“Loved it!”

Neighbourhood: Wieden
Cowes, United Kingdom
“Loved it!”
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Visited here after seeing reviews on here, in my lonely planet guide and also in my Olive magazine! We visited twice for lunch on our trip, the first time on a Saturday - it was busy but as it was a sunny winter day we sat outside as it was full inside, they have out door heaters above and also blankets on the chairs for you to use so perfectly comfortable. The menu is middle eastern in style and caters for vegetarians which impressed me. On our first visit we shared a bottle of Austrian white wine - delicious! and baba ganoush with fresh pitta bread served in a cute cotton bag. i had the Sesame seared tuna with wasabi mash which was absolutely scrummy! On the second occasion I had the vegetarian burger which was paner cheese with grilled vegetable and a really tasty curry sauce. My mum had two equally yummy meals both times also. I would definitely come here again and recommend highly, On the second visit we sat inside upstairs but it was really busy both times and I'm sure it is hard to get a table in the evenings. The staff were really friendly and efficient with service too. As it is in the Naschmarket it is a great place to watch the world go by too.

• Visited February 2014

• Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

After doing a bit of research on trip advisor and walking past this place earlier in the day, we decided to try it. We didn't have a reservation but we figured it was a mid winter Monday night so we wouldn't need one. First problem! Although they could squeeze us onto a table upstairs, we opted to wait at the bar for a bigger table. In the end, we ate at the bar which turned out to be the best option for us as we could watch the proceedings. The menu looked good but the food was amazing. We had the falafel mezze plate to start. The creamiest hommous I have ever tasted and delicious felafel - but the dish is more than that - full of interesting vegetables too. Then we had the caramelised eggplant and the meatballs to share. Perfect although the chicken on the eggplant dish was unnecessary (it's an optional extra but I didn't think it added anything). The draft beers were excellent and complemented the food perfectly. We couldn't squeeze in dessert despite the recommendation of the chocolate cake by the waiter. In a way, even if we had the space, finishing off this amazing middle eastern food with chocolate cake might be a Viennese thing to do but just didn't seem quite right. Second problem: this restaurant does not take credit cards - cash only. We didn't plan for this so after a quick scramble to an ATM, we were on our way. Excellent and highly recommended.

Visited February 2014
Reykjavik, Iceland
“Perfect for breakfast”
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I had breakfast with a friend on a saturday morning, we had the breakfast for two to share. This breakfast included Fresh fruit salad, labane, home-made jam, pita bread, scrambled eggs and pastrami, as well as glasses of prosecco. Everything tasted great and for only 9 euros per person it is a bargain. Next time i'll have a full meal.

• Visited January 2014
New York City, New York
“Delicious surprise”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We didn't expect to find a great place in the very touristy market, but Neni really impressed. It was packed when we walked in, but they found a place for us at the end of a large communal table upstairs. The service was friendly and efficient, even though they were swamped. I had an interesting dish of eggplant and hummus that was amazing. My partner had the almond-crusted chicken strips and loved them. The fries were awesome!

• Visited December 2013
Brighton, United Kingdom
“A great find”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We visited Neni when trying to find somewhere for a quick bite after visiting the excellent Third Man Museum which is close by. Service was good and I would definitely recommend the food. We shared the mezi to start with which was good but I'd definitely recommend this venue for its choice of main courses.
After some deliberation I had the caramelised melanzani - delicious aubergine marinated and cooked in chilli and ginger and served with grilled chicken strips (optional) and basmati rice. My wife had the 'Jerusalem Plate'- grilled chicken cooked in Asian spices and served with hummus and green tahini plus the restaurants own excellent pitta bread. Would definitely recommend this place for a casual bite to eat when in Vienna. The coffee was good too!

• Visited January 2014