“We'd give this a 6 if we could!”
Review of Finkh

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mariahilf
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“We'd give this a 6 if we could!”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

My husband and I found this place, not far from our hotel on a main shopping street, and were very impressed. The interior isn't fancy; it appears to be an old motor shop or something pretty basic, but painted black and updated with lighting. Total seating may accomodate about 30 people, and I don't think it would be too easy to seat a group of larger than 4. I had the weiner schnitzel and my husband had the stuff chicken - both were absolutely divine. Dinner was so wonderful, we decided to also get dessert. I had the chocolate, which is made to order, and my husband had the apple tarte. Both desserts were fantastic, but I thought the chocolate lava cake was exceptional (I hadn't expected the gooey center!). Finkh is definitely worth going to for the food, the service, and the value. The waiter was very attentive, even though there was only one for the whole place. We never had to wait long for anything. The total cost for our meal, which also included a few drinks, was just over 50 euro. This was a fantastic bargain compared to the other meals we'd eaten in Vienna. Definitely worth a visit.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Katie1211

Umea, Sweden
“Traditional Austrian food”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

This is a good place in case you want to taste traditional Austrian food like,
wienersnitzel, tafelspitz or gullach. However, this is not the place if
you want a stylish environment. The interior is fairly simple, but the food
itself is good.

I had the tafelspitz (meat stew) which was good, but not excellent. For
dessert, I had a dark chocolate gateau (which turned out to be a warm
chocolate cake), which I enjoyed. The mains cost from 10 to 16 euros and my
dessert cost 7.80. My son had filled chicken breasts, which were excellent
and my wife a salad.

Visited July 2013
Bad Saulgau, Germany
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious!”
Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

I came here with my partner on a summer evening. The staff were friendly enough and we enjoyed the atmosphere at our outdoor table. I ordered a beef goulash with bread pudding and my partner had the schnitzel. Both meals were delicious but the goulash was a fav. Generously sized meals and reasonably priced. We had chocloate pudding with berries and icecream to share which was heavenly!! The staff spoke good english and there were menus available in english too. Highly recommend Finkh!

London
“Wonderful local resto in bohemian Vienna”
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We discovered Finkh accidentally and the positive first impression was confirmed by locals living nearby - always a good sign, So, one balmy evening, we sat outside and had dinner. Interior is simple but well designed by a smart architect but that particular night was so nice we had to stay outside. Menu contains a small set of core dishes complemented by a weekly menu. Prices are reasonable and the house beer/wine outstanding. We did notice half the clients had the Wiener Schnitzel so we just had to have one as well together with a grilled pork chop with couscous, sliced cucumber with dill salad and a very creative soy with chili sauce. Service was friendly and chilled and crowd a mixture of hip locals and entrepresing locals. Highly recommended.

• Visited July 2013
Ontario
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Do not let the plain decor deter you from trying this restaurant - the food is wonderful. I had the Bread Dumplings with Sheep Milk Cheese on a bed of sauteed spinach and mushrooms and Apple Strudel for dessert and my husband had the Sea Bass with roasted fennel and potatoes and the molten chocolate cake for dessert. All of our choices were excellent in flavour, preparation and presentation. The service was courteous and friendly. HIghly recommended.

• Visited May 2013