“Good food and value, regrettably let down by poor service.”
Review of Zum Kornmesser

Zum Kornmesser
Ranked #3 of 107 Restaurants in Bregenz
Cuisines: German
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 October 2013

This is a good restaurant (we were upstairs as the nicer dining room downstairs was fully booked) with high quality food and reasonable prices, especially given the size of the portions. Unfortunately, the service wasn't so good, which became progressively worse as the evening progressed - so much so, I wasn't asked if I wanted a drink when my glass was empty and my wife had to get her own menu for desert after waiting for over twenty minutes trying to get the attention of the waiter, which was impossible. Maybe this was a one off, however, it spoilt what would have otherwise been a great meal.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

We ate outside on the lower patio. Ours service was excellent. The goat cheese salad was terrific and my lake perch was delicious.My wife is a schnitzel authority and said this was the best of our trip. Dessert was hot strudel MIT schlag. The wines ver fine and reasonable. Prices are mod- high.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

I happened upon this restaurant quite by accident on my first evening in Bregenz. It looked allright from the outside so I ventured in and ordered, not expecting anything out of the ordinary. The meal was superb. I can't say any more about it except for the duration of my stay, I had dinner at this establishment every day.

1  Thank 1relax
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Chanced upon this restaurant as it was close to the hotel we were staying: great Austrian menu, executed with perfection, with a fine selection of wines to boot. Semi- formal setting with a cosy ambiance in their downstairs section of the restaurant. We were able to use their English menu which made choosing easy. We returned for a second helping a few nights later.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

My wife and me choose these restaurant reading tripadvisor. We ate Wiener kalb schnitzel and some salad ( kalb in the tuna sauce ) and it was both excellent. Portions are big so you can try with small ones. Best recommendations!