“Best Pizza in town”

Ranked #244 of 4,343 Restaurants in Vienna
Price range: US$10 - US$16
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Leopoldstadt
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

I just live around the corner of Pizza Mari and always when I go there it is just a great experience.
Either for take away or having dinner there, never was disappointed. Since the owner Mari is from south Italy everything is made with a special Italian touch. Also the coffee is great, get it on the opposite site of Mari in this small shop they have there for Italian coffee and other specialities. A definitely must.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

After doing some research (I like my pizza) my husband and I decided to go to pizza mari because all the foodie blogs said this was "the best pizza in Vienna". And it didn't disappoint, it was the best pizza. I had a margarita pizza but added some arugula and cheese to the top (a nice addition). I also had a side salad to start. It was a naples-style pizza and incredibly flavourful.

My hubs had the sausage pizza -- I can't remember the exact name, but it was also delicious. I'm getting hungry just writing this review because it was so yummy!

This is a casual place. We sat outside because it was a hot and steamy night. We had great service and will be back!

1  Thank Joyous_Health
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Really nice pizza, in summer the have space outside too. In the middle of the 2nd district, really close to karmelitermarkt. Good food and amazing location

Reviewed 8 July 2014

After reading some favourable comments I decided to have an evening meal at Pizza Mari. Its location was very convenient for my hotel location of Taborstrasse. This was midweek & early evening & was pretty full when I arrived with just a couple of vacant tables - always a good sign. This is very much a "No Frills" type of place which I wouldn't really call a restaurant as a Pizzeria or sit down Pizza Parlour.
The menu comprises around 8 - 10 Pizza's the names & types of which will be pretty much familiar to most, However They are provided very mush to their own "style" & mine in particular was delicious as did everybody else's look to be. The Pizzas here are of a large size & certainly a full meal by themselves. I chose the "Pepe" option which was a kind of Marguerita with peppered / smoked cheese. Other options included a couple with very generous toppings of hams / salami's. Price wise options are between 8 - 10 euros & good value.
Other than the Pizza's there's just a couple of side dishes & a couple of sweets, but they seem to want to keep things simple & provide it to excellent quality. The large clay own & open kitchen are on show for all to see. Plenty of outdoor seating available if you prefer & weather is OK !
People seem to come & go quite quickly & I noticed that some seem to be regulars, another good sign. This was an extremely enjoyable evening meal & I would certainly return

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Pizza Mari is my favorite Pizzeria in Vienna, it has the south Italian style I like and the Pizzas are just great. Lean and mean and hot (if you choose so). No fancy 64 styles of Pizza trash.

The place is styled so that nothing distracts you from enjoying your food and talking to your friends (meaning spartan, but in the good way).