“OK - very busy”

Ranked #2,447 of 4,151 Restaurants in Vienna
Price range: US$9 - US$34
Cuisines: Mexican, Central American, Pub, South American
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: Leopoldstadt
Description: Viva Mexico! more eating, more drinking, more music, more celebration - simply more of all good things in life! simply typical Mexican!
Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
“OK - very busy”
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Pancho is a Mexican restaurant - it's OK but very busy - which tells you a lot. It's full of people, noisy and lively, food wasn't bad but nor brilliant either. Worth going to for he experience.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank PaulK2011

• Hungarian first
Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
“Good food and atmosphere”
Reviewed 25 March 2013

A group of 5 of us visited on an early Saturday evening, we hadn't booked but they fitted us in although made it clear that they needed the table at 21:00. This wasn't a problem to us.
From what I saw it's a very large restaurant and it was very busy even at a relatively early (for Vienna) time.
Our waiter was excellent, very friendly and honest. I say this as I mistook a €20 euro note for a €5 euro one and he pointed this out when I tried to give him a very large tip!
We found the food was great, it was obviously freshly cooked. My husband and I had chicken fajitas, we got 3 tortillas each and I couldn't eat all of mine even though it tasted great. I must admit the nachos we started with had filled me up a bit.
It wasn't expensive compared with UK prices and the waiter was able to easily split the bill so everyone paid their fair share.
Ok, I know that when you travel to Vienna you should try and eat Austrian food but sometimes you want something more familiar & which isn't a sausage!
We stayed at the Hotel Imlauer so this restaurant was very handy, less than 5 minutes walk away. I would be very happy to go back again.

• Visited March 2013
“One of my favorite restaurants in Vienna”
Reviewed 23 August 2012

I really like Pancho's. It's really good food and a international and very relaxed atmosphere. I totally can NOT understand the last reviews. It's true that the Nachos at Pancho's are a little more "expensive" then somewhere else - but they are "real" Nachos - just their in the kitchen fried tortillas - not "cold, old, dry, industrial" like nearly everywhere else ...
And that people have to move inside at 11pm is denfinitly not Pancho's fault - I hate this stupid rules as well - but they are made by the City and there are high fines if the restaurants don't follow this rules. There are just a few exceptions for locations where no flats are around. So I definitly can recommend Pancho's! For just a beer, a nice cocktail-evening, drinking one of their tequlias (they have a really long tequila-menu) or for having a great dinner - even late ... because Pancho is one of the few places where you can get good food for a moderate price in a nice atmosphere in Vienna after 11pm ...

Las Palmas, Canarias, Spain
“Avoid them”
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Agree 100% with the previous review. the nachos are insultantly small and the service, oh my god, terrible. the waiter seems to be not happy with his job... but thats his problem, not mine! Rude, tried to obligate us to get into the local when the clock marked 11pm, and showed signs of disconformity when I said to him that I would pay w/credit card. It was in the Pancho near Taborstrasse, I dont know if there are other restaurants of these people in other zones of Wien.

• Visited August 2012
4 Thank Bernardo S
London
“Characterless place with bland food”
Reviewed 15 January 2012

The portions are tiny and very expensive!! 7 euros for the large nachos which was barely enough for one person. We were served both the starter and the main course within 10 minutes. The main course had definitely just been microwaved and was so bland. Then when we asked for the bill we were left waiting for 20 minutes. The whole place itself has no character.

• Visited January 2012