“Alpine adventure”

Bergbahn Kitzbuhel
Ranked #2 of 43 things to do in Kitzbuhel
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Stairs / lift, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We used the Hornbahn to get up to the top (first a large cabin and then a gondola for four). After that we walked through the Alpine garden which was lovely. Then we also walked the 2,5 km Karstweg for some great views of the landscape and down towards Kitzbuhel. A very rewarding day.

1  Thank Ugurd
"summer card"
"advanced skiers"
"alpine garden"

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We got a 3 day day flexible lift pass for the Kitzbuhel area we found these very good any 3days out of seven you can go up and down any lifts working in the area as many times as you like even on a rainy day we just went up the mountain to one of the many restaurants and had apple strudel. the cost for the 3 day pass was £38 pounds each.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

It was 36 C in the valley when I went up the mountain. This was well worth the journey. I really enjoyed sitting at the top of the mountain - at the hut at the top station. I would only say, however, that the food at the top station is extremely expensive! If possible, take your packed lunch.
I went to the middle station after lunch and wished I had done that earlier. There were sun loungers and a wonderful vista. They even gave me a free glass of milk. I would recommend the Hornbahn on a hot day every time!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

not the best lift system but fine - beats whistler any day.

cost a kings ransom on a no-ski day at weeks-end when we ascended once half way to get to a patch of snow so we could build a snowman (only manufac snow top half). at 39euro for 1 ad/1 kid it was an expensive snowman but had to be done. i recommend fitting the snowman in on a ski day and not making it a day-off activity...

1  Thank leslie r