“An excellent choice!”

Ranked #133 of 196 Speciality Lodging in Vienna
Dorking, United Kingdom
“An excellent choice!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

My girlfriend and I were looking for accommodation in Vienna on a slim budget and couldn't have chosen better. Arabella herself was incredibly welcoming and took time to make sure that we were comfortable and gave us some excellent recommendations for places to eat, shop and drink.

The guesthouse itself is a little way out of the centre but is only 100m from the nearest subway station, a five minute walk from West Banhoff and about 15 minutes by tube from St Stephens and the same from Schloß Schönbrunn. In short, very handily placed!

I can only comment on our room which had it's own kitchen, bathroom, separate WC and a very spacious living/bedroom. To cap it all, there was a good size balcony with views across to the west with an impressive church to the right and a little peek of the Gloriette at Schönbrunn in the distance! The sunsets were marvellous as well. The decor is a little dated but nothing offensive and it was all clean.

There is some traffic noise but we were 6/7 floors up and it is no worse than any other big city.

She was in the process of setting up her own website when we were there so you can save 10% on the Hostelbookers.com price by contacting her directly through guesthousearabella.goosfraba.info/

All in all, we were very happy with our choice and would certainly go back.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

We (my girlfriend and I) stayed here for 4 days and loved the place. We had a great apartment with a balcony and kitchen all to ourselves. The location was close to the subway and many eateries.

Since we left on a holiday Arabella let us keep the room key all day because our train didn't depart until 8pm. She also let us use her room and computer for internet because our room had wifi but it was not the strongest of signals.

Arabella was very helpful with suggestions of places to eat and things to see.

I will stay there again!

Room Tip: Rooms closer to her office have better internet signal
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Innsbruck, Austria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 1 night during our weekend in Vienna. The owner was really lovely and very helpful. The place is in a great location near to the Westbahnhof, and opposite a train station for great links to the city. The room we stayed in had a great view over the city. The building and the rooms are a bit dated, but the room was clean. The oven in our apartment didnt work but the owner let us use the oven in the guest kitchen. If you are just looking for a budget place to stay whilst exploring the city, without having to pay a fortune, I really would reccommend this palce.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Dublin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2011

We (my boyfriend and I - both in our mid-20's) recently spent 3 nights in this hostel and although the rooms were clean and the owner most helpful we found the accomdation very basic and outdated. There was a fusty/old smell. This was very reasonable and the location central however it was a case of paying for what you get.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Catherine C
Debrecen, Hungary
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2011

The Arabella guesthouse is actually located in a regular 10-storey apartment house near a main road in Vienna. It is really central with many main attractions and stations in a walking distance plus good transport. The price is reasonable (even cheaper than the cheapest hotel rooms) and comes with a spacious apartment with kitchen, bathroom, balcony. The owners are motivated and help you out with anything you need. Con is that the nearby road is very noisy so you might have to keep the windows closed.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Andr J
Camrose, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2011

My husband and I stayed in a two bedroom apartment with the Guesthouse Arabella in July 2010. We had a wonderful time. The woman who runs it is very friendly and helpful. She helped us find connecting Strassenbahn and how to get to attractions.
If you want to do laundry, give her your laundry in a bag and she'll get them done for you. We just did our laundry in the sink in the kitchen in our room. Don't be put off by the shutters on the windows that look like you're in prison. They are to keep the sun out to keep your apartment cooler...it doesn't mean there is a lot of crime!

Room Tip: If you want your own room and don't want to share with others, ask for the whole apartment, beca...
  • Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank travelbugged2006
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2011

I was searching for a place to stay, considering the Ibis hotel forlornly, as they are all boring worldwide in my experience. Was standing outside the Gasthaus Franceschi looking lost I suppose and the proprietor asked me if I needed a room. A lucky coincidence and ended up having a great night at the Arabella rather than a boring night at a chain hotel. Thanks guys.I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo