“Perfect Finish...”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Inner City
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I came across Haas & Haas by accident whilst on the look out for unique souvenirs to purchase to commemorate my first visit to Vienna (certainly not my last). Usually when I visit a city I find it extremely difficult to find somewhere nice to eat breakfast, the Internet doesn't seems to place much significance on starting the day eating food and so I was very happy to find somewhere of my own accord.

The courtyard was very peaceful and beautifully set up and despite a large number of tables having been reserved, the friendly staff, who were very happy to speak to me in German despite mine being rather rusty, were able to find somewhere for me to sit.

The atmosphere was very relaxing and provided a nice break away from all the hustle and bustle of the events going on in Stephens Platz. The service was very friendly and although the courtyard was packed with people, my order came very quickly. I ordered the Englisher Frühstuck mit English Breakfast Tee and thorough enjoyed what arrived... I could probably go far as to say that it is the best bacon I've had in a long time, my only complaint is that whilst a good serving of bacon came, I could have certainly eaten more of it! As well as being a tea lover, living in an Arabic country means that I don't often get to enduldge in the delight that is bacon and so to find that my first piece in many months was this good certainly made the perfect end to my trip.

The price was reasonable for the type of establishment and considering Stephens Platz is a rather busy, touristy area of Vienna, I felt the entire experience was worth the money I paid and would recommend it to anyone looking for a relaxing start to the morning. I will definitely be visiting when I'm return!

Reviewed 5 June 2014

So we were advised by people to visit Haas & Haas for breakfast at least once during our visit to Vienna.......so we did. We were greeted by a charming courtyard where two team members had about 5 tables to take care of. After being given our menu we decided to order the American breakfast and a ham and eggs breakfast........after a few minutes our ordered latte came already with two glasses of water and the coffee was ok.......unfortunately we had to wait 20 minutes for our breakfast to arrive. The ham and eggs turned out to be bacon and eggs, the toast on my breakfast was cold and half way through my partner discovered a long blond hair in his eggs which topped the fact that although it was mentioned on the menu, my pancakes with maple syrup still had not arrived.So to sum it up: a hairy experience which involved a half hearted attempt to serving food which was of substandard temperature and quality.

Nini H, Inhaber at Haas & Haas, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

We are glad to have the opportunity to comment on this report.

The day in question was indeed a little bit difficult for us since the cooling system in our kitchen was replaced that day so our kitchen staff could not work unobstructed.
This is, of course, of no concern to our guests who can expect the best treatment they can get. Our service staff should have pointed this fact out from the start so our guests would have the choice of either taking the time or not.

Nevertheless would we have expected to get the opportunity to explain about the waiting time instead of being deserted by our guests with a plate of ham and eggs (our ham can be mistaken for bacon since it is a very high end bone-in-ham) with no visible hair of any color in it (no one of our employees has blonde hair anyway) and empty glasses.

Maybe we would have decided to invite our guests to their breakfast, but we would rather have had the choice to do so.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Loved this place... An English tearoom transferred to a tree lined courtyard next the cathedral. Bit pricey. The cream tea for two was 28 Euros but got nice crustless sarnies, local cakes and English muffin with cream/jam. Spent well over an hour soaking up the atmosphere. Mostly locals which explains why so few reviews. Take your lady here and impress her!

Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

We were so glad that we tried this lovely tea house. It truly lived up to all the great reviews we've read.

The service was 5 star. Probably the best we've encountered in Vienna. The staff were really busy but were always smiling, professional and patient. We went there for lunch and there was a good variety of dishes to choose from. The menu offered sandwiches, pasta, fish, curry, etc. Of course, the tea selection was endless. The food quality was good too. Although the small tea house was packed, the place was still a cosy haven, away from the crowds at the cathedral.

The tea shop next to the restaurant was equally lovely and we really enjoyed browsing around after our lunch.

All in all, a highly recommended tea house!!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

From 3 pm onwards, afternoon tea is served. It consists of a large pot of tea of your choice, 5 quarter sandwiches with different fillings. Then a scone with cream and strawberry jam. Finally a top tier of 8 different small cakes & petit fours.
Delicious indeed!