“Very good for business meetings with hotel included”

Rainers Hotel Vienna
Ranked #167 of 361 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We had a business meeting here with people staying overnight. Hotelrooms are modern, bathroom nice but very small. It was very warm in the hotel, rooms as well as in the meeting rooms. Airco didn't function well. Food was pretty good, but some repeats in succeeding days. Meeting rooms were well equiped, inclusief Nespresso machines. Service was good. Very friendly staff. Small bar/lobby. Approx. 30 minuten from Vienna airport, 10 minutes to city center by taxi. Neighbourhood doesn't offer much.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Catharina50
WernerMagedler, Manager at Rainers Hotel Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear Catherina,

thank you very much for taking the time to write a feedback about our hotel.

Whilest I am happy to hear that you were quite pleased with the overall experience, I am sorry that the setting of the room temperature was not what you expected.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future!

Kind regards,

There are newer reviews for Rainers Hotel Vienna

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Rooms are large, comfortable and clean, great breakfast. Pleasant and helpful stuff. Good connection to city center. On foot too far. I definitely recommend it for business stay, less for tourism, but only because of the location.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
WernerMagedler, Manager at Rainers Hotel Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a feedback about your recent stay with us here at Rainers Hotel **** Vienna.

I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay and would recommend us for business trips. We are located a short tramride (10 minutes) away from the city center. Also just for your information, should you like to book a sightseeing tour of Vienna, you can do that directly at the reception desk and you also will be pickt up from the hotel!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 12 March 2014

We were a group of friends going for a weekend to Vienna and we got a special deal with room, breakfast, wifi and parking all included! The room was perfectly clean and nicely decorated. The tram station is 3 minutes walk from the hotel and it leaves you in the very center without changes. Breakfast was really good and it gave me a nice surprise, milk and yogurths without lactose! Something which is not easy to find! I definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
WernerMagedler, Manager at Rainers Hotel Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Blanca Leku,

thank you very much for your short feedback regarding your recent stay at Rainers Hotel **** Vienna.

I am glad to hear, that you and your friends have enjoyed your trip. Your positive comment regarding our breakfast is very important to us, as we try to offer something for everyone taking extra care for special diet requirements.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again soon - maybe during summer time when it is a little warmer outside!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

And the best staf... If you want a nice and luxury hotel than this one is for you. Rooms are comfortable and food is one of the best in Vienna. Kind and gentle personal and always smiling.
I love hotel Rainers

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Biba S
WernerMagedler, Manager at Rainers Hotel Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear Biba S.

Thank you very much for your short and positiv feedback!

I am glad to hear you have enjoyed our product and service. I am especially proud to read your comment about our team!

We do look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 29 January 2014

The location is not the best, especially if you want to walk to the sights. But the hotel and hotel staff are wonderful including the value. The restaurant is another story. The staff, pricing and options even though I was told they would accommodate my plant based diet, were horrible. If you don't have a special diet and you don't care if the staff is nice the buffet in the morning looks fabulous. The manager is also wonderful as she helped us get back the over charge from the taxi service we used to go to the airport.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Nancy T,

thank you very much for taking the time to write a short feedback about your stay back in November last year.

Whilest I am glad to read you have enjoyed our hotel in general and you mentioning our staff as wonderful, I am very sorry to read your comment about our restaurant!

We do try to accommodate all our guests special needs and I am sorry to hear, that on this occasion we failed to do so.
I belief our collegue was already in touch with you back in November and has forwarded our appologies!

We would love to welcoming you back in the future - to introduce our new Food & Beverage concept to you!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 22 January 2014

**Location: Do you want a hotel within the city center, or at least within walking distance of the city center? Do you want to be surrounded by idyllic Viennese architecture and splendor? Would you like a location where you have a plethora of cafes and restaurants to choose from? Then this hotel is NOT for you.
The Rainers hotel is located off the beaten path, about a 10-20 minute tram ride (depending on whether or not there are delays…we only experienced this once and it took 20 min with the delay) from the city center. The location itself I would describe as urban; that is, the buildings are generally from the mid-20th century and the surrounding areas are more industrial than baroque. For those who are not used to urban sprawl, this area may seem unsafe, although I personally do not feel it is dangerous. There is not much to see near the hotel, with the exception of a church just down the street near the tram station, so don't expect majestic views of Vienna from here. So, for anyone that is comfortable with a small commute via public transportation and the urban location, this hotel is a good choice.

