1,127 results
All reviewscity centreu bahnjunior suiteroom cleaninggood sizestaff on receptionnice bathroomquiet areaminute walkdouble bedquiet side streetvery nice hotelvery pleasant stayrooms are cleanhotel is locatedthe ground floormini bar
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We had a wonderful stay at the Imlauer hotel in Vienna. Good location and beautifully decorated room. We had several stops on our trip, each only a couple hours apart, but, in separate countries. We had some questions regarding taking the rental car out of country and just the logistics of what we had planned to do. The staff at the desk went far beyond what we would normally have expected, making phone calls and actually doing research to get answers for us. It was a good location and was a very comfortable home for us in Vienna. With all those pros, my only con was that breakfast (not included in our room rate) was pretty expensive, £20 per person, and didn't seem to be worth it to us.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
imlauer, General Manager at Hotel Imlauer Wien, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Dear value guest,
Thank you very much for your very kind review.
I am glad to read through it with its worm and motivating words – I have already forwarded your feedback to our staff and they are very happy too.
Our buffet-breakfast is available for € 17,00 per person and per day and our guest do have a great choice of different hot and cold specialities.
I hope to see you back again the next time you visit Vienna.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Managed to get a special-deal price, and was therefore quite happy. Internet was rather slow. Breakfast too pricey, but other options (and shops) nearby. TV volume restriction was a bit too low. The twin-room was quiet, beds comfortable, and modern bathroom roomy and well lit.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
imlauer, General Manager at Hotel Imlauer Wien, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

Dear guest,
thank you very much for your positive comment.
I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.
We are currently switching to another provider for our free WIFI internet system in order to get a better performance. Maybe you take advantage the next time you stay with us.
We hope to welcome you again soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 11 May 2013

Stayed at the hotel for the May bank holiday, which we spent having a long wknd in Vienna. Hotel was very nice, rooms were large, clean and seemed relatively recently renovated (new-ish and large bathroom also). Hotel has excellent transportation links to the underground and is centrally located, 15 min walking distance to the city centre - so very convenient for tourists spending a long wknd. It is also not far from the airport, our shuttle taxi (which we arranged for €60 return in the airport terminal at arrival) took about 30min to the airport with no traffic and 50 min with traffic.

Breakfast in the hotel seemed quite expensive at €17-20 per person, so we did not have it in the hotel on any day. There are several very good cafes nearby, which had great cofee and Austrian pastries, etc and are inexpensive (including a Der Mann cafe), so not having breakfast in the hotel was not an issue.

We booked the hotel via an Expedia offer, so was not particularly expensive, overall our stay was very good value; much better value than other 4 star hotels in Western Europe (for example in Italy or France).

Hotel staff were nice and helpful, the reception staff had quite good recommendations (we were also not allowed on one occassion to make a local call from the reception, which is probably fair but still a downer).

The hotel bar which we tried once on a Sunday evening was a complete disappointment. There was no barman on the day (staff shortage), hence no cocktails, draught beer or bar food available at all. Only thing that was on offer was bottled beer. Various other parties chose to leave and go elsewhere, we regretfully chose to stay. Probably that night was an exception but in those circumstances may have been better to close the bar altogether.

Would definitely recommend and look to visit again on our next trip to Vienna. Vienna is a beautiful and touristic city and this hotel is a great place to have as a base to enjoy the city.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
imlauer, General Manager at Hotel Imlauer Wien, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2013

Dear value guest,
Thank you so much for your kind review.
It’s a pleasure to hear, you liked your stay with us and it’s good to know that our guest love the situation of our hotel as well as the easy access from the airport/stations.
Our delicious breakfast buffet is available for only € 17,00 per person and per day and includes a great choice of specialities for the convenience of our guests.
I am sorry, that you experienced some problems with our bar staff, thank you for informing us and I have already had a conversation with the person in charge in order to avoid such situations for the future. Again, I am very sorry for the inconveniences you have experienced with this.
Thanks’ for recommending us to other guest and it would be a pleasure, having you back again soon.

Best regards from sunny Vienna

Reviewed 9 May 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights in May 2013 and totally loved the place. I would definitely stay at the same place if I come to Vienna again.

Pros
– Wardrobe was big with enough equipment to comfortably arrange our clothes.
– Room was spacious, super clean with modern furnishings.
– Bathroom had warm floor, hair dryer and soap + shampoo.
– We asked for quiet room, and we received it. We didn't hear what was going on in other rooms.
– Close to metro and city center, we used metro only 2 times when we were heading to distant attractions. We don't mind walking, so several times we walked to/from city center. The weather was wonderful.
– They have wine, water and snacks at the mini bar in the room, which is quite reasonably priced. We had 2 tea cups, 2 wine glasses and a kettle at our room.
– 2 BILLA stores are nearby – good if you, like us, like to buy water/snacks, some local wines, etc.
– Friendly English-speaking reception, recommended us restaurants in the neighborhood and answered our questions 'how to get there - what to see there".
– I give 4 stars to sleep quality because we had different experience, all in one bed. I was totally fine and think the bed was comfortable. I did sleep well. My husband said it was uncomfortable and he woke up several times each night. He sleeps on his back, I like sleep on my sides :)
– Free Wi-Fi

Cons
– The only thing I didn't like was expensive breakfast. 17 Euros per person is too much in my opinion. But, on the other side, it stimulated us to explore more cafes in Vienna – which is a plus in the end.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
imlauer, Geschäftsführer at Hotel Imlauer Wien, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2013

Dear value guest,
Thank you very much for your nice and very warm and motivating review here on tripadvisor.
Thank you for sharing your experiences with other guests.
It’s nice to hear, you had your best experiences with the furniture, amenities and standards of our guest-rooms – maybe you decide for the superior-room the next time you visit us – You will love it too.
I am happy to read your recommendations about shops/restaurants/locations – other guest will take advantage of this 
Thank you for your review about our staff – it’s a pleasure to hear, you were as happy with our service.
It was a pleasure, having you as our guests, and I hope you will return very soon.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

We just stayed at this hotel for four nights. Out room was in a sort of peculiar location on the second floor with a few twists and turns to get there, but it was very quiet. The room is compact, but the space is efficiently arranged. We had absolutely no problem with the Internet at any time.

It's convenient to the underground, but we were on a three week trip and I certainly wouldn't have wanted to drag two medium suitcases and two heavy carry-ons for that distance, even if it is all flat. Upon leaving Vienna, we took a cab to the airport for a flat rate of 35 euro. I wasn't crazy about the price, but I was less crazy about the idea of taking all that luggage to the underground closest to the Imlauer and then having to change subway lines to get the Cat train to the airport.

Hotel staff were very helpful. On the day we left I noticed a card in our room that said if we skipped a day of room cleaning, we'd get a 5 euro voucher for use in the bar. That might appeal to some potential guests.

It was hot part of the time we were in Vienna, and we were pleased that our room had air conditioning, even though the halls in the hotel did not. We did not visit the restaurant or bar, so I can't make any comments about that. I appreciated the convenience of an electric kettle with tea bags and instant coffee packets. We like to carry snacks and drinks with us when we head out for a day of sightseeing, and there are 2 Billa grocery stores near the hotel. I would definitely stay in this hotel again if we come back to Vienna.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
imlauer, General Manager at Hotel Imlauer Wien, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2013

Dear value guest,
Thank you very much for your detailed review.
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your vacation in Vienna and that you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your nice comments about our service and staff – they really appreciate your very warm and motivating words.
Our hotel is completely air-conditioned throughout all areas, however sometimes we experience higher temperatures in the lobby and bar area due to very hot weather, but we are currently working on it in order to get it cooler there as well.
Further, our environment-programme “help us make a difference for the environment” is indeed very popular and frequently asked by all our guests.
See you soon,