SnowBunnys BackPackers Hostel
Schwarzer Adler(Kitzbuhel)
US$224
Q! Hotel Maria Theresia(Kitzbuhel)(Great Value!)
US$139
Hotel Gamshof(Kitzbuhel)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$154
  • Bar/Lounge
Q! Resort Health & Spa Kitzbuehel(Kitzbuhel)(Great Value!)
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 January 2013

I never write reviews much unless the place is bad.

But on this occasion I think I need to say that I have stayed at SnowBunnys many times, I found the hostel to be clean and tidy place, the staff were friendly and always willing to help.

Dave the owner was a great guy and is honest as the day is long.

Would I stay here again yes and I have recommended it to many friends who in turn have done the same.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Woodmeister61
Reviewed 8 January 2013

On arrival we were greeted by a female member of staff. She was almost incoherent and clearly on drugs. She also smelt very badly.

Entry to the hostel is via the basement, which smelt very strongly of damp and rotting material, as well as a bad mixture of Febreze. We were then shown the kitchen and in it the fridge from which we were allowed to help ourselves to breakfast. Breakfast consisted of eggs and slices of rather rancid looking spam. This was never going to be an option, due to the smell emanating from the kitchen and the fridge itself. Numerous cats also loitered in the kitchen and throughout the hostel, I can only imagine to keep rodents at bay.

One thing that had obviously not been kept at bay were the amount of Bed-Bugs "Bettenwazen". I found three traps in my bed and a fourth containing a few specimens. As well of these; about 20cm from my pillow down the side of the bed, was a large deposit of white powder, I can only guess that this was insecticide. Either way it didn't encourage a great nights' sleep.

in addition to these "MINOR" issues... My sunglasses were stolen from my bag. No, they weren't left in view, nor out on my bed but hidden in my bag, simply taken.

When I first looked into booking this hostel I thought; well the reviews look good, most being between 3-5*. I have no idea how, as this has easily been the worst hostel I have ever stayed in, taking into account 1 year of travelling and 21 countries visited. I thought, well the location is good, as it's near to the centre of town and lifts, it's cheap and doesn't look all that bad from the pictures....

In reality it is a far cry from being anything but DREADFULLY AWFUL. Avoid it at all costs.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
8  Thank guido430
Reviewed 5 January 2013

Snowbunnys certainly wasn't the cheapest hostel I'd ever stayed in, but Kitzbuhel over New Year was never going to be a bargain option. The wife, three kids and I stayed three nights here, while we did a bit of skiing, and really enjoyed it. Dave, the owner, is a very helpful character; he put himself out to re-jig the few beds he had left, in order to accommodate us, after we had spent the previous night sleeping in the car. He also came and collected us and our gear after a day's skiing, to save us having to lug our gear back to the hostel. Dave is exceptionally down-to-earth, and the kids found him very entertaining. Breakfast supplies (you make it yourself) are included in the cost. Staying here also gets you a 10% discount on ski-hire at one of Kitzbuhel's ski-hire places; you can store your ski gear at the hostel as well. Dave laid on a free barbecue on New Year's Eve, as well as a few fireworks. That saved us a few euros on dinner. All in all, a great, no-frills-but-all-you-need hostel.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank BigTBrunei
Reviewed 10 March 2012

Good stay, free wifi, comfortable beds, friendly owners. The only thing I'd say is to bring ear plugs, I hadn't stayed in a hostel in a while and forgot that you can end up with some really loud snorers, so I didn't get a great night of sleep.
I'd also ask the owners to reconsider recommending to guests to rent their ski gear in Element 3. Twice I rented in Element 3, and twice I had a bad experience with one member of staff there, an extremely arrogant person (but that's for a separate review). There are plenty of other locations to rent your ski gear closer to the main cable car lift.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank mnmio15
Reviewed 5 March 2012

the hostel was great, had a lot of fun with the guys and girls over there and the owner is a great guy. the beds were confortable and breakfast is good. i'm sorry for the bad english but i am extually dutch but i want the owner to understand this post, also i want to say that it was nice that i could keep my fallafel whith me all the time ;)

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends