“Good Hotel-Bad Internet Connection”

FourSide Hotel & Suites Vienna
Ranked #167 of 359 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I have stayed Ramada Hotel&Suite Vienna for a night on business trip. The location is good for me as it is close to the office but it is far from all landmarks and touristic places of Vienna. There are good transport connections (tram, metro) to the city though.

The room was spacious and so neat. I liked the little kitchen area which has sufficient equipments like utensils, microwave, kettle etc. Also, there are complimentary coffee and tea. I was so exhausted and the hot tea in a cold Vienna evening made me feel better.

The breakfast was satisfactory with various foods like cheese, fruits, oats, cereal, delicious breads, yoghurt, jam, Nutella etc.

The one point I didn’t like was the wired internet in the room. It is 2013 and even small B&Bs have wireless internet connection. There was only one point in the room that has the connection port and it is not comfortable to use the internet at only one spot. For a hotel at this quality, this point should be easily fixed.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 17 October 2013

This hotel was booked through a travel agent and we were not aware that the hotel was completely out of the center. It was so inconveniently located, we had to take a taxi ( long ride ), or even if we took metro, we had to change the line several times.
But some good points of the hotel were; the breakfast was good with varieties of food, the room was spacious with plates, cutlery ( but some were not cleaned ) microwave oven, etc for self catering.
But some staff was not trained to SMILE. Maybe it is difficult for Austrians to smile. And they did not understand our need ( I told him as we were 3 people, we need everything 3 sets instead of 2 sets, which he didn't understand and brought only 1 spoon and a glass, whereas we need many other things including a bath towel, a cup etc. ) He didn't know even to show some smile to the guest and stared at us.
Next day when we only got hand towel and there was no bath towel, we asked the receptionist to have them sent. After some time somebody came with 3 foot mats! I wonder Austrians might use foot mat to wipe their body after having bath, but certainly we don't.
But I must add that the other staff including the receptionist, some staff at the restaurant were courteous and nice.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Yuko2010
Reviewed 11 September 2013

+Spacious, clean rooms, abundandt breakfast, nice staff. Comfortable beds, tea/coffee/microwave oven in the room. Fitness room and sauna in the hotel. 25minutes to the city center by public transport. Few park places in the street for free. Good restaurants and shopping facilities in the district.
-Tight park places in the garage

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Anna B
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights in August 2013.
The hotel is a few miles from the city centre but is conveniently located for the metro station (5 minutes walk to station, approx 20 minutes journey to city centre).
Hotel room was fine and spacious. Tea/coffee making facilities were welcome.
Restaurant was decent and food was good.
We had to have someone to set tv up because we could receive no channels but bizzarly we had exactly the same problem the following day (we just didn't bother to watch it).
Would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Requested a quite room with a nice view and that is what we got. Would suggest a room on a higher fl...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fjhfdhdfhrf
Reviewed 20 July 2013

This hotel was very clean. I was able to go for a run from the hotel. It took me 5 minutes to run to this park. The park had a beautiful river with a lot of people with their children and dogs. There were also a lot of restaurants my friends and I wish we had gone to in place of wasting our time going into the city.

This hotel has nice size rooms and a small fitness center.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 July 2013

It is a very kind hotel located near from Florisdorf U-Bahn station and you can go walking (25 minuts) to Siemens. There is a very good room and perfect restaurant with good prices.
It is 20 minuts from the city center by U-Bahn.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank brenojacomo
Reviewed 23 June 2013

My family and I traveled for the first time to Austria and stayed at this hotel in Vienna. Room was very comfortable and the breakfast is to die for, well stocked and great variety. My only complaints are that the overnight staff needs some work on etiquette, housekeeping needs to work on improving the staff attitude, and the breakfast staff on courtesy. I called at around 4 am to get in touch with my parents since my sister and I were out and about in the town. He answered the phone and I had to repeat myself 3 times, I asked for my parents room and he replied "lady its 4am" I was really upset since my parents were awaiting my call and I just replied " I know It’s my parents." He then proceeded to say “Well can you call back in 5 min I’m on the fourth floor and I cannot connect you." I work in a hotel and I would never in my dreams reply to a guest in that way, especially because it can be an emergency. Lastly, one night I stayed in the lobby with my dad while he smoked and I used the Internet, the lobby doors automatically lock after a certain time which I really like, but I asked the agent to please open the door for me that I had to go outside and he completely ignored me. I had to ask my dad to open the door from the outside. The issue that I had with housekeeping was that she gave me attitude, no matter what type of language barrier there is the interaction with the guest is priority. I would suggest for the hotel to buy more bath towels since there seems to have been a shortage while we were there and it was a hassle to get bath towels.Lastly, In the morning during breakfast I would like to say that overall the staff was great apart from a young lady that at 10:30am on the dot would start picking up all the breakfast and abruptly change the tables to their lunch setting. The other girls on previous occasions went up to us and asked if we wanted anything else since they were going to start picking up the breakfast items. I would recommend that if you still have guests sitting in the breakfast area at the time it ends, as a courtesy ask the guest if they are interested in anything else before you start taking things away. We really enjoyed the hotel during the 5 nights that we were there. The things I mentioned above are minor things that I think can improve the hotel in a great way! I would recommend this hotel and would stay again if I return to Vienna!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family