“Excellent experience overall!”

Ranked #133 of 4,341 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Inner City
Description: Additional space for private partys and events for up to 50 persons.Air-conditioned restaurant.
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We were really lucky to find this place! Our last day in Vienna was a bank holiday, and the majority of restaurants were closed. Indien Village was within walking distance from our hotel. We had the palak paneer, a lamb curry dish, rice, garlic naan, and raita. We finished with the mango kulfi. It was so good that the two of us ate every bite! Food and drinks were reasonably priced compared with other restaurants in the area. We thought it was a great value.

Another part of our visit that we really enjoyed was talking with one of the owners. (Mona, I believe, though I may be spelling that wrong!) She was so kind and welcoming, and she spent quite a bit of time talking with us. We were very impressed with everything and would not hesitate to visit this restaurant again should we find ourselves in Vienna! :)

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Being somewhat spoiled for Indian restaurants, I found this one a very pleasant surprise indeed. Great stylish ambiance, excellent food, fantastic service.
One tip if you like your Indian food ultra hot (as I do): Speak to the manager and tell him about it and make it clear you want it hot to the degree of e.g. "18 out of 20" (that's how he seems to rate it). In my case, I told him I wanted it "very hot" but found it initially lacking. To his credit, he enquired about it of his own accord, so when I commented on it he told me that it was only "6 out of 20" - like so many Indian restaurants in Europe, they usually don't dare going hot for real even if patrons ask for it specifically due to bad experience with customers who overrated their own hotness tolerance. Of course, as with all good Indian food, hotness should never precluded tastiness - the original food's flavour (as well as all those many spices used in cooking) should only be enhanced, not burnt away. Indien Village is very good at that. Will be sure to come again next time I'm in Vienna.

Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

The restaurant is nice and the service is superb, however the food was far from authentic. I am a huge Indian food lover and was dissappointed with all dishes we ordered, even Naan bread wasn't close to what it should be.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

the food, service and hospitality - all great. will return.
can even choose the level of spiceyness 0-12!!!

Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

We loved the food & the welcoming service! We went there as hungry souls and ate our best. We ordered lamb biryani, garlic Naan, malai kofta (which was the best of the lot) & madras chicken. The waiting time was decent enough and before they bring the order, padad and 3 different variety of chutneys are served as appetizers complimentary. Tip: make sure to ask for non spicey food.
We asked for medium spicey yet we had to wipe our noses & drink water.

1  Thank Priya1783