“Nice sunday brunch!”

Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Inner City
“Nice sunday brunch!”
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

We have been visiting greek restaurant for the first time in Austria and didn't now what to expect.
It was a great surprise. Food very good ofcourse from tzatziki, to lamb chops everything we were looking for.
Service quick, everybody smiling and polite. Nothing is a problem. It was a sunday brunch restaurant full, crowded, great atmosphere.

• Visited January 2014

• Greek first
Oakland, California
“Great service and food”
Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

We were originally going to Osteriais Pronto da Salvo, could not find it, went into Orpheus for directions and returned there after finding Pronto to be totally inadequate.
First, the service in Orpheus could not have been better. This is a Greek food place with a fine decour. We four easily found items on the menu to order, and each of us enjoyed our meals. We liked our wine. We liked our waiter.
Orpheus is a classy place.

Visited January 2014
Vienna, Austria
“Really good food”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I am not a big fan of Greek cuisine, it ist usually old-fashioned like in the 60s. But Orpheus ist different. Very, very friendly, perfect location in the city, really good food (by European standards - no Greek holiday Kitsch)

• Visited January 2014
Nijkerk, The Netherlands
“Good food and good service”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

When I am travelling for business purposes I often go out for dinner just by myself. I asked the hotel to book a table at 20:30h but when I arrived the table was not ready yet. After just 5 minutes I was taken to a table at the end of the restaurant, close to the wardrobe. The table was fine however.

On the wine list was a wine I liked and according to the description of this wine it was a 2011. When the waiter served the wine it turned out ot be 2012. I mentioned this and the waiter went away to check whether the 2011 was available. Unfortunately is was sold out. I knew 2011was a good year but I did not know about 2012. I asked the waiter and he confimed 2012 was okay. I decided to give it a try and agreed with this bottle... Unfortunately the wine was very young in taste and not quite my style.

I told the waiter that although I had approved the wine I preferred another wine. He went away to ask this and his colleague returned with some alternatives without hesitation. I really appreciated this gesture since the wine I ordered had been opened especially for me. This is the kind of service I like.

I ordered the octopus salad as a starter and it was delicious! Very tender and tasty. I thought the gyros as main course was also a good choice.

The only thing I did not like so much was that the restaurant charged me for bread I did not order but when mentioning this to the waiter he pulled it off the bill without any problem.

When looking for a stylish greek restaurant down town Vienna Orpheus is a good choice!

• Visited December 2013
London
“Always great”
Reviewed 6 December 2013

We have been at this restaurant multiple times over the last years. Bright and friendly ambience, friendly service, simple, honest and tasty food, very reasonably priced. Always great to go there.

• Visited November 2013