“good base”
Review of Dan In'n Out

Dan In'n Out
Ranked #31 of 116 Vienna B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 December 2011

Just come back from staying here for three nights.
It's very close to the bus from the airport and easy to find, that to find the address, to find the hotel in the building is a little more complex, I didn't hear that it was on the first floor, and in the elevator it's not marked, so remember FIRST floor.
Pleasant welcome with someone to meet me ( it was 9pm arrival )Nice clean and comfortable room. High ceiling, good ventilation with windows, only at night is some street noise, in winter no problem as closing windows stops noise,, summer might be different. Like I said clean. Easy to get around to every place a tourist would like to visit.
Breakfast good continental breakfast.
The price is great
Late leaving was also not a problem had use of room to 16:00 ( but that would depend on availability our room had no reservations for the following night) Staff friendly and helpful with good English skills.
Free good fast wifi
Would recommend without hesitation.
thanks

Small points that would greatly improve.
Put small sticker in lift labeling the floor.
Rubbish basket in room ( there was one in bathroom)
glass on bathroom shelf ( we took one from breakfast)

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank ebarav

Reviewed 16 December 2011

My wife and I booked our reservation at Day In n Out for a 2-night stay on Nov 24, 2011 through EasyToBook.com. In previous months prior to our stay, I have been in contact with Andra of Dan In ‘n Out. It was agreed that a late check-in is no problem and that they would wait for us from 23:30 to 24:00. I have advised Andra that our train will be arriving at 23:00 at Wein Westbahnhof numerous times. Again and again, the response is, no problem we will wait for you. To start, I have already doubts in my mind of this establishment at the outset. No. 1: There is no picture of the lobby in all of the pictures they have shown on the web. No. 2: In one of the reviews that I read, their sign is very small and that it is hard to see at night. No. 3: The waiting area is the alley/side street shared by a cocktail/night club a few doors down. No. 4: In another review, the alley/side street is dark at night. No. 5: There is no clear identification of this establishment whether this is a hotel, hostel, lodging house, or a pension house. Having not stayed in this establishment before, I thought I could overcome my doubts by staying in contact with Andra from Budapest and Salzburg a few days prior to our stay. I was even ready for my flashlight at arrival. The only reason I elected to stay in this establishment is because of its location. It is in within the center of Innere Stadt.
Andra advised us that taxi will take about 15 minutes from Wein Westbahnhof. So, we arrived shortly after 23:15. Our taxi driver was having a hard time finding the sign. Good thing I asked the taxi driver to wait because the room behind the big door was dark. The taxi driver, my wife and I took turns numerous times in pressing all the buttons by the door pad and no Andra! I peeped through the glass door and there was bunch of motor cycles inside as if this was a locked parking lot for motor cycles. The reviews that I read and all of my concerns above came true. To think that as this establishment caters to travelers, they have to be prepared for early arrivals and late arrivals as air, sea, bus and train transportations are not in the traveler’s control.
My wife and I believe that our taxi driver was God-sent to us that night. He helped us drive around looking for our accommodation. He used all the electronic gadgets in his position, (GPS, iPhone - internet), to locate us a hotel. My wife and I have to admit, this taxi driver, represented the taxi drivers of Vienna to be helpful and caring.
I reported the incident to EasyToBook.com and their Management could not do anything. I suggested to their Management to do a physical visual check on this establishment and they did nothing.
To all travelers: Please take the reviews from fellow travelers at TripAdvisor and believe that these are true. It is my wife’s and my strong conviction to advise all travelers NOT to stay at Day In n Out for your comfort and safety sake.

Room Tip: Do not stay in this establishment. It looks like a side business of a Motor Cycle Trading Company
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Californiarey
Reviewed 18 November 2011

I stayed here 3 days and it was very comfortable.
Close to the city center, very clean, helpful staff and good breakfast.
Great value, price included breakfast and wi fi.

Just that the double bed is made up of two twin beds side by side.

Room Tip: Some rooms are located very close to the breakfast area and if you are a late sleeper you might what...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2011

The place is overall good, clean and comfortable. Breakfast is fair for a few days of stay. The only problem I had was that my room (number 9, the smallest one) had a window panel over the door letting in a LOT of light from the corridor, where emergency light were always on. As a result I could not sleep very well.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Ivano A
Reviewed 24 July 2011

Overall, I would recommend this hotel. There is nothing fancy about it, just expect a clean room with a bed. The walls are paper thin and you can hear any noise in the common areas, so if youre a light sleeper I would advise you stay elsewhere! Overall it's a great location, right near the Bermuda triangle, a bar district and a close walk to the centre.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 16 May 2011

We stayed here for three nights and had no real complaints. The location is good, a 15min walk from the main area of Stephansplatz and close to an underground station. The room was quite large, although the mattresses were quite hard. Buffet breakfast was basic but adequate.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank RCD17
Reviewed 8 May 2011

Stayed in this hotel for 2 nights & didn't regret my decision!! Its a small hotel in the first floor of a residential building, but has a very central location. Its a five minute walk to stephenplatz which is the center of everything with lots of shops, restaurants, & sightseeings within walking distance. The room itself is large & spotless clean, with all the necessary amenities and has a free wifi. The bathroom is also spotless & the shower worked well. The breakfast is basic, but good. The only drawback of this hotel is that there can be some noise from the street which will be a problem if you are a light sleeper. Also you have to take note that the reception only works till 5pm, so you have to schedule your arrival accordingley.
All in all, its a great budget hotel in the center of Vienna & will definatly stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends