“Part of my tour to Vienna, Prague and Berlin”

Senator Hotel Vienna
Ranked #186 of 359 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed 8 July 2011

This hotel is located just outside the city of Vienna but with easy access by tram that stops almost outside the hotel. The rooms are clean and the staff helpful. The buffet breakfast leans more toward the continental style but there are some hot dishes. This is more of a business bed and breakfast hotel in my opinion.
My room was situated on the second floor overlooking the noisy main road and tram stop. I would recommend that it would be much better to request a room away from the main road if you want to sleep with the window slightly open in mid summer. The air conditioning was not working properly but for me that was not a problem.

Room Tip: Request a corner room on the top floor away from the main road.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 June 2011

This is a large, tour-group oriented hotel with modern decor and little character. The hair dryer in the bathroom and room safe were appreciated, however the hair on the sheets and hair in some of the food at the breakfast buffet were not. The hotel was conveniently located to the old town and westbahnhof train station by tram. Free internet was totally fraudulent. The connection was poor and internet sites available were very limited. it was 14 euro/day to upgrade to a full package. Regardless, you could only use one computer in the room at a time. At the end of my 4 night stay I was charged for 2 days of the upgrade internet package, even though I had not signed up for it. the reason: I checked my email! this is absolutely ridiculous and at no time after registering for the free service was I alerted that I was entering a premium site & would therefore automatically be charged for the upgraded service. I would never return to this hotel and furthermore, I would warn others to find another hotel.

Room Tip: stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank elviraModesto
Senatorhotel_17, Geschäftsführer at Senator Hotel Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2011

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for you detailed and honest feedback. This is very important for us to keep and increase our standard of service and hospitality.

We really appreciate that you mentioned our good facilities, as well as our convenient location to Westbahnhof and old town. As cleanliness is one of our first aims, we really regret that you had hair on your sheets. We discussed this topic with our housekeeping staff to ensure constant quality for all our guests.

Regarding the W-LAN we already took improvement measures due to the feedback of you and other guests. As yet it was provided by an external company, which couldn’t fulfill our and our guests’ quality standard. Therefore we quit our contract and will provide Internet by ourselves from July.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and would love to welcome you back at the Senator Hotel Vienna, to proof our constant high level of quality.

With kind regards

Thomas Welzig
General Manager Senator Hotel Vienna

Reviewed 7 June 2011

Very nice Hotel, clean nice rooms. Avesome breakfast, close to transportation. Will be back again =)

The only thing that was bad was the internet, did not work well, you could hovever pay 14eur x-tra per day and youll gett fast internet access.. Hovever that should allways be incuded in room price...

Elin & Henrik

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hekroth
Reviewed 20 May 2011

Stuff is kind & helpful. Have booked 4 night stay on line and had no problem with reservation issues.The room was clean and bathroom spacious. Equipped with hairdryer and electronic safe deposit,(Had a connected electrical outlet inside-put your camera or cellphone inside,lock and leave it charging!!!) LCD TV & office desk.What i did not like at all was the bed mattress(VERY SOFT for me) and the lack of a mini bar(Even an empty mini bar fridge would be nice to keep your water/beer cool). Breakfast was very good (from 06:30 to 10:00) and coffee was strong and flavored-the best starter for a day full of fun in Vienna. Location is a little bit far from city center (quiet spot) but tram 43 takes you from the front of the hotel to shottentor terminal in 15-20 min>Metro connection just downstairs! Rathhaus (City Hall),burgtheater,parliament & the famous Ring Strasse are 5-10 walking minutes away from there. Tram line 9 gets you to Westbahnhof in 15-16 min. Taking advantage of this we took the train for a day ride in Saltzburg and back to Vienna the same day!!! The same train station provides you transport to/from the airport with post buses running every 30 min. Super market just beside the hotel and in the next block/same side of road, a small nice fast food restaurant with chicken/fish/salad menus and beverages.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with bathtub and one 2ble bed.
  • Stayed: May 2011
2  Thank Ace1973
Reviewed 17 May 2011

I would recommend this hotel for their rooms alone. Spacious, comfortable, beautiful and very elegantly decorated with lovely furnishings and carpets in addition to all the luxuries and amenities that will make for a pleasant, comfortable and enjoyable stay. The hotel room I stayed in here ranks up there with the best hotel rooms that I have stayed in in my travels throughout Europe and the world. Had I not been on a group tour, I would definitely have had no hesitation in staying longer in this hotel because the room I had was of such high quality.

The location is not central but it is probably easy enough to navigate from this part of town to the rest of the city. The hotel is surrounded by many coffee shops and restaurants in addition to a supermarket and a bank within very close proximity and some other interesting shopping venues nearby.

Service is mostly good with staff for the most part professional, courteous, helpful and quite friendly. When our tour group arrived, however, many of the rooms were not prepared despite our tour guide having notified the hotel well in advance that we were coming and despite the fact that it was almost 4 hours after check-out time. This meant that several members of our group had to wait for their rooms, which did not please some of them, I think the issue was resolved relatively quickly, however, and I was not personally affected by this and had access to my beautiful room quickly and efficiently

I appreciate the fact that this hotel provides basic Internet services (such as access to Google social networking sites) free of charge but I do think that it confuses some guests that some sites are free and others you have to sign up and pay for. Perhaps this needs to be clarified in some greater detail

Despite the minor flaws mentioned above, it was definitely a pleasure to stay in this hotel and to enjoy the wonderful room that I was given. I had a great stay here and look forward to returning

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank OL1981
Reviewed 12 May 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights. Rooms are decorated very nicely, lovely fresh and bright colours. Everything worked in room air con etc. Good selection at breakfast. Very easy to travel to city center by tram.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2011

-LOCATION: A nice hotel situated not far from the Vienna historical center. 1 min away from tram stop and 15 mins away from center by using tram #43. Getting the same tram the other way would take you to Newaldegg where you can enjoy a refreshing walk in the woods. The neighborhood is relatively quiet and when occasionally it is not, the double-glazing does its job.

-ROOM: Modern decoration, well lit and perfectly clean. Ideal for business stays but a bit too tight for tourists where storage space is more needed. Bathroom is well equipped and neat but lacks a window. A/C units get pretty noisy at higher fan speeds.

-STAFF: Efficient, helpful, English speaking and always smiling! Information is always readily available from reception desk.

-FOOD: Abundant, well served, nutritious, varied but a bit boring. The variety of foods offered is reasonable but the display and items never change. I think that with some effort, creativity and no extra costs added the breakfast experience could be improved. Dinner only available for groups upon request.

-INTERNET ACCESS: Basic access for general use is free. The two PCs in the reception area are not always free but accessible even when the hotel is well packed with guests.
-VALUE FOR MONEY: Good...Keep it up!

Room Tip: Do not get a top floor or corner room! Too small.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple