“A great place for breakfast or a snack”
Review of Coffee Day

Coffee Day
Ranked #129 of 166 Coffee & Tea in Vienna
Cuisines: Cafe
Neighbourhood: Inner City
Neighbourhood: Inner City
Reviewed 12 December 2012

This was a great place for a reasonably priced breakfast or a light snack at lunchtime. Very close to the Opera.

Reviewed 30 November 2012 via mobile

Modern «normal» coffee shop, nothing special indeed but cheap and good coffee in a central location. The free wifi for 45 min is a plus

1  Thank filabu
Reviewed 15 September 2012 via mobile

Food and coffee didn't impress, terrible service. Atmosphere very average. Don't take chicken soup - tastes very chemical like

1  Thank Akkakneb
Reviewed 13 February 2012

It was new cafe and has free spot so we can bring our pc and enjoy good coffee. The cappuccino was very good. They have small meals and remember many kind of coffee, mocca, frappes. You can enjoy to choose There was smoking seats at separate room and good sofa seats. We can see the street. It was snowing out side...I think I'll go there often.

1  Thank japanwing
Reviewed 26 August 2011

Cafe Coffee Day is a chain of cafes in India, with almost 2000 cafes all across the country. It is the reason why coffee culture thrives in India. I have been a regular visitor to Cafe Coffee Day (or CCD as we call it there) back home, with atleast a visit once a week to the nearest cafe in whichever city i might be.

Stumbling upon the same coffee day in Vienna, I could not resist entering the place. Curious to know if my favorite cafe gives me the same comfort. the first few things to notice were:
1. Pieces of furniture are styled the same way as they are in India
2. The menu is in both english and German
3. Many menu items are the same as offered in India with additional offerings relevant to Europe
4. Free wifi
5. Similar ambience

So far so good, but, I ordered a Cranberry iced tea, and it came much later than it should in any other cafe. Worse, the iced tea had lemon seeds floating on top, and much to my disappointment it was very sour and had no flavor of tea in it. It was a sour concoction made of cranberry juice, water and lemon. I also noticed that for a cafe this big, they had only two individuals managing the show, and they did have their hands full. I did not complain(because i saw these guys so overworked?), just promptly paid and left.

I was thoroughly disappointed, and this is where any desire to order further were over.
In terms of price, the menu items seem fair, at par with most cafes in the area.

1  Thank iankur