**Rooms: Do you want a clean, spacious (as far as Europe is concerned), and modern room? Would you like to be in an area that is generally very quiet (not close to bars/restaurants/train stations/etc)? Then this hotel IS for you. (Those of you traveling from the United States who have never been abroad: generally rooms in "cheaper" or older European hotels are small. You may read this review and think that by my saying the room is spacious, it means it is similar in size to a hotel room in the States. It's not. It is, however, larger than what you would normally get for a room at this price.)
The rooms have been recently renovated and are very clean. In Vienna, when you ask for a double room, you will get 2 single beds pushed together. There is a flat screen TV, English channels including CNN, BBC and Al Jazeera, as well as various channels in German and Italian. There is a DVD player (keep in mind that DVD players have regional specificity, that is a US DVD will not play on the player), and our room had a mini bar (outrageous prices though). There is also a hot water pot with tea and instant coffee, and a safe that is big enough to put a laptop in. The bathroom was clean and new. Our only complaint was that the pin you pull up to use the shower was stuck the first day, but this was fixed by day 2. Housekeeping came in every day while we were out and vacuumed, wiped down surfaces, and changed the towels.

**WiFi: WiFi in the rooms is NOT free! I thought it was when I booked, but I was mistaken. It is 12 euro/day for WiFi in the room or 18 euro for 3 days of use. If you do not want to pay, there are 2 Mac computers in the lobby that can be used for the Internet for free. However, they seem like they are constantly in use, so be aware that you may have to wait.

**Breakfast: Breakfast is buffet style from 6:30 to 9:30 am and costs extra. Do you want a breakfast with traditional American items such as pancakes, waffles, cold cereals, white bread and cold juices? Then the breakfast is NOT for you. Although the spread is quite impressive, if you have a picky eater in your family, chances are they might have a hard time finding something they want to eat.
Breakfast items: Assorted rolls/breads (all of which have some sort of grain/seed/flavor added), jams/jellies in all flavors, butter, scrambled eggs, fried eggs, boiled eggs, 4 different kinds of sausage, baked beans, 5 different kinds of artisan cheeses, sliced cheeses, sliced meats, smoked salmon, sliced veggies, bacon, coffee, tea, 4 juices (served at room temperature), and assorted desserts/pastries.
I personally felt breakfast was worth it because I could get whatever I wanted and go back for seconds. I used it as an opportunity to stuff myself and then I wouldn't be hungry until almost dinner, thus saving money by not eating at the tourist locations I was visiting.

**Staff: The staff that I interacted with were all very friendly. They spoke very good English and were able to give us directions to the closest tram stop and how to get to certain places of interest. I always think it is worth it to speak a small amount of the native language (please, thank you, yes, no, hello, goodbye) and I think they appreciate the effort, although here it is not necessary.

**Bottom Line:
Location- not ideal, but manageable
Rooms- Spacious, clean, modern
WiFi- Free in lobby, pay in room
Breakfast- Excellent as long as you are not picky
Staff- Friendly and speak English

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Nina G
WernerMagedler, Manager at Rainers Hotel Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Dear Nina G.,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this detailled feedback.
We do value our guests opinion as we always work on exceeding our guests expectations.

I am happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

We would love to welcoming you back to this beautiful city some time in the future!

Best regards,

Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

With a maid services everyday and very trustworthy. Left money out and nothing went.
Reception staff absolutely fantastic bunch of team very helpful and just great company too.

Ok there is two major let downs one is the cost of wifi extremely high should not be charged but free if they would like to make 5 stars

Also is the opening time for room service and the actual restaurant on a Saturday nite finishes at 10 pm and during the week 9 pm this is totally not the way to run a business as there's no other restaurants close to eat.

The hotel owner who's not in a chain thinks it doesn't matter but it would if all of a sudden had no guest. This is a message to him from room 345 under the name of Lam change this buddy it's what's letting the whole hotel down from 5 stars to 3 on the reviews and puts your staff in a very awkward position. Thanks

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
WernerMagedler, Manager at Rainers Hotel Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2014

Dear Guests,

thank you very much for taking the time to write a feedback about your stay!

I am glad to hear, that our team left an absolute positive impression of our hotel.

In regards to the things you have mentioned in your review - the restaurant opening hours - I am glad to inform you that we will undergo a major renovation during the next month, which will be the start to our brand new food and beverage concept!

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Best regards from Vienna,