“Cosy & warm!”

Kitz Garni Boutique Hotel
Ranked #35 of 48 Hotels in Kitzbuhel
Reviewed 21 March 2013

This is a nice hotel in the outskirts of Kitzbuehel but still close enough to the ski resort. We have absolutely no complaints. The staff was very friendly and professional, the hotel was very cosy, well decorated and nicely warm. Our room was of good size, maybe the bathroom could have been slightly bigger. There are no tea making facilities in the room (which is quite normal in Austria/ Germany) but the do free tea & cake in the afternoons. There are also tea making facilities in the hotel spa.
The most outstanding thing was really the breakfast. We enjoyed the large variety of yoghurts, cheeses, eggs etc.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 August 2012

Despite having paid an extra 20 Euros for a Double Superior room we were extremely disappointed with the room we were given. Very 'pokie', tiny bathroom without a window and very old fashioned furniture. The red shag pile carpet was a relic from the 70's and the mattress was one of the hardest while the pillows were totally soft. The decor in this room could not be further away from what we imagined when reading ybout the 'boutique' hotel style online. We had our small dog with us and I wonder if that is why we got the worst room in the hotel, despite paying an extra 12 Euros for the dog. Surely if the hotel is not full, and you could see it was not, you would give the best rooms to your customers as every hotel hopes for returning customers.

On a more positive note the ground floor of the hotel is very nicely decorated in 'boutique 'style, beautiful fabrics and colour schemes have been used. The spa area is also pleasant and new, we had the entire area to ourselves which was nice. The breakfast was good. The reception lady was also very helpful, however on our arrival there was no mention of the 'tea, coffee and cake' that is supposedly available in the afternoon, nor did we see any sign of this.

It is unfortunate that we were given this room, had we had a better room my report of this hotel would have been much more positive. However there is a huge choice in Kitzbühel and we would not rebook at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank joyrumpff
Reviewed 27 March 2010

Away from town centre a nice hotel and quiet with a nice room which are clean and warm.
The food is fantastic, 5 course for dinner, and coffee and cakes available free of charge at 5pm tea.
The staff is so so! Hubert and Franz is fantastic but Maria and Mathilda was a worst experience.
We would definitely stay at the Tirolerhof again, we had a great holiday.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nelu C
Reviewed 22 February 2009

I have just returned from a week at the Tirolerhof. What a beautiful hotel. We arrived in the evening, to candles and tea lights lit throughout reception, the bar area and restaurant. It was very cosy and warm. However, we had not even checked in, when my 9 year old son was reprimanded for spinning the bar stools. This became a common thing - all children in the hotel were drawn to these spinning chairs, and would lightly spin them, and each time were curtly told off by the staff. It made us feel uncomfortable.

The best thing about this hotel was the food. Never have I stayed somewhere before which serves a 5 course meal. It was absolutely gorgeous with so much choice. We also had the pack lunch daily (just a sandwich, apple and drink) which was great. Make sure you order it at tea time though, as yet again, I was told off one evening for ordering it late.

I think the hotel is let down by some of its staff. Some were extremely polite and friendly, like Hubert and Franz, but Maria on the desk was abrupt and rude, the main owner was rude (attractive blonde lady), and the lady we called the 'Trunchball' (from Matilda) was the worst, frequently telling most people in the hotel off for doing something wrong! I tried to see the funny side of it, but my partner was very frustrated by it. I could list a dozen examples of when people were told off and barked at, and we felt like naughty school children.

There was an issue with the hot water on 3 nights of our stay which meant that if you had a bath any later than 5.30pm there was no hot water. This really wound me up, as I liked a bath at the end of a long day on the slopes.

It didn't bother us that the hotel was out of town. The bus service was fantastic (and free), and we were so tired on an evening, we were happy to have our meal, a couple of drinks and then head for bed.

The Spa area was also lovely.

Rooms were not huge, but spotless and more than adequate. Very warm.
I would recommend this hotel to people who perhaps haven’t got children as I don't think they liked children, or to people who will not be phased by their rude abrupt attitude. On checkout I tried to approach the fact that I had paid 85 Euros for a massage, to come back to my room and have a freezing cold shower, and that this was not acceptable. The owner looked at me and said that was not her problem and basically that if I didn't return to the hotel she didn't care. It didn't leave me feeling too happy...

But all in all - a beautiful cosy hotel, which had everything I could have hoped for. (apart from the staff!)

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank sjb12
Reviewed 17 February 2009

Just returned from a weeks stay. The hotel is perfect for those wishing to get away from it all after a long days skiing as it is away from the centre of Kitz so very quiet. Food of a very high standard. Room clean and very warm, too warm!! Bar and the spa both excellent. Nice touch if you get back before 5pm tea, coffee and cakes available all included in your deal. Would not recommend for anyone looking for a lively fun packed evening, especially not for teenagers , stay in town for the apres ski. Fantastic bus service right outside which takes you into town then links up with the ring bus. Perhaps would not stay there again, stayed at the Jagerwirt before, only because we like to be slightly nearer the town but other than that an excellent hotel. Only gripe is that we booked with Crystal and it took 4 hours to get to Kitz as they double up on passengers drop offs - beware!! may be better to pay for a private transfer.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank NottinghamCoolmum
Reviewed 16 February 2009

My partner and I booked this hotel for a skiing trip and were very pleased with our choice.
I had slight reservations about staying in a hotel which was out of the main skiing area and having to catch a bus every morning, it is about a 15 to 20 minute walk into Kitzbuhel. This, however, was no problem at all, the buses were frequent and on time.
The Hotel was very clean and comfortable and the food was fantastic.
We found the staff to be polite and helpful, especially Franz who was brilliant, so friendly.
Even the family dog, Diago, enjoyed welcoming the guests when he wasn't fast asleep on the rug!
The spa area was superb, just what was needed after a hard days skiing.
We would definitely stay at the Tirolerhof again, we had a great holiday.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank maisie3
Reviewed 15 January 2009

First the rant: when will service providers finally realise that you can have great food, great rooms, great facilities but it can be scuppered by the poor attitude of a couple of staff? The Tiroloff is a case in point.

I put my bar bill on our room and tried to settle it on the last day. It came to something 50 odd euros. I was told by the lady behind the desk that they didn't accept credit card payments for less than 70 euros. Ok, I should have read the small print but like most people on holiday I switch off and go into dumb mode. Am I really to expect to read all the small print? I put my credit card back in my bum bag ( this is the sort of situation where you can lose things like that)as I considered my options: walk a mile into town to the nearest ATM, get a cab, go back to room and talk to my partner. The lady behind the desk said "You still have to pay". To me that was a really ignorant comment to make. In an already embarrassing situation she compounded it with ridicule and belittlement. Why did she remind guests about settling bills and acceptable payments the nigth before either verbally or by a note to avoid situations like this?

Also one of her waitresses had a real attitude problem with some other guests; she positively barked at the couple on our neighbouring table when they asked her to repeat a question.

No still water was served at the table and was refused when when requested - only fizzy water - which was charged, natch.

On the plus points the other staff and the domestic staff were more than excellent. Franz in particular was always polite and solicitous. Two of the other younger staff were great as well. The guy who drove the courtesy bus was a really friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank westlondonguy