“Wonderful food, excellent service, reasonable prices”
Review of Restaurant Toni

Restaurant Toni
Ranked #781 of 4,268 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: Austrian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Inner City
Kansas
“Wonderful food, excellent service, reasonable prices”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I (unfortunately) had just one night to spend in Vienna and had researched many restaurants so that my one dinner there would be memorable. As it turned out, my big selection was closed that night, so I walked half a block from my hotel to Restaurant Toni--and could not have had a better meal anywhere.

Restaurant Toni is a lovely, charming restaurant to start with. I was welcomed (as a solo diner), and the service was excellent. I had the risotto with white asparagus, and it was just divine. I thought the prices were very reasonable, too. The next day, I was talking to other members of my travel group who had been to Restaurant Toni later that same evening. They raved about it as well.

Restaurant Toni is very convenient to the K and K Palais Hotel, where I stayed (another wonderful place!)

• Visited May 2014

• Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Sunderland, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best host in Vienna!”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We spent our first dinner in Vienna at Toni's and the experience is fantastic! The host not only speak good English, he is very friendly and welcoming. He explained patiently about viennese food on menu and even gave us free soups! The food is very decent for a fairly reasonable price! Worth going back again!!!

• Visited June 2014
Selsey, United Kingdom
“The only restaurant for us in Vienna”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

My daughter, who is vegan, and I dined at Toni's on every one of the four evenings we were in Vienna recently. The menu is so extensive that we were both able to have a different selection of dishes every evening. This restaurant is welcoming and relaxing, Toni is an engaging proprietor and the waiters, Elvis and Esam, are attentive, helpful and courteous, with a nice sense of humour. After a long day's sightseeing in Vienna, Restaurant Toni is the only restaurant for us. (I have been going to this restaurant for about twenty years.)

• Visited April 2014
Central Oregon, Oregon
“Local Restaurant with Good Food and a Great Waiter!”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

After a day of walking non-stop I did not want to walk far for dinner. Toni's was on the corner of the same block as our Pension and I convinced my husband to eat dinner there. It was a great decision. Our waiter, Esam, was a delight. He helped us with our dinner selections and wine selections. He was right on. Our food was superb, and so was the wine. After we paid our bill, Esam brought us each a small glass of Amaretto; on the house. I can't remember the last time a waiter did that for us. It was a wonderful ending to a very enjoyable and delicious dinner. It was raining hard when we arrived, so we chose to sit inside. We plan on going back for dinner before we leave Vienna.

• Visited May 2014
Pittsboro, North Carolina
“Great Spareribs”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

The atmosphere is dated, but the service is very friendly and the menu has some good choices. I had the spareribs which were done very nice, tender and a bit of spice. Nice fried potatoes and sauce to dip in. The dark beer was a highlight too. I would definitely return.

• Visited February 2014