“Tasteless Curry”

Price range: US$5 - US$17
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Wieden
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Was not impressed. Maybe some of the other food is better, but I had the curry and it was completely tasteless.

1  Thank milessquared

Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

Moved to Wien from the UK with m family 3 weeks ago, wife and I are both big fans of Middle East food. Headed to Tewa to try it out.
Great atmosphere, full of bustle and life. Waitress was very friendly and helpful, while I worked hard to translate the menu into English she went and brought us 2 English menus. Food was good, big portions and full of taste.
Went on a Monday night and found it still very busy. Will come again.

1  Thank Jody L
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We wanted to have breakfast in Naschamarkt, so we decided upon Tewa after looking around at a few other restaurant menus. Tewa had a variety of breakfast combos to choose from.

My boyfriend got the salmon bagel breakfast combo, which he thought was just alright. I got the combo with the soft boiled egg, two bread rolls, butter, jam, small mango lassi, and coffee, and that was perfectly fine. Overall, decent food.

Service was fine and we were able to get English menus which was very helpful.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Everywhere was busy and Tewa had a free table so we took a chance and sat down. Our German is not that good but they were able to supply us with an English menu. I had Chicken and caramelized aubergine with couscous and I was served a much larger portion than I was expecting. The aubergine was spicy and delicious as was the chicken. My husband had chicken with vegetables and rice it too was nice and spicy.

Food and drinks were reasonable.

Another night we ate at an Italian restaurant in the Naschamarkt (La Piazzetta) and it too was very good.

Reviewed 15 May 2013

I've been to Tewa on a number of occasions and a journalist friend of mine wanted to write about the restaurant as part of an article for a major international magazine about Naschmarkt. We went with a group of six and sat outside in the sun.

When you sit in the Naschmarkt you'll inevitably encounter beggars and buskers who don't easily take no for an answer. We were snarled at by a particularly persistent man while we were trying to have a conversation.

When our drinks came one of our party accidentally bumped into the waitress and she spilt a glass of soda water. She said she'd bring another. Our food arrived and was fine - big, hearty plates of felafel and chicken etc.

At the end of our visit my friend was charged for her soda water, and the one that the waitress had spilt. When she questioned this with the waiter, he explained it was unfortunately not his decision. As a result, my friend will not write about Tewa because of their bizarre and short-sighted customer service. Mainly they cater for tourists, and we won't go back.

3  Thank Renate K