“Superb”

Q! Hotel Maria Theresia
Ranked #19 of 48 Hotels in Kitzbuhel
Reviewed 13 January 2010

I have just spent one week at the Maria Theresia with my son and his family and we were all delightedwith every aspect of the hotel-great service from friendly staff,good food with interesting variety of menus and well appointed rooms. I look forward to my return.
Leslie Prater

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank OxonGeorge

Reviewed 1 January 2010

ugly not modern rooms
small bathrooms
lots of dust inside
elevators and hallway not clean
unfriendly reception personel
do not ask for taxi..they will overcharge you
no salad buffet for lunch or dinner
silly choice of food menu
high speed internet???? - no way....it is slow and you need to restart it every 5 minutes....
no internet in the room
only CNN and EURONEWS in English, the rest is in german language which i do not speak or understand
please avoid this hotel or choose something else

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 October 2009

A couple of friends and I decided to use this hotel as a suitable base for a mountain bike holiday. The first impressions we had were very good the staff were very polite, rooms good and the food was ok (apart from the small portions). This opinion unfortunately deteriorated into the holiday. I was sharing with a friend who snored and this meant me asking to be moved to a single room. Initially the receptionist said that there would be no charge. I was not convinced it would be free. The next day the price was 9 -18 euros. I thought even if the supplement was 18 euros, which is more expensive than I would like, it would still be worth moving to get a good nights sleep. I therefore accepted this price and arranged to have my baggage moved whilst I was out during the daytime. I was informed, after a further two days, that the room price was in fact 25 euros! This left me feeling that the hotel had mis-sold the room and I asked to speak to the manager. I never did get to speak to the manager. I don't know whether he didn't take the matter seriously or the message wasn't relayed to him. I checked out the hotel feeling very let down and aggrieved. It was the fact that they led me to believe that I was paying one price and they then changed their mind and increased it by 39%. After I returned home it was still on my mind. So I sent an email to the manager and made him aware of my issue with his hotel. The first email for whatever reason never seemed to get answered (allegedly didn't get delivered even though my pc said it had!) The answer which I got back was totally unsympathetic and offered me a dinner for 2. I don't think I'll ever be going back.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 June 2009

My husband and I have just returned from staying in this hotel, and had a wonderful time. The town and the hotel were quite quiet during the week, (as the main season for them is the winter season plus July, August and September) but this changed on Friday when people arrived for the weekend. We 1st stayed at the hotel 25 years ago, and decided to return this year. The staff was excellent, very friendly and very efficient. They went out of their way to assist us when we required information, and always welcomed us with smiles and greetings when we met them. The 4 course dinner was excellent, although there was not a choice of 1st and 2nd courses there was a choice of 3 dishes (including vegetarian) for the main course then 1 sweet. This however was not a problem. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lesley_B42
Reviewed 27 April 2009

We stayed at the Maria Theresia for four nights during the first week of April - we paid 200 Euro per night (including breakfast and dinner) plus an extra fee for three days of lift tickets.
Pros:
- Beautiful lobby - complete with fireplace, full bar, one flat screen tv and wireless internet (though it wasn't free)
- Fantastic location
- The man who built the hotel (now in is 80's it seems) is very sweet (though sadly senile) and adds an extra bit of charm to the hotel
- Cute outdoor cafe for drinks

Cons:
- VERY sub par service all around (especially the concierge -- one of them was rather rude) - though I appreciate the hands-off approach, this took it a bit too far
- Mediocre restaurant, breakfast was good but not great
- Room was VERY mediocre for the price -- had a cabin feel which was cute but...
- the shower was falling apart and did not work properly
- the bed was broken
- Both my boyfriend and I scheduled massages with the on site masseuse and though the price was fine (I think it was something like 35 Euro each for 30 minutes?), the masseuse gave a very mediocre massage that lasted less than 30 minutes to my boyfriend and a borderline inappropriate one to me....buyer beware on that one)

Overall I wouldn't recommend this hotel as I'm sure there are dozens that are far superior -- we won't be staying here again next time we return to Kitz.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2008

We stayed here in 2005 and are planning to return for our next ski holiday.

Great hotel, lovely comfortable and spacious room with balcony and stunning views over the mountains from the back of the hotel. Very handy location for the centre of town, with easy 10 minute walk to the cable car station.

We arrived straight from the ski-train at 08:30, and the hotel offered us a choice of 2 upgraded rooms as well as a free breakfast.

The sauna & steam room was very welcome every evening, and we could use all the facilities on the last evening before we took the train home despite checking out in the morning.

A super, friendly and comfortable hotel.

• Stayed: March 2005
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 27 August 2008

Hotel was booked as part of a Crystal Holidays package and was recommended to us by the agent as didn't charge extra for having our 2 boys stay in the same room.
The hotel seems very traditional with lots of old paintings and wood panelling in the rooms.
Our room was a good size with a double bed and 2 singles for the boys and a balcony.
The room came with TV, phone, hair dryer, but we missed an ironing board and coffee maker.
The hotel was half board but provided packed lunches for all 4 of us each day (doesn't that make it full board?)
Breakfast consisted of fresh fruit, yoghurt, cereal, pastries, lots of types of bread and a couple of hot items (eg bacon and scrambled eggs). Also good coffee and a selction of juices.
Dinner was 4 courses and a large salad - you choose what you want off the menu for the next night.
All the food was very good and the staff very welcoming.
The only downside was there were always flies in the restaurant, but nobody but us seemed bothered by them - must be a common problem as lots of shops seemed to sell fly swatters!
Reception was helpful with printing off train timetables.
Only 4 parking spaces for the whole hotel, but as had no car with us it wasn't a problem.
Most staff spoke good English - I did manage to confuse one when asking what type of soup it was, but later I found out it was salad dressing!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family