All reviews clean rooms and comfortable beds natural history main attractions of the city shopping street major shopping quiet street spent nights here there is no air conditioning convenient location walking distance average hotel recommend this hotel tram stop free wifi very nice hotel mariahilferstrasse quartier
Reviewed 29 April 2013 via mobile

I'm now in this hotel and it seems acceptable. Furniture is average, so is hall, all in one it's pretty good. Only thing I don't like is bad smell in toilette. Room maids are good and fair. According to it's location, price is very low.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 15 March 2013

I usually select hotels by their location keeping in mind that it's a pleasure to walk «home» after a concert or an opera without using the U-Bahn or other public transport.
This hotel is very close to the centre and it takes at most 15 – 20 minutes to get virtually anywhere on foot without being in a hurry. But there're also two U-Bahn stations nearby, and a tram station on the Ring not really far away.
The room was clean, so was the bathroom. Don't think you'll get enough place to ride a bicycle, but it's not supposed to be so. It has everything to stay overnight, including a stable wifi connection.
The staff were helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Serbel
Reviewed 8 October 2012

The Hotel Admiral is located just off the main shopping thoroughfare, close at-hand to the Museums Quartier and the U-Bahn stop there. The U-Bahn stop for Neubau is just a few minutes' walk up the hill (it services different lines). A 20-minute walk to the inner city, the Hofburg, etc..

I didn't find the staff to be either pleasant or rude - neutral is the way I'd describe them, and it was OK by me. This is an Old-World budget hotel, and it is fine for what it is. All I require is a clean room and bath, and working Wi-Fi -- the Hotel Admiral fit the bill.

The price was decent booked through an online consolidator and I was overall pleased with the value in terms of location, price and accommodations. The included breakfast is ordinary, but varied enough so that you can satisfy your morning hunger and need for a cup of coffee.

I would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank kennorthrup
Reviewed 2 October 2012

The: positive fore up: the rooms are clean and reasonably modern as well as spacious, the wifi had excellent strength throughout and worked very well and the hotel is in a great, fairly central location. One can walk to the major inner city sights within ~30 minutes ( St Stephen's, Hofburg, museums, opera etc.) Vienna's shopping mile (Mariahilferstrasse) is also just around the corner and so are underground stations for the U2.
On the downside, the reception staff can be rather acerbic, if not to say outright rude. I watched a staff member telling off a poor Asian guest for daring to ask for her room key: "Can't you see I am busy now- just wait!" in a tone that I have never heard used to address a paying hotel guest ever.
As other reviewers have pointed out, there is a nightclub across from the hotel, and rather wasted patrons leave at all times after midnight in a rather raucous fashion until ~ 5:30 a.m. - hard to have an uninterrupted night's sleep. Better ask for a room towards the back.
Breakfast, as expected for a room at budget price is rather basic, but adequate; it is however a completely loveless affair, with cheese/salami etc bread/bread rolls served in a very uncaring fashion, not a particularly nice start to a day.
All in all: a budget hotel with adequate standard for sight seeing,centrally located and reasonably priced for Vienna. You don't want to stick around in the hotel too long and risk being exposed to the wrath of a receptionist :-)

Room Tip: ask for a room not facing the street, you'll sleep better!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank amadeusm
Reviewed 29 September 2012

Attempted to check in early at the Hotel Admiral for 9/9/12 at about noon-ish. Was rudely advised by curly-haired lady that we could not be checked in until 2pm. I then had to ask if we could store our luggage there and looked at me as if I was asking her for the moon to be served on a silver platter and reluctantly showed us to the storage room.
Then, hoping to see some sights and look them up via wifi, I asked her for the password and she said that she couldn't give us the password to the wifi because we weren't checked in.
Then I asked for directions to the Opera House and she mumbled the directions to me expecting me to know where I was going. At that point, I decided to go ask somewhere else.
Seemed she did not want to be bothered at all with any questions ever.

The room was ok. Standard and clean. Comfortable. Except beware! There is a nightclub pretty much immediately across the street from the hotel so if it is a hot and humid night, you won't be able to have the windows open since the club will be blaring and the people outside will be smoking and chattering away. The hotel does not have AC and you have to ask for a fan.

The hotel was in a great location as it was between the major shopping area and the major sights.
The sign inside the hotel said that it would be 149 Euros per night. I definitely wouldn't be paying that if I had a choice...this hotel is most definitely not worth that much. Perhaps 49.

Room Tip: Get one in the back to avoid the nightclub.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple