“Guided skiing not a lesson”

Skischule Kitzbuehel Rote Teufel
Ranked #4 of 22 things to do in Kitzbuhel
More attraction details
Owner description: 250 ski instructors, mountain and ski guides, snowboard and cross-country instructors, all trained according to the very latest guidelines, make safety and rapid success their top priority.Equipped with a unique ability to teach skiing and alternative winter sports, while at the same time having fun, motivating and inspiring our guests with enthusiasm for our beautiful Alpine world, these instructors have been our guarantee of success and quality for a long time.
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Guided skiing not a lesson”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

To start a days lesson we were asked to ski through 4 cones after which we were placed into groups. I was placed into the completely wrong group much like many other people. They would surely be better of just asking you your standard than this pointless exercise. Anyway, after changing groups to another group that was way below par I got to ski behind an instructor for the day. He pointed out one thing to me in the whole day. Don't waste your money, the instructors just can't be bothered. I would also expect an instructor to give up his seat on a cramped bus to a paying guest, not with this school. The instructors are friendly I'll give them that, but I wasn't paying out £50 for a chat I wanted to improve my skiing. In all honesty I think these lessons are geared up towards complete beginners. If this is not you, don't go.

2 Thank adam s

Brussels, Belgium
“By far the best ski school i ever saw”
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

It was a nice surprise seeing such a good team! I was almost everywear skiing but such a nice team i never saw! My boy it's not a easy one and he really enjoy it! And Joe , my son's teacher was friendly and responsable and i am sure that without him wasn't the same! I can't find a single word to say something bad! I was really pleased! If i will come back it's because of this team!Thank you guys!!! Lucas

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Diabolical ”
Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

We had a one day lesson with this ski school. We have both been on numerous skiing holidays before and just wanted a day to give us some pointers to help us improve. After skiing through 3 cones on a nursery slope we got placed into groups. Both of us ended up going up 2 classes as we had been misplaced in the correct group at the beginning. This seemed to be happening to other people too. That along with changing mountains so we could ski at the Kitzbuhel Horn meant we met at 09:40 and started skiing on our 1st run at almost 11:30!

Once finally in the right group by this time somewhere around 12:30 we skied several runs just following our instructors tracks.

Finally he asked us all to ski down a small part of a run and he would assess us. He gave us all advice and then we continued on for the rest of the day following his tracks.

For over £50 each we both basically had a days guided skiing with 1 tiny piece of instruction!

Very poor service from the Red Devils indeed. There are other ski schools available in town which I would recommend trying. We only went with the Red Devils as they seemed to be the biggest school and were recommended by our holiday rep.

1 Thank 46countriestodate
Darlington, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“great ski school”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We used this ski school for our 8 and 10 year olds who had done one week of skiing before.They have a half hour of assessment on the nursery slope before the first lesson which removes the worry of not knowing which level of lessons to book. We found the instructors friendly and professional and both children progressed well. The ski school offer a service where they will feed and look after the children over lunch for 9 euros which we felt was very reasonable. They organise races on the last day with medals being awarded later in the day. They also organise races one evening which our children loved.
Overall we were very pleased with this ski school. We really felt the instructors cared and would not hesitate to use them again.

Cwmbran, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Compassionate”
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

After a bad few days of beginners lessons & not getting anywhere, I saw the Supervisor & explained my total dismay at not being able to even balance in the snow. She was very supportive, as I explained that in our group of four, none of us had learnt anything in 3 days & felt really useless. To my surprise she told me she would change our instructor for the next 3 days. Robert you were patient & without your help none of us would have ever skied again. We are all determined to come back next year so that we can improve on what we have learnt. Thank you Jackie & Robert from the Skischule for believing in us.

1 Thank Nannu1961