“Unexpected and excellent !”
Review of Neni am Naschmarkt

Neni am Naschmarkt
Ranked #105 of 4,417 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Israeli
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Wieden
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We went to Naschmarkt on Saturday late evening not expecting to find many places open or to be very good, but we stumbled upon Neni which looked quite interesting.

We got a table outside and ordered the hamshuka which was very good ! For mains, I ordered the chicken with tomato salsa which was excellent !! The staff was friendly and helpful.

Excellent service, great ambiance and yummy meal

Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

It's a cool place. The food was good I would say 7/10 because there is a lot of spices in Middle East food and I'm not that fan but the whole concept was good with nice waitresses. The "Pita" (bread) was excellent

Reviewed 21 April 2014

This is a very trendy restaurant situated in the famous Nashmarkt. The menu is oriental, varied and the two dishes we tried were very delicious. The only downside is the size of the dishes.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

This middle-eastern place is definitely worth a stop already for the hummus. Our group had some wraps & falafel and lamb kebab, and everyone was super happy with the lunch. The service was friendly and the building was cozy. We had to wait a bit at the bar as this seems to be a super popular place.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

Visited here after seeing reviews on here, in my lonely planet guide and also in my Olive magazine! We visited twice for lunch on our trip, the first time on a Saturday - it was busy but as it was a sunny winter day we sat outside as it was full inside, they have out door heaters above and also blankets on the chairs for you to use so perfectly comfortable. The menu is middle eastern in style and caters for vegetarians which impressed me. On our first visit we shared a bottle of Austrian white wine - delicious! and baba ganoush with fresh pitta bread served in a cute cotton bag. i had the Sesame seared tuna with wasabi mash which was absolutely scrummy! On the second occasion I had the vegetarian burger which was paner cheese with grilled vegetable and a really tasty curry sauce. My mum had two equally yummy meals both times also. I would definitely come here again and recommend highly, On the second visit we sat inside upstairs but it was really busy both times and I'm sure it is hard to get a table in the evenings. The staff were really friendly and efficient with service too. As it is in the Naschmarket it is a great place to watch the world go by too.