“The music was fun....”

Cuisines: Austrian, Wine Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Dobling
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We went here as an optional tour with our Globus trip to Austria. The meal and wine was included in the cost of the tour. We were served sausages, veal, kraut, potatoes and wine family style. The food was not the best that we had during our stay in Austria but it was still good. The music was very nice. They took requests and played songs for everyone to enjoy. I feel I misunderstood the intent of the tour. I understood that at a wine tavern you would be able to enjoy the all the new wines. However, It was impression from the wait staff that you were to enjoy either the red or the white. We did get a carafe of both because of the individual preferences at our table but the staff was very slow to offer any more. Personally, I would have liked to have been offered more wine. I would be willing to go to another Heuriger restaurant in Vienna but would choose some place else.

There are newer reviews for Weingut Heuriger Reinprecht

Reviewed 17 January 2013

Ahhh, violins and accordions by maestros at your table while you dine on perfectly excellent Austrian cuisine. So romantic, so simpatico. Perfect service. Perfect traditional ambiance. Perfect everything. Let's go again!

2  Thank Lacey S
Reviewed 4 November 2012

This was not the Vienna heuriger experience I remember from 1980. At the end of the 38 tram in Grinzing, a short walk up the street and there you will find the world's largest collection of cork screws and an array of vineyard pruning knives and tools. The entrance to the place is so inviting, but that's where the inviting stops. We were seated quickly, though albeit rudely by a wait staff. The freshly pressed grape juice, white wine, and red wine were good. We ordered food at the counter from a grumpy lady who barked her annoyance at us, but finally warmed up ever so slightly. Light supper for 8 cost us 35 euro with a sampling of ham, side pork and sausages, bread, and kraut. The waiter never came back after the first delivery, but an accordian player and guitarist showed up. We sang edelweiss and and do re mi fa so la ti do. Come time to pay the drinks were 31 euro, I said 35 and the waiter kept 38 of my 100 and said ok and walked away. The place was not clean and quite smelly--doesn't help that smoking is still allowed. Sadly, I made a big mistake by bringing me friends to Reinprecht--I should've gone to Neustift am Walde--NOT Grinzing.

2  Thank Brad M
Reviewed 14 October 2012

We went in because it looked like exactly the sort of place we wanted to find in Vienna. The decor is great, the atmosphere was fantastic. COuld we get a drink- hell no. Left after 20 minutes of enjoying the music

1  Thank Wonderbra_Star
Reviewed 15 September 2012

1000 year old Grinzing District in Vienna had many Heurige wine restaurants in the past.Unfortunately,slowly these old restaurants are disappearing and becoming embassies or condos.
The atmosphere is terrific.It's like being a guest in the farmer's home,centuries ago,eating his food and drinking his wine.The walls are covered with 200 year old muskettes,medievil lances and pikes,over 3,000 wine openers from all ages etc..The Hungarian violinist and the accordion player will play your song and the laughter from the guests fill the rooms.The Irish would call this a great crack!
Nowhere else in the world except in Vienna!

1  Thank nflorian