“Probably much better Japanese to be had in Vienna”
Review of Neko Restaurant

Neko Restaurant
Ranked #3,250 of 4,308 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Inner City
Reviewed 24 October 2012

After two weeks in Vienna, we wanted something different, and our go-to is Japanese food! We read the TripAdvisor reviews for Neko and decided to have dinner there.

The positives: the establishment is cute and the service is very friendly.

The negatives: the food wasn't good. The gyoza were frozen/pre-made and flavorless, and the sushi and main courses were, just ok. Strange note: it's late-October, and the number of gnats flying around and landing on our food was surprising.

We wouldn't recommend this restaurant, sorry. If my review saves you the not-so-good experience, please let me know you thought this review was 'helpful.'

Cheers and happy hunting!

4  Thank Michael T
There are newer reviews for Neko Restaurant

Reviewed 11 August 2012

After eating Viennese food for 3 days in a row, we decided to have Japanese. On our way back to the hotel we found this Japanese restaurant and it looked like a nice place to eat.

We weren't hungry then but we decided to have takeway to eat later. We ordered two combos: one with 8 pieces of salmon sushi plus 3 rolls and another with 4 pieces of varied fish with 3 rolls. Although the sushi had too much rice, it was very well seasoned and with wasabi and the salmon was beautifully cut. We were surprised by its incredible value and quality! We paid 11€ for both in this super expensive city! As the waitress said to us at least 3x: dankeschön!

Reviewed 5 July 2012

My partner and I went to Vienna for a few days and discovered this restaurant on day one. We ended eating there everyday!

Sushi was amazing, it is also made on-sight so you can see the quality of the ingredients used.
Portions are large and prices are low.

I haven't tried other dishes as I have been completely abducted by the sushi but they all looked oh so good!

Highly recommended.

Reviewed 11 June 2012 via mobile

I came here for lunch. It's a small restaurant. The food is ok, not that great. The staff communicate in Chinese. So I doubt the authenticity of the Japanese cuisine. While I was around the area, I saw a number of other Japanese restaurants. I did not patronize them so I cannot vouch for their food. But they are options if you crave for Japanese food.

Reviewed 23 April 2009

Neko is hidden in a small street some 200m from Oper and Karlsplatz.
Here you can have a decent tray of sushi, tempura etc, a bowl of miso soup,
and a drink for about 10 eur.