“The place to be!!!”

Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Wahring
“The place to be!!!”
Reviewed 6 February 2013 via mobile

The place to be to enjoy a Perfect evening in Vienna without the typical Viennese touristic atmosphere.
Cosy, charming and like your second living room!
Perfect food served with charming words!
The chef servs a delcious menue every evenig a new composition!
Tasty and interesting wines served by the owner!
You feel the emotion behind it!

1 Thank NITOSCh

Ankara
“Nice experience, but had higher expectations”
Reviewed 31 January 2013

This is a place to have a gourmet experience at a relatively reasonable price. There are no menu options, the degustation menu (43E +3.5E cover charge) comes with paired dishes and you are only expected to chose if you want to have desert or cheese at the end.
We booked a week in advance and was asked to confirm our booking on the day - which I found a bit unusual and inconvenient-. We arrived there with the s-bahn and it was easy to find the restaurant. There were some free tables so booking on the day would probably be OK - though I must warn that this was in late January and could get more busy in high season-. No formal dressing is required, it is great find if you are a tourist and packed lightly!
Regarding the food, while we were mostly pleased and it was a nice experience, we had higher expectations. The fish plates were extremely good and the steak was very good too. Though we weren't that much impressed with the duck, the deserts were disappointment. As I am not a fan of black pudding, I can't really comment on it but I must say I was't very impressed.
While I'm not claiming to be a gourmet, overall, I would expect a more "aromatic" experience. Though I would recommend this place if you are after something different at decent value.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank WereRabbit
Bucharest, Romania
“I simply like this place!”
Reviewed 27 January 2013

How can you not like a place which has an excellent food, always something new and unusual, cosy, offers a friendly service and is in 10 minutes walking distance from your home (I am not from Vienna just live here as an expat). I have been there a few times and everytime I leave with the same impression. I fully recommend it.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Lacri D
Miami Beach
“Worth the trip from Central Vienna”
Reviewed 16 January 2013 via mobile

We found out about this restaurant from other reviews on Trip Advisors and found it to be true to the positive reviews. The restaurant is a little ways from central Vienna, but taking the public transportation we were able to make it there in less than 30 minutes. The train stop is less than 2 blocks from the restaurant. This is a set menu and fixed priced, so if you are no up for an adventure, you may not enjoy it as much - like the couple sitting next to our table. There is more than enough food. It is just that each serving is of two small places. Each item was spectacular both in taste and presentation. The wine selection is nice. Above all the owner Eva and her team are amazing. Exceptional service from the moment we arrived until we left. I would highly recommend this as a place to visit when in Vienna.

2 Thank MiamiBeachExplorer
Vienna, Austria
“very very good”
Reviewed 14 January 2013

one of our best experiences, service, food, ambiente....everything amazing, for sure deserves number 1 status.... for the best food we had in vienna, the recommended wine from our waiter was excellent matching to our menu....we ll be back!!!!!!!!!!

• Visited October 2012