“Good food, ok service” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #244 of 4,071 Restaurants in Vienna
Price range: US$14 - US$21
Cuisines: German, Austrian, Bar, Cafe, European, Central European
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Inner City
Lyon, France
“Good food, ok service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

We ate here for a prearranged, group dinner on a business trip. It's a typical pub atmosphere - loud, two floors, casual dining and drinks. The food was good - we had a soup appetizer, beef with potatoes and spinach main dish, and some dessert that I could not pronounce (but tasted near to tiramisu). I sampled the pilsner - it was good and cold. Where we weren't as happy was the service. The food came fast enough and they were attentive in the beginning with drinks but after that we had to work to find someone. At one point we asked three times for water. If you are looking for a casual place to go, this may fit the bill.

Visited January 2014

• Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Warsaw, Poland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good beer and great sandwiches!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

We stepped in randomly in December around Christmas season. We took a beer and wanted a small appertizer - the sandwich we got was a huge slice with ham, cheese, eggs, tomatoes and pickles on it. We liked the food, the beer and the atmosphere - not too busy, not too crowded. I would not say it is a must to go in Vienna but if you are around, check it out!

Good thing is that it is a non-smoking place and we had troubles such in Vienna.

• Visited December 2013
Fairfax Station, Virginia
“Slow and not so good”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

Ate here in Nov 2013 for lunch. Crowded but able to be seated immediately. Once seated we waited for about 12 minutes before a server approached our table. Ordered a dark beer, which came fairly quick. Asked for help translating the menu. Then was provided an English menu, Another wait of about 10 minutes before our food order was taken, Ordered sausages and potatoes and a soup dish with a baguette. Food came fairly quickly, but no baguette. And the baguette never came. Sausage and potato plate was OK but nothing special. Once lunch was finished it again took a long time to get the check. Overall I wouldn't repeat eating here or suggest it to others.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Southampton, United Kingdom
“spontaneous lunch stop....good call !!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

Wandering around Vienna on a cold damp grey November lunchtime and needing sustenance, then why not stop here. I spontaneous stop found by the 'better half'. Looks more like an Irish pub from the outside but actually a good decision. VERY welcoming GRos Got from 3-4 staff even on way to 'high table'. Obviously German menu but head waiter brought the ipad English which was fine and shows initiatve actually I think. Gros Bier and Rot Wine followed by the lumberjack plate (as mentioned by another reviewer, and a simple but well cooked and presented schnitzel all for 22Euro. Hot tasty hit the spot. No problem. If this is what your looking for, then strongly recommended.

• Visited November 2013
Israel
“Very Disappointing Breakfast”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

Decided to take breakfast there as I was staying in a hotel nearby.

Looked like at had potential due to nice view to street, and its own decoration.

Went over translated menu in the internet before, and when sitting decided to indulge and order their "all inclusive" breakfast, which was not cheap (12,5EUR). My understanding was it would include all components from other options. They did not understand english very well so I ordered by pointing at it from menu.

Content was quite disappointing I got meal including only one egg v.s two in another cheaper option, with not much more selection of ingredients.

What completely ruined the breakfast was that they forgot to bring me the included bread and pastries (which were also not fresh when I eventually got them).

The service was inattentive (although place did not have many patrons at the time). So I finally had to get up to attempt to inquire about this issue. It was apparently the fault of the boy that served me part of the meal. However there did not seem to be any desire to apologize for this mistake, let alone make amends by suggesting some compensation as would most likely been offered in my country.

Even without this incident service and food did not deserve giving it more than an average rating, mostly for its location and decoration.

I did not have time and more importantly desire to revisit.

Cafe to go and very good pastry I bought at a bakery and ate in a nearby park on another day, were a much more enjoyable experience.

• Visited October 2013