“Great hotel!”

FourSide Hotel & Suites Vienna
Ranked #164 of 359 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed 23 June 2013

My family and I traveled for the first time to Austria and stayed at this hotel in Vienna. Room was very comfortable and the breakfast is to die for, well stocked and great variety. My only complaints are that the overnight staff needs some work on etiquette, housekeeping needs to work on improving the staff attitude, and the breakfast staff on courtesy. I called at around 4 am to get in touch with my parents since my sister and I were out and about in the town. He answered the phone and I had to repeat myself 3 times, I asked for my parents room and he replied "lady its 4am" I was really upset since my parents were awaiting my call and I just replied " I know It’s my parents." He then proceeded to say “Well can you call back in 5 min I’m on the fourth floor and I cannot connect you." I work in a hotel and I would never in my dreams reply to a guest in that way, especially because it can be an emergency. Lastly, one night I stayed in the lobby with my dad while he smoked and I used the Internet, the lobby doors automatically lock after a certain time which I really like, but I asked the agent to please open the door for me that I had to go outside and he completely ignored me. I had to ask my dad to open the door from the outside. The issue that I had with housekeeping was that she gave me attitude, no matter what type of language barrier there is the interaction with the guest is priority. I would suggest for the hotel to buy more bath towels since there seems to have been a shortage while we were there and it was a hassle to get bath towels.Lastly, In the morning during breakfast I would like to say that overall the staff was great apart from a young lady that at 10:30am on the dot would start picking up all the breakfast and abruptly change the tables to their lunch setting. The other girls on previous occasions went up to us and asked if we wanted anything else since they were going to start picking up the breakfast items. I would recommend that if you still have guests sitting in the breakfast area at the time it ends, as a courtesy ask the guest if they are interested in anything else before you start taking things away. We really enjoyed the hotel during the 5 nights that we were there. The things I mentioned above are minor things that I think can improve the hotel in a great way! I would recommend this hotel and would stay again if I return to Vienna!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Mararabai

Reviewed 2 May 2013

We took the U6 metro line from westbahnhof , it is the last station (about 20 minute ride) to the Hotel . It is 5 minute walk from the Floridsdorf railway station, we arrived late in the evening but the nearby taxi stand cab guy (arabic) somewhat rudely showed us the directions that it is just 100 meters.

Reception staff Abulla was helpful to provide us upgrade to another room since they had not checkd our booking also had a child staying with us.

Room was like an apartment (huge ) with a separate sit out room where they put child bed. It had have microwave, electric water kettle, utensils (no hot plates though). Lots of convenience shops at floridsdorf station.

Breakfast spread was good and area spacious enough. Overall had a good time at the hotel.
Wi-fi only works in the lobby , there is a wired port in the room, you can borrow the cable from reception.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 April 2013

I am on official trip to Vienna and I am pleased with this hotel. Very good hotel very friendly staff. They know english and most important that nearest transport hub is hardly 200 mtrs away...Value for the money and you will not regreat on your decision.
Photo can be posted onece I reach India by next week end.....

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 March 2013

My wife and I enjoyed our stay because of the new comfortable rooms, great service, good breakfast buffet and convenient location in walking distance from the train station. The hotel restaurant is also recommendable. We will definitely think of coming back here on our next visit.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 12 January 2013 via mobile

We stayed with 2 small children for 3 nights. It is an excellent hotel. Very large rooms. Great breakfast and great staff! I highly recommend the hotel! The metro station is very close. Free parking in front of hotel. The neighborhood is very nice!

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 13 December 2012

I have stayed in this hotel a month ago, and i found it very good. Very professional staff, the rooms are huge and very clean. I found no minibar in the room, only an empty fridge in the small kitchen. Probably the internet free of charge in the room would be an asset for the hotel. Some slippers would be more appreciated because there is a carpet on the floor and the carpet it is harder to clean than the wooden floor.
I could reccomend the hotel for:
-the staff, very kind and very helpfull
-breakfast, it covers a large variety of demands.
-big, clean and very modern rooms.
-the smoking lounge and the smoking rooms.
Regarding the surroundings i can't state anything, i didnt had time to visit anything. My travel was for business purpose.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 December 2012

This quiet comfort hotel situated cca 150m from metro station and S-bahn. Very good, safe and quiet location (that what i like:-). To the city center approx. 15-20 minutes.

Very good american breakfast and friendly staff...

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family