“A great place to eat”

Dining options: Reservations
Helsinki, Finland
“A great place to eat”
Reviewed 15 October 2012

I was in Wien last summer and I got to eat in this Greek restaurant one evening. I liked both the food and the restaurant. The staff treated us so well and they were utterly nice. Clearly they wanted us to enjoy our food and have a great time.

The owner of the restaurant and the staff members are very social, but that didn't bother me or my friend. We actually weren't used to that, but it was completely all right. They were chatty, but that made us feel welcome.

But I think the most positive part of my or our experience was the white wine we sipped. It was sweetish, absolutely spledid and now I know there are some delightful white wines out there!

• Visited August 2012

• Indonesian first
St. John's, Canada
“The unexpected feast”
Reviewed 11 October 2012

Wanting a short break after touring Schonnbrun Palace and before touring Belvedere Palace, we spotted the Art Corner nearby the entrance to Belvedere. The consensus was we just wanted a bowl of soup. We asked the waiter who showed us to our table whether they had soup on the menu and he said yes... but what you really want is some Mediterranean food, that is our specialty. So he insisted that we have a hot sampler and a cold sampler amongst the four of us.

We got way more than we needed but the quality of food was good. The waiter then presented a sampler of dessert "on the house".

While we had only wanted soup, the waiter had imposed his food choice upon us. We would have refused it but the food was good and we had worked up a bigger appetite than we realized. Beware of the upsell in this place, but by all means sample the food.

• Visited September 2012
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“amazing spanakopita”
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I was walking past this place when I noticed that it was busy and that the specials looked good. I ended up sitting down and having the spanakopita, which I have to say was the best I've ever had. The service was fine and, unlike some alleged experiences of this place, I wasn't ripped off.

Everyone else seemed pretty happy with their food and - on the basis that you rate places on your own experiences and no-one elses - I thought this place was great.

• Visited June 2012
Canada
“Be wary! Will rip you off!”
Reviewed 10 January 2012

This restaurant is on the side street - Prinz-Eugen Strasse - bordering Belvedere Palace. It has a blue awning.

After having a lovely visit to Belvedere Palace, we were tired and noticed this restaurant/cafe on Prinz-Eugen Street. We reviewed the lunch menu on the billboard and the waitress invited us in. She was very friendly. The waitress spoke English and advised us that they had a lunch special with Austrian tapas for 12 Euros and it serves 2 persons. We agreed to have that. And my husband ordered a coke.

While we were having lunch, I noticed a dispute at another table with a couple of English patrons. It was about the bill.

They brought the small plates of food for us but the only tasty item was the salad. At the end of the meal, when we asked for the bill, we were shocked to see that it was for $63 instead of $15.

We called the owner over, to dispute the bill. He knew exactly what the problem was. He explained the meal was $12 per person and not $12 for 2 persons as stated by the waitress. And the salad was an extra $18 per person. According to him, it was not included in the meal, although it was served in a small plate as part of the meal .

I was very annoyed because the waitress intentionally misled us. He quickly knocked the extra salad cost off the bill and we paid the balance of $27. They both spoke excellent English so it was not a language problem.

It appears that this is a regular misrepresentation they use, to get people into the restaurant and then hit you with a big bill. Now I know what the dispute at the other table was about!

This is really a bad reflection on Vienna, which is such a beautiful city! I would advise all visitors to be wary of being ripped off in this restaurant!

This was the only bad experience we had in Vienna!

• Visited July 2011
2 Thank calmwarmseas
Germantown, Maryland
“Unusual Experience”
Reviewed 7 January 2012

My friend and I met one of the owners when we were visiting the Belvedere Place. Seemed like the typical salesman and said they had good food. So we decided to go back for dinner that evening.

The food was great. However the owner kept ordering food for us and more wine. It was quite an experience. The food was GREAT. But we had more than we could possibly eat. The one owner. well ??? He was a little too friendly.

I would not recommend single women to go to this restaurant by yourself.

I was not going to write anything until I saw another review on a different site by a woman that visited thre with her female friend. That review was disturbing. And I can see how that experience could have happened to her friend. So, I decided to write about our experience which was sort of similar.

• Visited October 2011