“Come here for the authentic Austrian food”
Review of Cafe Einstein

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Inner City
Reviewed 2 May 2014

The best Fried cheese I have ever tried! We found this place by chance during our previous visit to Vienna. This time we had to come back. And we did it twice :) First time we ordered two Wiener Schnitzels and two beers. It was delicious. The next time i ordered fried cheese and my partner ordered Breaded chicken liver. We got two huge dishes and just could not stop eating it. The staff is very friendly. Come at night and you will find english-style pub.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

I was staying in a hotel near the Rathaus for a week and wandered in for a late night dinner and coffee on an ovenlike August night. The food was excellent, the decor cool, bright and inviting and and the staff charming. I had an absolutely delightful iced coffee that I took out into the adjoining park where I wandered a bit and sat on a bench to commune with the night. In NYC this would have earned me a lump on the head and an emptied purse but here is was idyllic. I can't wait to return.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

We ate here for a prearranged, group dinner on a business trip. It's a typical pub atmosphere - loud, two floors, casual dining and drinks. The food was good - we had a soup appetizer, beef with potatoes and spinach main dish, and some dessert that I could not pronounce (but tasted near to tiramisu). I sampled the pilsner - it was good and cold. Where we weren't as happy was the service. The food came fast enough and they were attentive in the beginning with drinks but after that we had to work to find someone. At one point we asked three times for water. If you are looking for a casual place to go, this may fit the bill.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

We stepped in randomly in December around Christmas season. We took a beer and wanted a small appertizer - the sandwich we got was a huge slice with ham, cheese, eggs, tomatoes and pickles on it. We liked the food, the beer and the atmosphere - not too busy, not too crowded. I would not say it is a must to go in Vienna but if you are around, check it out!

Good thing is that it is a non-smoking place and we had troubles such in Vienna.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Ate here in Nov 2013 for lunch. Crowded but able to be seated immediately. Once seated we waited for about 12 minutes before a server approached our table. Ordered a dark beer, which came fairly quick. Asked for help translating the menu. Then was provided an English menu, Another wait of about 10 minutes before our food order was taken, Ordered sausages and potatoes and a soup dish with a baguette. Food came fairly quickly, but no baguette. And the baguette never came. Sausage and potato plate was OK but nothing special. Once lunch was finished it again took a long time to get the check. Overall I wouldn't repeat eating here or suggest it to others.