“Best Mexican so far in Vienna”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Pancho

Pancho
Ranked #2,301 of 4,104 Restaurants in Vienna
Price range: US$9 - US$32
Cuisines: Mexican, Central American, Pub, South American
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: Leopoldstadt
Description: Viva Mexico! more eating, more drinking, more music, more celebration - simply more of all good things in life! simply typical Mexican!
Vienna, Austria
“Best Mexican so far in Vienna”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

We have tried a few "Mexican" restaurants in Vienna and so far this one is our favorite. We went at the suggestion of friends and just happened to dine there on 1 November "El Dia de Los Muertos" which was a nice coincidence.

We liked the margaritas, although at 8 euros are a bit expensive. Our second round, thankfully, came in slightly larger glasses! Chips are also good but, as others have pointed out, kind of a rip off at 4 euros for a one person portion with small dip. This is the norm in Vienna, however, and not exclusive to Pancho, unfortunately. That said, both the guacamole and pico were pretty good.

Our kids liked the "tacos" which were really what we would consider "taquitos" in the US but presentation was nice and they were tasty. I had chicken tostadas which were improved by the addition of pico de gallo (extra charge, of course). My husband had a burrito - not super authentic, the Austrians haven't learned to roll it up properly, it always looks like a giant enchilada on a plate - but said it tasted good nevertheless.

Also liked the location, right next to Taborstrasse Ubahn and service which was friendly and accommodating, not to mention English speaking. The place was busy and lively but not too noisy that we couldn't converse. Atmosphere was pleasant and family friendly. We will return.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank LivingInWien

• Hungarian first
Cascais, Portugal
“Really! A Decent Mexican Restaurant in Austria”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2013

Menu was filled with references to regional Mexican dishes. We were not too adventurous with our ordering and stuck with tried and true, burritos, fajitas, and salads. We asked for 'not spicy' and were served with fresh fare, good tortillas, etc which would have passed north of the border. (Little more seasoning and cilantro would have been welcomed.)

Service was prompt and efficient but could have been more friendly.

Restaurant Pancho seems to be popular with the after-work drink crowd but we went only for the food. And we were very happy to have discovered Pancho. It is a nice change from traditional Austria cuisine.

Good value too. Four of us got out of their for 40 euro total...

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Gieg
Doha, Qatar
“Ok experience, food was tasty but not necessarily authentic, service somewhat inconsistent. Overall worth a one time visit”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2013 via mobile

I was staying at the Hotel Nestroy so the restaurant was less than a 5 minute walk. I went twice for dinner.
The first time I had the meat fajitas. It came with three tortillas and the usual sides. The meat was pan grilled so the taste was not too authentic, but good non-the-less. The waiter was very good and polite.
The second visit was not as good, solely because of the waiter. I had the chicken enchiladas which were very good but came with no sides. The waiter had a bad attitude, not just with me, and seemed to not have things under control. It took over 20 minutes to get a receipt with three reminders. In the end I got it after I complained to another waiter. They seemed to get into an argument right in front of everyone.
My experience and rating would have been more positive if not for that waiter.

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank Hamooty
Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
“OK - very busy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2013

Pancho is a Mexican restaurant - it's OK but very busy - which tells you a lot. It's full of people, noisy and lively, food wasn't bad but nor brilliant either. Worth going to for he experience.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank PaulK2011
Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
“Good food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

A group of 5 of us visited on an early Saturday evening, we hadn't booked but they fitted us in although made it clear that they needed the table at 21:00. This wasn't a problem to us.
From what I saw it's a very large restaurant and it was very busy even at a relatively early (for Vienna) time.
Our waiter was excellent, very friendly and honest. I say this as I mistook a €20 euro note for a €5 euro one and he pointed this out when I tried to give him a very large tip!
We found the food was great, it was obviously freshly cooked. My husband and I had chicken fajitas, we got 3 tortillas each and I couldn't eat all of mine even though it tasted great. I must admit the nachos we started with had filled me up a bit.
It wasn't expensive compared with UK prices and the waiter was able to easily split the bill so everyone paid their fair share.
Ok, I know that when you travel to Vienna you should try and eat Austrian food but sometimes you want something more familiar & which isn't a sausage!
We stayed at the Hotel Imlauer so this restaurant was very handy, less than 5 minutes walk away. I would be very happy to go back again.

• Visited March 2013