - we were there to walk after all, but I don't recall it's frequency being a problem in February 2010. Perhaps a slight disappointment was that the Hammenkalm gondola doesn't open in May, or early June, but the hotel can't be blamed for that, and it is really pre-season for walkers.

All in all, we enjoyed one of our best summer holidays ever, and will hopefully return, we couldn't fault a thing !

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We stayed at the hotel for one night. We reserve a "room with a view"... I should have remember the movie "Room with a view" with Maggie Smith... It was exactly that! We got a very tiny room with a view on.. a wall of grass and a small terrace. Very miss leading... The parking is 10 minutes walk from the hotel. The service was impersonal. We found the building cold like this huge hotel in Las Vegas...

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2014

room are ok and Front office associates are nice. Value for money no as its not to compare with International 5 star Hotel but local 5 star. Associates from other countries are friendly in service at breakfast but local associates are better to learn how to smile and be friendly not arrogant.

not certain if they have management as I never have seen any.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank m r
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Stayed here about 5 days and... it was absolutely fantastic! The rooms were really nice and more importantly clean. If you have the opportunity to take a room with a panoramic view, then DO IT! It's a wonderful view (plus it's just really cool to have a panoramic view in general). The restaurant downstairs (which is, of course, included in the cost) is wonderful, there are some set menus and you can pick between some options, but believe me, it's all delicious! I can happily say the same goes for breakfast, which is a buffet and there's plenty to choose from, include a very good selection of cheeses. If you want the best experience for a hotel for a nice ski resort, this is the place you want to go. It's not cheap, but it's 100% worth it! "You get what you pay for" definitely applies here.

Room Tip: Go for a panoramic view room if you can. You get a great view, and the way the room is designed it...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Great and large mountain view rooms, large bathroom with radio.
Very good breakfast and dinner.

Ski shuttle is a plus it helps a lot and you can save money!

Room price is a little high. Also the restaurant is pricey! (5,6 euro a bottle of water)

Room Tip: Choose a mountain view room!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank CosminK
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We've just returned from a fantastic week in Kitzbuhel, having enjoyed a week of sunshine and blue skies while staying in this excellent hotel. My husband and I both walked and skied on alternate days, using the hotel's reliable shuttle bus to the lifts as required but it is only a 15 minute pleasant downhill walk into town. At the end of each day we relaxed in and around the fantastic 47m pool as we watched the sunset over Kitzbuhel and surrounding mountains. Stunning! The hotel staff we courteous, professional and friendly and we thoroughly enjoyed the evening meals as well as the extensive breakfast buffet. Our large Lebenberg room overlooked the town and mountains and was extremely well appointed. We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a first class hotel, located slightly out of town.

Room Tip: We stayed in a Lebenberg room on the front of the hotel (odd numbers I think) which overlooked the s...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple