Hotel Carina
  • Pool
US$411
US$380
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsroom was cleanone nighttwo nightstramcityreceptionsleep
Reviewed 5 August 2011

We stay at the hotel for the New Year 2011, it was beatiful. The hotel was very clean and new, the brekfast was good. The personal was very kind. Everything ok.
I will recomand you this hotel, is near the city center, just 5 minutes from the tram.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank janagregoric
Reviewed 11 July 2011

We were traveled by car with bycicles as family. So, destination of hotel was situable for us. But it can be not perfect for pedestrians. Quite far from trams and metro.
Interesting fact: the reception is working only until 13:00. But it wasn't a problem for us.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Belya
Reviewed 8 June 2011

Lovely staff; decent breakfast but that is about all I have to say that is positive.
The rooms appeared not to have been cleaned for a very long time. Avoid this hotel at all costs.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank meezeee
Reviewed 8 June 2011

The rooms are quite dirty.. the bathrooms in particular are not at all clean. The rooms are small and depressing. There is no coffee machine and no vending machines, in case one is hungry at night,. The telephones were out of order when we arrived and it took a couple of days to fix them.
The 9 Euro (extra) breakfast is OK, with a combo of hot and cold selections.
If you are a nervous or first-time traveler, this is not the place for you. The reception desk closes down at noon or 1 p.m. for the rest of the day and night (unless guests are expected to arrive). Otherwise, you are on your own.
The smell of the nearby chocolate factory is charming at first, but after the second day, it is nauseating.
This is a rather depressed neighborhood with nothing special to see or do there.
Obviously, I do not recommend it.

Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank setibbie
Reviewed 3 June 2011

My trip to Vienna corresponded with two major events, so I was stunned to find no hotels available under $300 USD per night apart from Carina. Rather than canceling Vienna, I decided to give it a shot. As with most of my reviews, let's start with Pros:

Pros: Nice front desk staff; there was a billing issue where I cut short a day, and front desk helped me with agoda.com to get it resolved. Room was not great, but was reasonably clean. A bit loud from street noise, but acceptable. The price was a good bit cheaper than a lot of other hotels in Vienna.

Cons: I thought the hotel was quite far from anything of interest. Vienna old town is beautiful and historic. The rest of Vienna is rather run-down and non-descript. That's exactly the type of location this hotel was in. It took quite a while to take a tram to city center. The hotel's area is not exactly dangerous, but does feel run-down and just bland and uninteresting. I was quite glad when we checked out and moved on.

Overall impression: The hotel was okay, but unless I'm in the same situation where all other hotels in the city are booked up, I'd probably try to stay closer to the city center.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple