“I would not recommend it to anyone”

Parco di Schonbrunn OG
Ranked #334 of 360 Hotels in Vienna
Los Angeles, California
“I would not recommend it to anyone”
Reviewed 10 October 2011

I stayed in Vienna several times. This was the worst hotel I stayed in. Service was terribe. No elevators, not airconditioning. Breakfast was the worst in any hotel I stayed in. Please don't waist your money and spoil you vacation.

Room Tip: Don't believe the pictures. Call them and findout everything before you book the hotel.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
5 Thank hhartunian

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Arabic first
California, USA
Reviewed 21 May 2011

Overall this hotel was a great value for the price. Staff was warm and welcoming, and upgraded our room at no extra charge, to have more space as we were traveling with our 1 yr old infant. Breakfast was good, rooms were clean, and the overall ambience was great. There is free wifi and even a computer for free use in the lobby. If you are making a pit stop in Vienna and need a place for the night, it is THE best place near Medling, for sure. Close to the metro which can take you to the center of Vienna (the touristy part of the city). Definitely recommend, a wonderful value overall!

Room Tip: Ask nicely!
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
KERATSINI, HELLAS
Reviewed 9 March 2011

I am very satisfied for my choise to stay in Casa d'Oro Luciani. I felt that i was in my home and not that i was in a hotel. The reception was EXCELLENT! Helped me a lot to find anything i would like to do in Vienna! If i travel again to Austria its sure that i will try to stay there. If they dont have room i will check for somewhere else. For sure Luciani is a very good choise for pleasant stay in Vienna.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
Portugal
Reviewed 29 September 2009

Hotel with very big rooms and new. The recption was excellent. The breakfast was also very good. The hotel did not have lift. It is in a quite residencial zone and it is 10 min by foot to the undreground and to the castle.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
Essex
Reviewed 20 September 2009

Back in July 2009 I booked a double room through Venere.com at the Casa D'oro Luciani for 3 nights everything was confirmed. Even before I left on my holiday I had received no notification from this establishment that my reservation may be in doubt. Imagine my surprise when I arrive to find out that they had "overbooked" and that they had no room available for us, or was it something to do with the electrics being faulty in the room they allocated us. The story seemed to alternate between these two reasons why they couldn't honour their reservation. The person I dealt with was very obsequious and made it appear as if he was deeply regretful about inconveniencing us, however, with the way the story kept on changing I very much doubted their sincerity. They somehow managed to find us another room in a Pension nearby which they took us over to, however even though this place was lovely and actually much more conveniently placed than the Casa D'oro Luciani they didn't take credit cards which meant that I had to pay for the accommodation out of the holiday money leaving us very little with which to see the sights of Vienna. All in all my introduction to Vienna by way of arriving at the Casa D'oro Luciani left my husband and I with a very negative feeling about Vienna and we didn't end up enjoying our stay as much as I was expecting to. Very disappointed indeed.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank GMancini

Travellers are raving about these Vienna hotels

Vila Real, Portugal
Reviewed 1 December 2008

Hello!
I am from Portugal and I have been practically living in Hotel Luciani for 1 month, because I was a volunteer in the Euro 2008.
Well I only have bad things to say about the hotel and the owner. First, it was promised to our organization in Austria, normal bedrooms and then after we arrive in the hotel we saw that our bedrooms were in some annexes and also in the pizzaria bar!!!! Yeees she just closed the Pizzaria Bar to the public, and put 4 volunteers sleeping in there, without a shower.
She was extremely rude to everyone, even in front of the clients (they were not many by the way) . I have to say that only the cleaning ladies were the nice persons.
I just want to say that i lived in Vienna for one month and a half, i worked in a youth center there, I met greaat people with an positive and beautiful hospitality, and NO WAY this hotel and its owner represents the hospitality in Vienna!! This is my opinion...

• Liked — Only the pizzas
  • Disliked — I hated everything
  • Stayed June 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Kailler
Park City, UT
Reviewed 25 June 2008

First of all, I booked this room 6 months in advance @ 195 euros per night and was relieved to actually find someplace given the Euro 2008 taking place in Vienna at the same time. The city was completely sold out even that far in advance. We had a confirmed reservation for a 3 bedroom 2 bath suite and were very much looking forward to having 2 baths since our family of 4 had been traveling together for several weeks in much less spacious accomodations. Prior to arriving in Vienna a German friend decided to join us for the weekend there and since we had lots of space, we were thrilled that she could.

You can imagine our dismay when we were told that since we were only a party of 4, the hotel had made the decision that we did not NEED that much space and therefore, they had given our suite to a party of 8. Keep in mind that this information was not volunteered immediately in English or German (even though our friend is German). After we were shown the room (and we lugged our luggage up 4 flights), I came back to the office and said where is the 2nd bath and the living room. That's when they told me what they had done. No reduction in price was offerred until I insisted that the room was much less than we had booked. They countered that the 5th person offset the difference in price. Finally they offered a small discount and when presented the bill, they had discounted it a further 15 Euros (we paid 160 Euros per night).

I think that they must have just finished our room (if you can call it finished). There were 2 rooms with no furniture (just a couple of small ottomans - it was quite hilarious, the 5 of us perched on 2 ottmans trying to watch the soccer match and have a glass of wine). We really missed the 2nd bath. My husband described the beds as just off the truck from Ikea but they forgot the mattresses (perhaps they had been moved to another room to accomodate even more guest). For our German friend, we drug one of the extra twin beds into what I suppose will be a dining room. One window did not have the blinds hung yet. The only fixture/item in the kitchen was a small refrigerator that froze all the contents and a wine chiller (very nice) - but not coffee pot, sink, etc.

It was incredibly hot and no fans were provided. We slept with the windows and blinds open trying to let in some breeze. Soccer fans could be heard celebrating most of the ENTIRE night. We hardly slept at all.

In fairness, the hotel is very clean and feels quite new. The breakfast was nice. They have a lovely patio/bar but the restaurant was closed for the weekend. The family that runs it seems very nice. Are they just having start-up issues?

If the rooms had not been so hot, the fans had not been so noisy, and we had gotten our reserved room, our review would be much better.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank planning_queen