“Worst experience in vienna!!!”
Review of Art Corner

Art Corner
Ranked #343 of 4,341 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 January 2013

We were visiting during new year break. After visting Belvedere Place, we tried to find a place to have coffee. We spotted there is a restaurant just across the corner and we decided to have coffee there.
When we entered the restaurant was busy time, however, WE MAKE SURE THERE WAS FREE TABLE FOR 4 of US. We followed the owner instruction to the left room of restaurant. And the middle age waiter just checking me up and down!! feels like he is measuring how much you worth it, with a disdain look. I felt disrespectful and offensive!
When we arrived the table, there was missing chair, and my friends asked him nicely if he can find us chair. He just said if you want the chair, you go get it yourself, and left us standing in the middle of restaurant.
We felt really disrespectful from the waiter, the worst service and experience you can get in this lovely city. NOT RECOMMEND AT ALL!
We are happy we left such restaurant. if you want to find a cafe after visit belvedere, you can find "Goldegg cafe" just few blocks away. Price are pretty much the same and the service is really really good.

Reviewed 15 October 2012

I was in Wien last summer and I got to eat in this Greek restaurant one evening. I liked both the food and the restaurant. The staff treated us so well and they were utterly nice. Clearly they wanted us to enjoy our food and have a great time.

The owner of the restaurant and the staff members are very social, but that didn't bother me or my friend. We actually weren't used to that, but it was completely all right. They were chatty, but that made us feel welcome.

But I think the most positive part of my or our experience was the white wine we sipped. It was sweetish, absolutely spledid and now I know there are some delightful white wines out there!

Reviewed 11 October 2012

Wanting a short break after touring Schonnbrun Palace and before touring Belvedere Palace, we spotted the Art Corner nearby the entrance to Belvedere. The consensus was we just wanted a bowl of soup. We asked the waiter who showed us to our table whether they had soup on the menu and he said yes... but what you really want is some Mediterranean food, that is our specialty. So he insisted that we have a hot sampler and a cold sampler amongst the four of us.

We got way more than we needed but the quality of food was good. The waiter then presented a sampler of dessert "on the house".

While we had only wanted soup, the waiter had imposed his food choice upon us. We would have refused it but the food was good and we had worked up a bigger appetite than we realized. Beware of the upsell in this place, but by all means sample the food.

Reviewed 25 June 2012

I was walking past this place when I noticed that it was busy and that the specials looked good. I ended up sitting down and having the spanakopita, which I have to say was the best I've ever had. The service was fine and, unlike some alleged experiences of this place, I wasn't ripped off.

Everyone else seemed pretty happy with their food and - on the basis that you rate places on your own experiences and no-one elses - I thought this place was great.

Reviewed 10 January 2012

This restaurant is on the side street - Prinz-Eugen Strasse - bordering Belvedere Palace. It has a blue awning.

After having a lovely visit to Belvedere Palace, we were tired and noticed this restaurant/cafe on Prinz-Eugen Street. We reviewed the lunch menu on the billboard and the waitress invited us in. She was very friendly. The waitress spoke English and advised us that they had a lunch special with Austrian tapas for 12 Euros and it serves 2 persons. We agreed to have that. And my husband ordered a coke.

While we were having lunch, I noticed a dispute at another table with a couple of English patrons. It was about the bill.

They brought the small plates of food for us but the only tasty item was the salad. At the end of the meal, when we asked for the bill, we were shocked to see that it was for $63 instead of $15.

We called the owner over, to dispute the bill. He knew exactly what the problem was. He explained the meal was $12 per person and not $12 for 2 persons as stated by the waitress. And the salad was an extra $18 per person. According to him, it was not included in the meal, although it was served in a small plate as part of the meal .

I was very annoyed because the waitress intentionally misled us. He quickly knocked the extra salad cost off the bill and we paid the balance of $27. They both spoke excellent English so it was not a language problem.

It appears that this is a regular misrepresentation they use, to get people into the restaurant and then hit you with a big bill. Now I know what the dispute at the other table was about!

This is really a bad reflection on Vienna, which is such a beautiful city! I would advise all visitors to be wary of being ripped off in this restaurant!

This was the only bad experience we had in Vienna!

2  Thank calmwarmseas