“Rude waiters and not very good value for money” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of I Carusi

I Carusi
Ranked #1,107 of 4,071 Restaurants in Vienna
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Neubau
Stockholm
“Rude waiters and not very good value for money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2012

When we arrived to the half-empty restaurant, we (a gay couple) were placed at the worst table in the whole restaurant. When we asked for another table we got a heavy sigh by the italian waiter but were "allowed" to move.
Then we were stressed to order like it was close to closing time (which is wasn't) and settled for pasta. When it arrived it was okay, but nothing more and definately not worth the price.
After that, no-one in the staff paid us the slightest attention! Our plates were swiftly removed, but we were never asked if we wanted something more or anything else.
Our suggestion to the waiters and staff, drop the machismo attitude and start treating the customers equally, even if they are gay and/or don't speak italian!!! We will surely NEVER go there again.

Visited May 2012

Vienna, Austria
“Great place to go to when you get hungry while shopping on Mariahilferstrasse”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2011

Lunch break during saturday shopping. I Carusi is conveniently located only a couple 100m from the Mariahilferstraße in a trendy restaurant and bar area of 7th district. My wife and I are repeat customers of I Carusi and its two sister restaurants, mainly because of the great cooking they offer.

Today we both had pasta, which was excellent - meaning that the taste and the presentation were wonderful and that the size of the portions was very generous. As usual. There's an extensive menu with lots of choices between many typically italian dishes. The pizza is especially fabulous, and you can choose between many variations.

Fabulous cooking but only very good? Why? ...the service... The guys are quite efficient, but only average friendly and soooo slow. The other two locations belonging to the same owners, I Terroni and I Ragazzi, also in 7th district, are much better and would get the "excellent" rating from my wife and me.

• Visited August 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Balzan, Malta
“Very Good Italian Food - Excellent Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2010

I have visited I carusi on a number of different occasions and I have never been disappointed. The quality of the food is very good with quite a large variety of dishes. I have pasta, fish and meat and these were top notch. A suggestion for pasta would be the spaghetti with porcini whilst the Calamari with baked oven potatoes are equally good. The veal with porcini is not too bad either, although the steak does taste better. Every time I have gone I have always taken wine and coffee. The bill usually comes to around 30 Euros with a liquor on the house.