“Nice mexican food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Leopoldstadt
Description: Viva Mexico! more eating, more drinking, more music, more celebration - simply more of all good things in life! simply typical Mexican!
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Nice food and drink. Nachos were tasteful. Margarita was perfect. My burrito was good but tasted more as a pancake.

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Tasty food. I am not Mexican and so can not judge to the authenticity but it tasted really good.
Friendly waiter.
Trendy interior made for a young audience.
Overall: I'll be back.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

want to destroy yourself with tequila and crushed ice - they know how to serve you.
i bet the cousine is not authentic, but the athmosphere is all right.
we ran out of milk at home and the sold us one bag (coffee next day!) , what i consider excellent service out of average range.

a more fun way dining mexican i consider is estancia santa cruz in the "prater" maybe more suitable for family and if you need parking space.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

"Pancho" . As with so many ethnic restaurants that are out of their culture, Pancho exhibits the same flaws with the execution and seasoning of food that is best enjoyed locally. Although the claim is "authentic" it doesn't really ring true. The food "looks" Mexican but the food did not taste Mexican or "authentic" at all. Perhaps, the "locals" enjoy the food but then what is their knowledge of authentic Mexican cuisine. I " started with the Tortilla Soup, one of my favorite soups from Mexico. The broth was heavily infused with ancho chilies (no-no!), broken tortilla chips (a good way to use up the "not-so-perfect" chips, and some kind of cheese (it may have been feta) floating on top. There was no shredded chicken. There was nothing "authentic" about this soup at all. Next up, was Chicken Enchiladas. I used to think that it was only in America where you would find the idea the "when in doubt throw some cheese on it." My arteries just hardened up at the sight of them and I had to hunt for the chicken inside. After two bites I decided that this was not the best choice I could have made, and perhaps should have gone with the fajitas (which, by the way are NOT Mexican but Tex-Mex-so much for authenticity!)
But the fault doesn't necessarily fall on Pancho, I have found this to be true in many of the foreign cities I've traveled to. If you need to satisfy a craving for Mexican food then you could probably do worse than Pancho (or not.)

1  Thank Adventurer707
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We have tried a few "Mexican" restaurants in Vienna and so far this one is our favorite. We went at the suggestion of friends and just happened to dine there on 1 November "El Dia de Los Muertos" which was a nice coincidence.

We liked the margaritas, although at 8 euros are a bit expensive. Our second round, thankfully, came in slightly larger glasses! Chips are also good but, as others have pointed out, kind of a rip off at 4 euros for a one person portion with small dip. This is the norm in Vienna, however, and not exclusive to Pancho, unfortunately. That said, both the guacamole and pico were pretty good.

Our kids liked the "tacos" which were really what we would consider "taquitos" in the US but presentation was nice and they were tasty. I had chicken tostadas which were improved by the addition of pico de gallo (extra charge, of course). My husband had a burrito - not super authentic, the Austrians haven't learned to roll it up properly, it always looks like a giant enchilada on a plate - but said it tasted good nevertheless.

Also liked the location, right next to Taborstrasse Ubahn and service which was friendly and accommodating, not to mention English speaking. The place was busy and lively but not too noisy that we couldn't converse. Atmosphere was pleasant and family friendly. We will return.

1  Thank LivingInWien