“Fabulous week at Hotel Asperner Lowe”

Hotel Asperner Lowe
Ranked #264 of 361 Hotels in Vienna
Nelson BC
“Fabulous week at Hotel Asperner Lowe”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

My husband and I just returned from a wonderful week in Vienna. Our stay at the Hotel Asperner made it especially enjoyable. Our room was clean and comfortable and very quiet. The U2 just a block away made it very easy to access the city center. It was really nice having breakfast ready and waiting for us every morning.

Room Tip: Our room was on the side away from the main street on the second floor.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Hallerans

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We spent 4 nights here recently as my daughter lives nearby and her house is now full of little ones!
I like that it is not a chain but father a family run affair. The staff were polite and attentive.
The room was clean and comfortable, a little kitchenette including a fridge was useful.
There is easy access to the underground which is valuable and the rates are reasonable.
Breakfast is a cold buffet although there are some boiled eggs, a functional start to the day.
It was peaceful and pleasant. Next time I will use the sauna and maybe sit in the sun.

Room Tip: We had 45 which was like a mini apartment.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ka h
Nicosia, Cyprus
Reviewed 25 August 2013

My family and myself stayed for one night at this hotel and everything was fine, staff were helpful and helped us with our travel plans, Also printed out our boarding passes and did not charge us.
You get free Wifi for three hours after that you have to pay. ( connection speed was good) The room was clean and functional with a small kitchen if you need it. The yellow decor was OK for one night but I don't think I could stay longer than a few days in that colour scheme. The hotel is close to Bus and train terminal, also the airport is about 20 mins away. Convenient off street parking as well.
Breakfast is basic, just enough to get you fed. My only complaint would be the noise from the staff in the breakfast area, on this particular day and time they were cleaning cutlery and were throwing it around like it was a 'noise competition' and the prize was a million dollars - I gave them a couple of dirty stares but I don't think they got the message.
Also as another reviewer mentioned the smoking area is in the entrance of the hotel and is very unpleaseant when you have to walk through this area - especially if you have children.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room, Great connection into Vienna and the airport
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank George G
Loveland, Colorado
Reviewed 28 July 2013

This is an acceptable budget hotel, but is not better than that. We were on the top floor for 3 nights (May 2013) and, although clean, the room was completely outdated--nothing shiny and new like the pictures show you. Curtains/sinks/flooring, etc., all greatly in need of repair. Walls so thin you could hear the children next door like they were running by your own bed. We had drainage problems which were not addressed while we were there, instead, we were told to use the shower in the basement by the sauna, which was only marginally better. There is no one available overnight. The elevator only goes up to the third floor and is so rickety, it's scary. A sign saying "elevator out of order" is always sitting on the floor outside the door just in case it's needed. Overall, the people were friendly enough and the hallways were clean, but it just wasn't all it should have been. Also, it overlooks high-rise apartments and the storage yards for a large heating/cooling company--so no view at all. Best recommendation is for those looking for a budget hotel that has easy access to the U-Bahn into downtown Vienna and don't require anything fancy. Restaurants are a 10-30 minute walk from the hotel. There is no food (except breakfast) or drinks at this establishment. We could not find a nearby grocery.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms that are not on the fourth floor--water pressure is low and the rooms are squeezed in...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Shelsmomnat
Rockwood,ON
Reviewed 30 March 2010

Stayed with a large group of teens. Breakfast was fine, rooms were lovely, in that the hotel is new. One problem was that one of our group members got locked out of her room, and there was no one in the hotel to help us. We called the police and finally found an emergency number on the ELEVATOR! What a place to post the emergency number. The breakfast that was being offered to guests looked great, however our group got bread, nutella and coffee. VERY FAR out of Vienna. I would not stay here if I wanted to be close to the action. On a road that is being contructed, so I imagine there could be some noise during the day.

• Stayed March 2010
1 Thank Madelle
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed 4 January 2010

Although this hotel is conviently located near a busline it still takes about 30 minutes to get into town. My room was cold and was not repaired during my stay. The jacuzzi, sauna and multi-head shower are all broken although the steam room did work. The rooms were clean, the towels were very rough, kitchenette was nice to have although I only used the stove to provide heat. They advertised that they had stamps for postcards but when I went to buy some they did not have any and because they were all going on holiday no one would send them for me. Breakfast was typical European style which I enjoyed.

Stayed January 2010

Travellers are raving about these Vienna hotels