Steigenberger Hotel Herrenhof Wien
Graben Hotel(Vienna)
Hotel Orient(Vienna)
  • Room Service
3,474 results
All reviewsgreat locationcentral cafespanish riding schooldeluxe roomhofburg palaceexcellent hotelfree mini barwalking distanceexcellent breakfastmajor attractionsexcellent staythe heart of the citynice roomsubway stationrooms are spaciousold citycentral vienna
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 June 2012

The best Feature of this hotel is the location. Very close to the u - bahn stop so we were able to avoid using taxis when going to and from the train stations. Rooms were comfortable and clean. Don't stay at the front of the hotel ....very noisy. Service was good but not over the top and not what you would expect from a five star property. Would I stay there again.......... Maybe and if I do, it is for the location.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 4QueenMum2
EPerwanger, General Manager at Steigenberger Hotel Herrenhof Wien, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2012

Dear Guest
thank you for taking the time for commenting on our hotel and services. We deeply regret that our service did not meet your expectations and of course I would be very interested in learning more in detail in which areas we could improve our service and attitude.
We are right in the city center and of course this brings a certain amount of noise in the busy hours of the day - but still less than for hotels on Ringstrasse. This is why we do have installed soundproof windows in already 50% of our rooms - a challenge in a historic monument under protection as we need to observe many legal aspects - but we are working on finalizing the rest of the rooms within the year.
Should you want to have very quiet rooms, we do offer rooms to the inner courtyard.
We hope to see you back at Steigenberger here in Vienna or any other Steigenberger Destination. Kind regards
Elisabeth Perwanger General Manager

Reviewed 30 May 2012

You know when you read the reviews there is always that bad one. You know the one where someone was not happy for some stupid reason. Well this is not the case.
This is NOT an almost 5 star hotel in any way. I would rather be writing a glowing review but I can not and here is why.
Let me start in the bathroom... a towel was dirty-black marks all over. The towel are far from plush-much closer to thin (motel 6 paper towel type thin-yes an exateration, but trying to make a point. There was one little round flat soap and the other toiletries were nothing to speak of.
When you walk out of the hotel, you are greeted by many guests standing right in front smoking.
The breakfast was so-so. They make you pre pay for breakfast to get 8 euro off the price and "no refunds" is what you are told when you do it.
On the bright side, the service was excellent.

1  Thank skihowie
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Just checked out today and was given a packet of gum with a reminder to please place a review - how clever! It obviously worked, because here I am.

The best compliment I can give is that I would stay here again and be happy to recommend Steigenberger Herrenhof Wien to friends. I am most impressed by the value of the hotel, I did not find there to many hotels priced in the same range that offered the ammenities or have rooms fitted as nicely in such a central location. We walked to most of the sites or took the metro which was just steps away. And the complimentary cold drinks in the mini-bar were a lifesaver, such a great ammenity and very much appreciated.

After traveling all night, I arrived at the hotel exhausted around 10-11a and was prepared for (and dreading) the hotel to have to hold my bags until the standard check-in time of 2p... I cannot say how much it meant for them to immediately check me in without the typical "lecture/reminder" of the policy but rather they simply handed my key over after 5 short minutes of paperwork. Of course I know this is not always possible, but it made my day to head to my room straight away.

And they offer complimentary wifi - not just complimentary internet, but WIFI - THANK YOU for that. I am writing this from a different hotel that only offers broadband and it's quite the disappointment to be tethered to the desk and only able to use a laptop on it.

With all the fabulous dining options in Vienna, we opted to forgo the breakfast. We did, however, order room service one day. I have to say, it was top notch fast, piping hot & delicious! It may have been even faster, but under 20 minutes for sure.

It's wonderful that there are usually so many (friendly!) desk staff when we stopped by with any questions, made it easy to ask questions and be on our way. Due to our jet lag, we were wide awake and wanting to go out for dinner at 11pm... the lady at the desk made a special effort to look up a place that would be open at that hour, as much of the city had already closed. Although she did offer for the hotel to make sandwiches for us, which was kind, we were just eager to get out and see the city.

Rooms were spacicious, clean and comfortable. I liked that I could open the windows and enjoy the fresh air. I know it is not always customary to provide an iron & board in each room, but in a perfect world, these would be added.

Dear Guest,
great to read that you enjoyed your stay with us here in Vienna - and of course that you liked our gums :-) .

Thanks a lot for the note about iron and ironing board - at present these can be asked for in housekeeping and they will bring it right to your room. But your comment helps us to constantly improve our services and I will definitely evaluate to install these at least in a part of our rooms by next year. Thank you for yoru input.

Kind regards
Elisabeth Perwanger General Manager

Reviewed 18 May 2012

I recently enjoyed a 5 night stay at Hotel Steigenberger in Wein. Overall this hotel is a very good value (note: i was there as part of business conference so I may have had "group" rate).

In any event the hotel's location is outstanding. The rooms were simply but well appointed, comfortable and very clean. Service was also very good.

The only criticism I have is the fitness center is small and lacking of some basis equiptment i would expect of a hotel of this level.

With that i would not hesitiate to recommend the hotel steigenberger for both business and vacation stays.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 May 2012

We just stayed for a week at the Steigenberger Hotel Herrenhof and enjoyed it. Our room was 413 on the fourth floor and our room was quite elegant. The carpet had a color of light and dark brown with a design like brocade, very baroque. The wallpaper behind the headboard had the same design and the bathroom had tile with the same design. Our room was adequately sized and had a black desk with electrical connections. There was adequate storage room for clothes and belongings. The room was very quiet and we could not hear any street noise at all.

The breakfast buffet was elegant and the chairs had a fabric that looked like crochet. The curtains looked like long fringes, which diffused the light from the windows. There was a large variety of brad, fruits and sliced meat. I was able to ask for a fried egg every morning.

On a street that is perpendicular to our hotel’s address in Herrengasse, there is a gourmet supermarket that is very good. It is called Julius Meinl on Am Graben 19. Also close by is a very affordable and good seafood restaurant called Nordsee, at Kohlmarkt 6. The hotel is very close to these two shopping streets and you could walk to the major sights in the historic city.

All the employees we met were very friendly and efficient. Also the first night the minibar in the room was free.

The only fly in the ointment was that the second night at 1 am, we were awakened by a loud microphone in the hallway telling us that there was an emergency and that we should go to the street immediately. We put on our clothes and rushed down the stairs to the street. After 15 minutes we were told we could go back to our rooms and that it was a false alarm. I have to say that our room had a smoke detector and had a sprinkler system, so I knew the emergency was not related to a fire in the building. Still, being awakened like this was very disconcerting and we were not told what really happened.

1  Thank BennyMalaga