“A friendly, tasty, Italian change of pace...”
Review of Trimelli

Trimelli
Ranked #2,194 of 4,414 Restaurants in Vienna
Price range: US$23 - US$31
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Landstraße
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Trimelli is located just across the Landstrasser Haupstrasse from the Mercure Biedermeier, where my wife and I recently had an eight-night stay. We found it handy and accommodating, and in the end had two lunches and a dinner there, all while sitting outdoors under the trees. During the hot weather Vienna was experiencing at the time, that sort of setting was most welcome.

The menu is straightforward Italian, offering pastas and *really* good pizzas at better-than-fair prices.Service was quite good, and we were able to get our orders across with a mix of broken German and even more erratic Italian (the fellow who had our table most of the time spoke English just about as well as we do, in fact, but he was very patient with us!). Best of all, in my view, was one of Austria's gifts to humanity -- Sekt vom Fass, or sparkling wine on tap. By the quarter- or half-liter it kept on flowing, and made our visits memorable indeed.

Like most Vienna restaurants, you'll find smokers here, and like most Trimelli does not accept American Express (note to AMEX: try lowering your fees a little and you'd do a lot more business in Austria). But both of those situations can be easily adapted to. Trimelli is a real asset in its neighborhood, as the large numbers of cheerful patrons we saw there reflected, and it added a great deal to our stay in Landstrasse.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

This restaurant was recommended by the hotel we were staying in as being local and good value and it certainly lived up to that recommendation. The food was well presented and cooked and I would not hesitate to eat there again if back in Vienna

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Since years I always come back and what ever I choose from the menu was tasty, nice arranged, great..... Special wishes are also fullfilled if possible. The service is quick and friendly, any question is answered. The only thing I don´t like is that the tables are very close to each other so that privacy got lost.

Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

The service is good the food is hit & miss ! I have had some great food here over the years but in the last 12 months it has become a lottery wether you have a good meal or a really bad meal !

Reviewed 26 October 2013

Based on previous Reviews, and being in Vienna for 7 days, we tried this restaurant on our first evening - indeed, and not being sure about busy restaurants might be (our first visit to Vienna), we even telephoned a couple of days before to make a reservation.

We both had minestrone soup - OK, but perhaps a bit too much Maggi Wuerze - followed by lemon chicken escalope for my wife and saltimbocca for myself. The chicken itself was literally without taste and the quality of the veal was disgusting, even though both Vienna and Italy are famous for their veal.

We cannot speak for their pizza or pasta - perhaps they are better - but, if ever in Vienna again, we certainly shall not return and we ate elsewhere for our remaining 6 evenings. The whole meal for two, with a drink and a coffee each, was not worth EUR 49-50

1  Thank Europhilecouple